Shoutbox

strange... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: strange... (/showthread.php?tid=54818)

strange... by FormulaFreak on 01-10-2006 at 03:39 PM

Today I logged onto WLM8 and a friend asked me why I added him again to my list (he got a notification with my address formulafreak [at] gmail [dot] com)...I was surprised, cuz I didn't add anyone recently. Now the strange thing about this is, that he now had me twice in the list, but one with my correct address (from this notification), and one with formulafreak [at] demon [dot] nl. This incorrect address appeared at the 'old' entry of me in his contact list. Demon is my ISP...Has this happened to anyone else before? How can my nickname be combined with my ISP, resulting in a faulty address?

btw. it seems like every contact of mine has received a new notification with my correct address.

RE: strange... by DJeX on 01-11-2006 at 12:07 AM

My WLM added all my blocked and deleted contacts back on my list :dodgy:

RE: strange... by Voldemort on 01-11-2006 at 01:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty

ya me too ..i had a nice tidy list of about 20 people i keep in touch with then all of a sudden over 100 ppl had me on their list again..even the blocked ones(Smilie)...I reported it tho...

thats because you deleted it from msn, but not hotmail contacts,
wlm adds them too
RE: strange... by surfichris on 01-11-2006 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
thats because you deleted it from msn, but not hotmail contacts,
wlm adds them too
No it's not.

Firstly: I don't have a Hotmail account associated with my passport, so that is impossible.

Secondly: It is a confirmed bug, something to do with the new protocol apparently.
RE: strange... by Voldemort on 01-11-2006 at 02:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Firstly: I don't have a Hotmail account associated with my passport, so that is impossible.

Secondly: It is a confirmed bug, something to do with the new protocol apparently.

:P my mistake, sorry.