Shoutbox

do you want a google PC? =\ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: do you want a google PC? =\ (/showthread.php?tid=54558)

do you want a google PC? =\ by guanako on 01-03-2006 at 09:34 PM

some of may  heve read it now but i found this on neowin.net , i wonder where all this is gonna go.
Google will unveil its own low-price personal computer or other device that connects to the Internet. Sources say Google has been in negotiations with Wal-Mart Stores Inc., among other retailers, to sell a Google PC. The machine would run an operating system created by Google, not Microsoft's Windows, which is one reason it would be so cheap — perhaps as little as a couple of hundred dollars.

Bear Stearns analysts speculated in a research report last month that consumers would soon see something called "Google Cubes" — a small hardware box that could allow users to move songs, videos and other digital files between their computers and TV sets. Larry Page, Google's co-founder and president of products, will give a keynote address Friday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Analysts suspect that Page will use the opportunity either to show off a Google computing device or announce a partnership with a big retailer to sell such a machine.

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by Lou on 01-03-2006 at 09:45 PM

wow This will be good:)

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by Ezra on 01-03-2006 at 09:51 PM

That's just another rumor like GoogleOS and Google and Microsoft buying Opera :S

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by Chris4 on 01-03-2006 at 10:27 PM

Can't say yet can we. Don't know exactly what it does or looks like etc.

Or even if it's true...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=586342]
:lol:

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by guanako on 01-03-2006 at 10:30 PM

lol @ Chris4, if there is one i hope is cheap and good :D

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by aNILEator on 01-03-2006 at 10:43 PM

Yeah i'd like to know what it looked like and its specs and stuff, i heard that if it was going to be made it would only cost around $100-$200

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by Lou on 01-03-2006 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Yeah i'd like to know what it looked like and its specs and stuff, i heard that if it was going to be made it would only cost around $100-$200
quote:
Originally posted by guanako
perhaps as little as a couple of hundred dollars.

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by DJeX on 01-03-2006 at 11:40 PM

Since where talking about Google and Computers heres the first computer Google was started on.

http://www-db.stanford.edu/pub/voy/museum/picture...lay/0-4-Google.htm

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by [MR] on 01-03-2006 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
Since where talking about Google and Computers heres the first computer Google was started on.

its made out of legos
RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by guanako on 01-03-2006 at 11:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX

its made out of legos
i think we all can see that :D that would be cool, change them and stuff, built a castle around it :P

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by Jhrono on 01-04-2006 at 12:16 AM

and </spam> ? Reported

I think google will sure make some changes on the current computer market if they release this

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by guanako on 01-04-2006 at 12:19 AM

google tends to make things simple and faster. take less space, memory. it will change the market completly if this is all true.

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by user27089 on 01-04-2006 at 01:07 AM

If it was a very lite and well created operating system with a lot of compatibilities (other than pacman), then I would probably buy one...

RE: do you want a google PC? =\ by Ezra on 01-04-2006 at 05:07 PM

Just like I told you, Google has denied the rumors...