Shoutbox

My MSN's glitched... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: My MSN's glitched... (/showthread.php?tid=54666)

My MSN's glitched... by DanZie Boy on 01-06-2006 at 11:10 AM

I have a problem with my MSN. See the thing is, I'm signed onto both MSN Messenger AND Windows Messenger? How is this possible?! It's not possible to be signed into both Messengers!

RE: My MSN's glitched... by Mike on 01-06-2006 at 11:21 AM

Actually, the same thing happened yesterday with my brother's account: Because I'm a WLM tester and I have installed it on the laptop, he cant use WLM, so he uses Windows Messenger instead...
So he signed in WM, and he left it open.
Then, because I used the laptop that time, he went to the desktop computer and signed in with MSN Messenger (i havent installed WLM there), and I didnt got signed out from WM!
I could see his contacts online, see his nick changing because he changed it while he was using MSN, but I couldnt talk with any of his contacts, and I wasnt receiving his messages...

Weird :-/

RE: My MSN's glitched... by DanZie Boy on 01-06-2006 at 12:16 PM

Okay here's another glitch. I'm signed on only to MSN Messenger now, but when I send a message to one of my contacts, it says it can't be delivered! Why is this? It's only affecting just the one contact. When I'm on Windows Messenger the message sends fine.

RE: My MSN's glitched... by RaceProUK on 01-06-2006 at 03:05 PM

Server issues maybe?

RE: My MSN's glitched... by DanZie Boy on 01-06-2006 at 04:39 PM

It's been going on for all day, so it can't be a server problem.

RE: My MSN's glitched... by user27089 on 01-06-2006 at 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DanZie Boy
It's been going on for all day, so it can't be a server problem.

Microsoft can have server problems for days on end... It is most probably a server problem, they've been on and off like a lightswitch for a few weeks now, it's getting annoying.
RE: My MSN's glitched... by DanZie Boy on 01-06-2006 at 04:52 PM

If it's a server problem then how come it's only affecting one contact?

RE: My MSN's glitched... by absorbation on 01-06-2006 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DanZie Boy
If it's a server problem then how come it's only affecting one contact?

Different servers in different coutries? :P
RE: My MSN's glitched... by DanZie Boy on 01-06-2006 at 05:10 PM

It can't be! Everyone else is talking to her fine!

RE: My MSN's glitched... by guanako on 01-06-2006 at 07:58 PM

did you tried re-installing msngr? windows messenger uses less resources than MSN, it might also be your internet connection, what are you runnig?

RE: My MSN's glitched... by mwe99 on 01-07-2006 at 01:09 AM

Okay you can't be signed in two messengers with the same passport. The most likely issue is it signed you out of one but due to some technical issues still showed your contact list. (basically taking its time to update that you signed in at another location) this is most likely the cause of the error messages you received.