Shoutbox

Can you be away to only one contact? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can you be away to only one contact? (/showthread.php?tid=54629)

Can you be away to only one contact? by algie on 01-05-2006 at 01:26 PM

Hi

Is there anyway of showing yourself as away or busy to just one contact? I don't really want to block them, and don't want to show offline as I want to be able to talk with others.

Ta

RE: Can you be away to only one contact? by Menthix on 01-05-2006 at 02:03 PM

No, MSN by itself can't do that. And i don't think it's possible to make a plugin that does that either. MSN's protocol only allows you to report one status to the server.

RE: Can you be away to only one contact? by algie on 01-06-2006 at 12:36 AM

Thanks anyway...I guess blocking it is!!!

RE: Can you be away to only one contact? by remember_987 on 01-06-2006 at 02:21 AM

i think i heard something about this though but it mite have just been a rumour... any1 know wat i am talkin bout?

edit: ok i guess i am just nuts

RE: Can you be away to only one contact? by qgroessl on 01-06-2006 at 03:45 AM

It wouldn't be a bad feature for MSN to add though :p... There should be an away button for a contact... It would do pretty much the same thing as a block button except you'd be away, and they could talk to you.

RE: RE: Can you be away to only one contact? by Moo on 01-06-2006 at 04:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
It wouldn't be a bad feature for MSN to add though :p... There should be an away button for a contact... It would do pretty much the same thing as a block button except you'd be away, and they could talk to you.

What would be the point in that?
RE: Can you be away to only one contact? by Underlord on 01-06-2006 at 04:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
And the point of such a feature would be...?
It would be extremely unnecessary and will only further bloat an already bloated product.
In WLM one can appear offline but still talk to people. That's more than necessary, as I see it.

Edit: :blah: @ Moo
RE: Can you be away to only one contact? by qgroessl on 01-06-2006 at 04:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
In WLM one can appear offline but still talk to people. That's more than necessary, as I see it.

:p Okay... I guess I didn't find that feature when I was playing around with WLM.... So I guess that works instead!