Shoutbox

explorer problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: explorer problem (/showthread.php?tid=54670)

explorer problem by Exca on 01-06-2006 at 03:43 PM

Hi, this is making me sick:

Everytime I change 3 to 4 filenames, or I copy some files into another folder, the folders close, my startbar disappears and comes back after a second, and then I got to reopen the folders again, start copying again, but he keeps closing my folders8o| after 4 copies :( I've got to copy 500 files into different folders so I really need to solve this...

RE: explorer problem by Mike on 01-06-2006 at 09:46 PM

I dont know about your problem, but why don't you use another file manager like Total Commander? :)

It might solve the explorer.exe crashing issues...

RE: explorer problem by Exca on 01-06-2006 at 11:40 PM

I never had it before so it must be possible with explorer. Don't like plugins... messes up more...

Maybe it's because I unchecked some registration keys with sysinternals autoruns? But that's like 3 months ago...

RE: explorer problem by pollolibredegrasa on 01-07-2006 at 01:08 AM

There isn't a shortcut to the folder you're in, actually IN the folder you're in is there? (I cant really describe it)....

For example, say you're working in C:\whatever - there isn't a shortcut to C:\whatever IN that folder is there? The same problem has happened to me a few times and that is usually the cause. If there is a shortcut in there then just deleting it should help...

Oh and I have no idea how the shotcut got there either :P

RE: explorer problem by Exca on 01-07-2006 at 10:51 AM

Hm, yes I understand, well, both folders have shortcuts...
i'll try to open the folders without using the shortcuts.

tnx