Shoutbox

Apear Offline - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Apear Offline (/showthread.php?tid=54501)

Apear Offline by SexyTiger on 01-02-2006 at 02:18 PM

One friend of mine, doesn't see me online, We have tried to remove from the list, block and unblock, etc, but it stays the same. Is there a way to solve this?

RE: Apear Offline by user27089 on 01-02-2006 at 02:21 PM

There is a bug that keeps going on with MSN Messenger 7.5, and people seem to be offline when they aren't... I don't think that there's a fix with it... It only happens very rarely though, so it shouldn't be a major issue, just restart your computer and sign into MSN Messenger again, that might work.

RE: Apear Offline by SexyTiger on 01-02-2006 at 02:28 PM

No, it didn't work :( Maybe if I upgrade or downgrade the msn?

(I think I am in the MSN's blacklist :P I also have some friends that their MSN is always blocking me lol)

Looks like I'm offline to everyone :s

RE: Apear Offline by MaRy! on 01-02-2006 at 02:46 PM

Servers problems ...

RE: Apear Offline by mwe99 on 01-02-2006 at 04:14 PM

How long has the problem gone on for? If it's just a for a short time, the likely cause is...

quote:
Originally posted by MaRy!
Servers problems ...

RE: Apear Offline by mcewan on 01-02-2006 at 08:18 PM

I have the same problem but i know what mine is.

RE: Apear Offline by Chestah on 01-02-2006 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mcewan
I have the same problem but i know what mine is.

Do you care to share this with all the other users having issues?
RE: Apear Offline by Lou on 01-03-2006 at 12:59 AM

I have been having this problem all day now. At first it was norton antivirus but now its not even installed anymore. i tried everything from restarting to block/unblock to appear offline, sign out etc and back and only a select few see me online

edit: after furthur investigation, I found it is the new virus mentioned in this thread that causes the problem.

edit2: see the fix provided at the bottom of the thread. it works.

RE: Apear Offline by lordy on 01-03-2006 at 01:40 AM

Most likely server problems, that happen quite often unfortunately, wait it out, until they get the server fixed again

RE: Apear Offline by Lou on 01-03-2006 at 05:48 PM

As it turns out, the fix only fixed it for certain contacts, so I doubt it even has anything to do with it. I stll appear offline to most contacts

RE: Apear Offline by cmonineedhelp on 01-03-2006 at 09:41 PM

MSN Acting very strange at the moment, it's stopping me from sending messages and my other friend can't connect at all.

RE: Apear Offline by Lou on 01-03-2006 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cmonineedhelp
MSN Acting very strange at the moment, it's stopping me from sending messages and my other friend can't connect at all.
people can't always send me messages, I appear offline to many etc...
RE: Apear Offline by LittleK on 01-04-2006 at 03:18 PM

Yup, my contacts cant see me online at all, as my thread states, i signed in and out about 6 times, then to some contacts i started to appear online.. might work until msn does something about their server.
* LittleK shrugs

RE: Apear Offline by Menthix on 01-04-2006 at 04:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
Which thread? What did you do exactly to fix it? Because i have some contacts with the same problem.

RE: Apear Offline by Lou on 01-04-2006 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
Which thread? What did you do exactly to fix it? Because i have some contacts with the same problem.
I thought it fixed it, but in fact it didn't so please ignore that message. It's worse than ever here now.