Shoutbox

adding other email accounts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: adding other email accounts (/showthread.php?tid=54777)

adding other email accounts by Vaidin on 01-09-2006 at 06:02 AM

Hi, I would like to add my other email accounts to msplus but I don't think I understand how to do it, I've tried but it didn't work. 

I enter my email addy, and underneath there is the box that says Server:

I don't know what to put there.  My other accounts are two from hotmail, one from yahoo.ca, and one from telus.net.  I am not sure what to put in the server box, because I tried putting in "www.hotmail.com" or "www.yahoo.ca" and it said it could not connect to those accounts.

Also, I don't understand what the numbers mean that come after the "Server:" box. Do I leave it at 110?  How can I know what numbers to use? The last thing I need help with is that I don't know if I should be checking the last SSL box or not.

Thank you so much for helping me, I'm totally confused!! LOL[color=blue]

RE: adding other email accounts by Moo on 01-09-2006 at 06:18 AM

The fact is that Hotmail and Yahoo are not POP Servers, but MAPI servers. Thus, they cannot be added in the preferences.

RE: adding other email accounts by RaceProUK on 01-10-2006 at 12:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moo
The fact is that Hotmail and Yahoo are not POP Servers, but MAPI servers. Thus, they cannot be added in the preferences.
You can get POP3 access to Hotmail if you pay for the premium service. For Yahoo!, hunt around the forum and the Yahoo! Mail help pages.

And it's IMAP, not MAPI :P
RE: adding other email accounts by Kryptonate on 01-10-2006 at 12:32 PM

There's a way of checking your Hotmail as if it were POP3. You can find all the info here

RE: adding other email accounts by CookieRevised on 01-10-2006 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
There's a way of checking your Hotmail as if it were POP3. You can find all the info here
those methods no longer works (since a long time). The only access that is allowed with 3rd party software is when you have a premium account. The free accounts can't be accessed anymore like that (except some old accounts, which are concidered 'premium' in this context).
RE: adding other email accounts by Vaidin on 01-12-2006 at 02:04 AM

Thanks for all your help everyone, it makes much more sense now!! :)