Shoutbox

random restarts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: random restarts (/showthread.php?tid=54517)

random restarts by [MR] on 01-02-2006 at 07:50 PM

[Image: pee0cq.th.jpg]

i got this error after my computer randomly restarts ....uhh and o my symantec's auto protect just got disabled by itself...but anyways does anyone know anything helpful about this error.

RE: random restarts by Mike on 01-02-2006 at 07:54 PM

Did you send the error report to Microsoft?
What did they respond with?

RE: random restarts by [MR] on 01-02-2006 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Did you send the error report to Microsoft?
What did they respond with?
no i didnt send the error report
RE: random restarts by absorbation on 01-02-2006 at 08:00 PM

I got that it was a driver error caused by some virus and my anti virus crashed my pc when reading it :)

It was easy to remove, just annoying that my pc crashed.

RE: random restarts by Chris4 on 01-02-2006 at 08:03 PM

I had a look here which has a simular error. You might want to read it. It has a couple suggestions:

quote:
thanks...simply deleted the minidump folder did the trick

I'd recommend:
Run system Restore in safe mode and restore to previously known good configuration

How long have you been getting this error?
RE: random restarts by [MR] on 01-02-2006 at 08:03 PM

well my AV is fine...ill do a scan now.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I had a look here which has a simular error. You might want to read it. It has a couple suggestions:

Delete the c:\windows\minidump\ folder

I'd recommend:
Run system Restore in safe mode and restore to previously known good configuration

How long have you been getting this error?
just today
RE: random restarts by absorbation on 01-02-2006 at 08:07 PM

I dont recommend a system restore the virus was simple to remove for me, it was the same symtoms :P

RE: random restarts by [MR] on 01-02-2006 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
I dont recommend a system restore the virus was simple to remove for me, it was the same symtoms :P
oh im not...ill scan with symantec AV
RE: random restarts by Chris4 on 01-02-2006 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]
quote:
oh im not...ill scan with symantec AV
If that doesn't work..
RE: random restarts by TylerG on 01-02-2006 at 08:13 PM

Your sister's boyfriend might have actually hacked you:S

RE: random restarts by [MR] on 01-02-2006 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TylerG
Your sister's boyfriend might have actually hacked you:S
ya i know.  i installed defendIT wireless on my computer (evaluation) to moiniter the wireless users getting on my computer
ok well i have 2 visitors on my network acconding to defendIT...dont know who they are...one is unkown and the other is ZYXEL communication
RE: random restarts by Chris4 on 01-02-2006 at 08:33 PM

I'm confused. We was talking about an error you was getting now someones hacking your computer :S

If it was me i'd do system restore toabout a day ago.

Did the AV work?

RE: random restarts by [MR] on 01-02-2006 at 08:39 PM

quote:
e was talking about an error you was getting now someones hacking your
i am about to scan still and will not do a system restore
RE: random restarts by Mike on 01-02-2006 at 08:40 PM

Try sending the error report to Microsoft...

RE: random restarts by [MR] on 01-02-2006 at 08:52 PM

ahh what is happening?  my custom names are enabled for msn thru plus but they arnt appearing so.  here is a screen shot:
[Image: wtf6mk.th.jpg]
the contact list also keeps getting changed to view contacts by email only.  there are 2 people on my network i keep deleting them but they come back...how can i block them?

RE: random restarts by Voldemort on 01-02-2006 at 09:53 PM

It has a  password? if not put one, if you do, change it to an alphanumerical complicated password

RE: random restarts by absorbation on 01-02-2006 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]ahh what is happening?  my custom names are enabled for msn thru plus but they arnt appearing so.  here is a screen shot:
the contact list also keeps getting changed to view contacts by email only.  there are 2 people on my network i keep deleting them but they come back...how can i block them?

Is your msn in the right directory? Do you have Live installed to? :P
RE: RE: random restarts by pollolibredegrasa on 01-02-2006 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR]
ahh what is happening?  my custom names are enabled for msn thru plus but they arnt appearing so.  here is a screen shot:
the contact list also keeps getting changed to view contacts by email only.

I thought Plus! could only show custom names by enabling view contacts by email address? Is this not what is changing it? :huh:
RE: random restarts by [MR] on 01-03-2006 at 12:19 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]ahh what is happening?  my custom names are enabled for msn thru plus but they arnt appearing so.  here is a screen shot:

Is your msn in the right directory? Do you have Live installed to? :P

i dont have live anymore...it was working a few minutes just before i posted that picture.

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
I thought Plus! could only show custom names by enabling view contacts by email address? Is this not what is changing it? :huh:
no u dont have to enable view contacts by email.

well i just got home and noticed that my computer had restarted once again b/c it got hung on some stupid floppy disk error in the bios as always.  so i pressed F1 to continue boot up.  then this message came up saying there is no boot disk insert it or whatever...i opened the tower and replugged in the IDE and power cables of the HDD and then restarted and everything was fine with that.  then msn was back to normal and i have no idea what the results were for Symantec AV since the computer restarted...

quote:

well i read all what is in that link.  they said just to delete the minidump folder in C:\windows  what is this folder about any ways?
[Image: bingo6gq.th.jpg]