Shoutbox

Plugin request - counter in name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plugin request - counter in name (/showthread.php?tid=54444)

Plugin request - counter in name by The Madcap on 12-31-2005 at 08:45 PM

I searched the forum but can't seem to find anything which will allow me to do this: I want to have a counter that will continuously count to an unspecified number, while updating my name every 6sec or so.

Eg. "Human Population: 6,494,515,113"

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Plugin request - counter in name by DJKAL on 12-31-2005 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Madcap
an unspecified number,

how could that work?
it has nothing to count to!
RE: Plugin request - counter in name by Curtis on 01-01-2006 at 01:37 AM

He means like, it keeps counting up by like one or two, every six seconds.

RE: Plugin request - counter in name by CookieRevised on 01-01-2006 at 01:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Madcap
I searched the forum but can't seem to find anything which will allow me to do this: I want to have a counter that will continuously count to an unspecified number, while updating my name every 6sec or so.

Eg. "Human Population: 6,494,515,113"

Any help would be appreciated.

There isn't such a plugin (yet)... although something like that can easly be made with the scripting host plugin.

To know how to make your own plugins, start by reading the standard help pages: http://www.msgplus.net/help_plugins.php (programming knowledge required though) ;)

Though, be advised that if you change your nick every 6 seconds like that, your contacts will probably be very annoyed by it. Especially if they use an addon like Plus! which can announce nick changes of contacts. Not to mention the constant data you'll be sending to MSN servers and thus also your contacts.

Personally, I would ban anybody who starts updating their nick every 6 seconds (or 10 seconds, or 15 seconds.... 30 seconds would be the thin fine line... personally)