Shoutbox

How Do You Get Text Styles In Your Name?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How Do You Get Text Styles In Your Name?? (/showthread.php?tid=54547)

How Do You Get Text Styles In Your Name?? by AnotherBrokenHeart on 01-03-2006 at 02:54 PM

Yes, I'm back. And i kinda know how to do it, it just doesnt seem to work. i type /nick then put the colours and everything, but then when i press ctrl + R and choose a style for where ever i want to put it and press enter it doesnt seem to work... Can anyone help??

RE: How Do You Get Text Styles In Your Name?? by Chris4 on 01-03-2006 at 03:43 PM

Ok, so you want bold/italics/underline/strike in your name, as well as different colours.

So, first thingys first, in a conversation box, type:

quote:
/nick

Then choose whether you want bold etc. by clicking the Plus! symbol and going to "insert a text formatting tag". If you click on bold it will appear something like this:

quote:
/nick 

Then choose your colour, by clicking Plus! icon and going to "insert a text colour tag". Click the colour you want. It will then look something like this, depending on the colour you chose:

quote:
/nick  4

Then type the text you want:

quote:
/nick 4Name here

Press enter and your name should change to this:

Name here

Just change everything so it's how you want it.
Hope that helps?
RE: How Do You Get Text Styles In Your Name?? by haydos on 01-03-2006 at 03:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherBrokenHeart
...but then when i press ctrl + R and choose a style for where ever...

The Ctrl + R comes before the nick

RE: How Do You Get Text Styles In Your Name?? by RaceProUK on 01-04-2006 at 12:36 PM

Basically:
'/nick ' {Ctrl+R} {click selection} 'name'

RE: How Do You Get Text Styles In Your Name?? by andymc1989 on 01-07-2006 at 12:28 AM

I'm having problems with this as well, when I try to make a code in MSN, it gives me a vertical thick line, and on one of the posts above when showing the symbol, I get a square, see the attachment, is this something to do with my text encoding?

RE: How Do You Get Text Styles In Your Name?? by Tochjo on 01-07-2006 at 10:14 AM

It's probably because of the font you're using. I believe it should still work if you type your nick after that.

RE: RE: How Do You Get Text Styles In Your Name?? by Matti on 01-07-2006 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
It's probably because of the font you're using. I believe it should still work if you type your nick after that.

Confirmed. Different fonts has different squares. ;)
You can also use shortcuts for all those styles:
Ctrl+B -> Start bold text
Ctrl+T -> Start italic text
Ctrl+U -> Start underlined text
Ctrl+K -> Start colored text
Ctrl+O -> Reset formatted text