Shoutbox

Problems with sound and display pic and POP3mail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problems with sound and display pic and POP3mail (/showthread.php?tid=54776)

Problems with sound and display pic and POP3mail by D_mgaze on 01-09-2006 at 04:34 AM

HI, this is my first post and I've got 3 problems about Messenger Plus(I'm really an idiot when it touches the computer)

1. Is it possible that I can use the "sound effect" in auto-message? (ie. replying with sound automatically)

2. I've got problems with setting the POP3 MAIL coz I don't know the server name..(I'm using YAHOO MAIL)

3. Can I change the size of my display picture?(I want a big one)

May anyone please help solving the problem that I have?

Thanks a lot!!

RE: Problems with sound and display pic and POP3mail by Sunshine on 01-09-2006 at 01:04 PM

1. Yes, just use the soundcommand in the automessage (plus > preferences > personalised status > status presets).

example:
/sound hello_worms

You can either use soundhash or soundname (/sound <soundhash> or /sound <soundname> ), just remember the command must come first on the line..it won't work if you put words infront of it (on same line)

2. If yahoo does support pop3 (wich i doubt), all the settings you need can be found either in settings or help on your yahoo account.

3. Stuffplug NG has this feature: http://www.stuffplug.com
Note that your contact will need this plugin too if they want to see it bigger if they use MSN 7.0 or up.

RE: Problems with sound and display pic and POP3mail by D_mgaze on 01-13-2006 at 10:05 AM

Well, I think the first two problem have been solved..thank you very much Rafael and Sunshine!

yet the third problem still cannot be solved...

I've downloaded the Stuffplug NG long before I posted the problems actually.. it just couldn't work properly..I've done what I ought to do in order to have a bigger picture, but the size, however, still didn't change (==|||) Is there any problem with me or my computer...??