Shoutbox

tryed renamein - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: tryed renamein (/showthread.php?tid=54799)

tryed renamein by vaiper on 01-09-2006 at 09:56 PM

tryed renamein C:\programfiles\msn messenger to 
C:\programfiles\msn messenger7.5

then tryed installin beta comes up with error code 1601?

wats happeing wrong??

RE: tryed renamein by Destruction on 01-09-2006 at 10:03 PM

beta ? 7.5 is not in beta stages, it is only windows live messenger. I think you may be confused.

Also why have you renamed ? my folder is MSN Messenger. Again i think you are confused and are trying to use the new messenger.

RE: tryed renamein by vaiper on 01-09-2006 at 10:05 PM

no i have to have 7.5 on here so other family members can use it and so i can use WLM , and i cant get install to work for it and cant unistall 7.5 ethier

RE: tryed renamein by Destruction on 01-09-2006 at 10:08 PM

quote:
no i have to have 7.5 on here so other family members can use it and so i can use WLM , and i cant get install to work for it and cant unistall 7.5 ethier

Can you have 7.5 and wlm installed at the same time ? never tried.

Can you not to go control panel>add remove programs and try and remove 7.5 there.

Also are you a beta tester for the wlm? and what problems do you have trying to install it ?
RE: tryed renamein by ShawnZ on 01-09-2006 at 10:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Destruction

Can you not to go control panel>add remove programs and try and remove 7.5 there.

Also are you a beta tester for the wlm? and what problems do you have trying to install it ?

He's trying to get 7.5 and 8.0 installed at the same time obviously...

Vaiper, try uninstalling both, reinstalling 7.5, making SURE its closed, then installing 8.0. If it still doesn't work, copy 7.5 so you have two folders (msn messenger AND msn messenger7.5) containing msn messenger 7.5 at once (so it has something to overwrite if its actually checking for some reason)
RE: tryed renamein by Destruction on 01-09-2006 at 10:16 PM

quote:
He's trying to get 7.5 and 8.0 installed at the same time obviously...

hence this...
quote:

Also he doesn't have wlm installed he says because it wont so he cannot uninstall it if it's not installed...

quote:
i can use WLM , and i cant get install to work for it

then you put...

quote:
Vaiper, try uninstalling both

So i hope that "he is trying to install and use both obviously..." wasn't a dig at me seen as your the one who seems to have misread the situation.
RE: tryed renamein by Sunshine on 01-09-2006 at 10:39 PM

Make sure you install on an account with admin rights. Also very important is to make sure nothing is preventing writing in the registry, AdWatch (part of AdAware SE) is an example of such a program.

Make sure you downloaded WLM from an official Microsoft site ( http://ideas.live.com/ log in on top right).

RE: tryed renamein by ShawnZ on 01-09-2006 at 10:39 PM

quote:
So i hope that "he is trying to install and use both obviously..." wasn't a dig at me seen as your the one who seems to have misread the situation.

bud, just because I said uninstall both, doesn't mean i don't know he doesn't have one installed. who knows, he could have broken entries in add remove programs, or an old installer file.
RE: tryed renamein by Lou on 01-09-2006 at 10:47 PM

quote:
beta ? 7.5 is not in beta stages, it is only windows live messenger. I think you may be confused.

Also why have you renamed ? my folder is MSN Messenger. Again i think you are confused and are trying to use the new messenger.
I think this is where you confused him

----
Pointing out a very obvious thing: Instead of uninstlaling anything, simply close [exit] msn messenger and try and install wlm if msn was not already exited.