Shoutbox

how is it possible to build an add on for messenger... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: how is it possible to build an add on for messenger... (/showthread.php?tid=54651)

how is it possible to build an add on for messenger... by iko on 01-05-2006 at 09:51 PM

Hi everybody, it's my first message, i'd like to ask how is it possible to build an add on like this fantastic msgplus! for messenger.
It's related to hooking?? .. and if it's how is possible?

thank you
bye
Federico

RE: how is it possible to build an add on for messenger... by Patchou on 01-06-2006 at 06:18 AM

Hi Federico,

Messenger Plus! is built with various windows hooks. Take a look at the documentation of SetWindowsHookEx() for a start :)

Patchou

RE: how is it possible to build an add on for messenger... by RaceProUK on 01-06-2006 at 02:59 PM

Of course iko, if you want to do something that isn't too complicated, why not try making a Plus! Plugin? ;)

RE: RE: how is it possible to build an add on for messenger... by iko on 01-10-2006 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Of course iko, if you want to do something that isn't too complicated, why not try making a Plus! Plugin? ;)

well, i'd like to build myself a "plus" addon because i'd like to add some features that are not present in this plus.
I have a good background of asm, c/c++, vb, etc and i think (i hope ;) ) that i've this possibilities.
I'd like to have some more specific info about which hook....

thanks
bye
Fede