Shoutbox

List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) (/showthread.php?tid=54839)

List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by prashker on 01-11-2006 at 04:58 AM

I just need a big list.

*I would like a name of the prog

*A link to that website

*And 1 Good Thing About it (only applies if you have the prog ...eg. It uses only 52kb of memory!!!!1eleven:P)

*Is it free or money needed :P? (not that it matters 8-))

I would just look myself but I have just given up on security. And I don't want to fuck up this formatted computer by installing and uninstalling 40security progs then find out the uninstalation is corruped blah blah blah its bullshit :P

anyways thanks in Advance,
SonicSam

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by YottabyteWizard on 01-11-2006 at 05:18 AM

Antivirus
Nod32 - Must buy, excelent software, very fast and reliable, updates almost all days.
AVG - Free, very good program, reliable too, fast and easy, updates almost all days.
Kasersky - Buy, the best all-in-one program (firewall + antivirus...), easy configuration, very customizable.
Panda - Buy
PcCillin - Buy

AntiSpyware
Spyware Doctor (free): Highly reliable, detects more stuff than adaware.
AdAware (free): Very easy interface and fast, with two clicks buhbye, spyware/adware/malware :D personally use this as a second option/scan.

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by [MR] on 01-11-2006 at 05:21 AM

adaware
lavasoft firewall
spysweeper
symantec corp
webroot products such as window washer etc...
avast antivirus
best one in list trust me>>Xoftspy
mcafee av
spyware doctor
spybot
Pc tools AV
spam moniter 2.5
windows one care center live

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by prashker on 01-11-2006 at 08:54 PM

Thanks for that...if anyone has more please list them :)

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by Destruction on 01-11-2006 at 08:58 PM

here take a long look at this and view some of the reviews, it is the best antivirus review.

http://antivirus-software.6starreviews.com/?Refer...i%20virus%20review

Hope it helps :) The shield pro 2006 comes out on top :o

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by prashker on 01-11-2006 at 09:03 PM

:O I might check out "The Shield Pro 2006". As I never heard of it :S

Thanks Destruction :)

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by QtanJ on 01-11-2006 at 09:14 PM

After what i've heard Avast antivirus is among the best antivirus progs and avg among that progs you should stay away from. In a test avg did allow 59 worms to get through, but avast was one of the best in this test.

The program list below shows which ones stoped every worm.
Avast!
BitDefender
ClamAV
eSafe
eTrust-VET
eTrust-VET (BETA)
F-Secure
F-Secure (BETA)
Kaspersky
McAfee
McAfee (BETA)
Nod32
OneCare
Panda (BETA)
Sophos
Symantec
Symantec (BETA)

Sources: here, here and here

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by ~INVASION~ on 01-12-2006 at 12:51 AM

microsoft antispyware beta, my favourite

http://www.microsft.com/spyware

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by brian on 01-12-2006 at 01:27 AM

To be honest, I run no AV or Firewall neither an antispyware, yet I never got any problems with viruses, never.

TBH, it's all about experience.  You know that you oopening some random file from a random person isn't the best thing to do.

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by prashker on 01-12-2006 at 01:32 AM

Your right nvez...honestly I don't think I really need one. But anyways thanks all of you. If I ever have progs I am sure to try one of the best ones you all suggested :)

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by John Anderton on 01-12-2006 at 01:34 AM

Avast is what im using atm and seems to be pretty good tbh ;)
Well ... for the link .... im sure someone posted it already or you can easily google it ... tis a big software :P

Thegood thing is that they have a free home licence and the protection is pretty good at relatively lower memory ;)

If you want an av with even lower mem usage then go for f-prot but you need to buy that :)

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by YottabyteWizard on 01-12-2006 at 04:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
it isnt free. once its finished scanning you have to pay for it to delete it.
Yes it IS free, you just have to know where to download it from (and it's not illegal, warez, etc.) you can download the program for FREE from the official website, i tell you this because I have downloaded it several times.
RE: RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by Vilkku on 01-12-2006 at 05:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nvez
I run no AV or Firewall

A firewall helps against ohter things than viruses, while a good computer user can avoid getting infected with viruses you can't really do anything against the threaths that a firewall blocks.
RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by ddunk on 01-12-2006 at 05:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
A firewall helps against ohter things than viruses, while a good computer user can avoid getting infected with viruses you can't really do anything against the threaths that a firewall blocks.

[01.11|17.29.17] <&Ddunk> Not having a firewall has nothing to do with not getting viruses from experience, nvez :<
[01.11|17.29.46] <+nvez> well
[01.11|17.29.49] <+nvez> not getting fscked
[01.11|17.29.52] <+nvez> except with krashed
[01.11|17.29.56] <+nvez> its different =p
RE: RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by linx05 on 01-12-2006 at 09:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Destruction
here take a long look at this and view some of the reviews, it is the best antivirus review.

http://antivirus-software.6starreviews.com/?Refer...i%20virus%20review

Hope it helps :) The shield pro 2006 comes out on top :o

I wouldn't go by anything on that site. There are many other more reputable sites out there who give a more thorough, honest review.
RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by Menthix on 01-12-2006 at 12:50 PM

Only the trial is free

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/
Download the latest version of Spyware Doctor and scan your PC for thousands of spyware, adware, and malware threats. Please note the trial version is limited to scan only.

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by [MR] on 01-12-2006 at 12:51 PM

this thread should bbe made a sticky ...so other people dont come in here and ask for the best AV or whatever :D

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by Menthix on 01-12-2006 at 12:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]this thread should bbe made a sticky
Maybe if it was cleaned a bit and every title gets a link to their official site. Like YottabyteWIzard's post.
RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by Supersonicdarky on 01-12-2006 at 01:08 PM

get Pest Patrol, or of the best out there

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by dotNorma on 01-12-2006 at 01:57 PM

Eset's NOD32 is the most effecient antivirus in my opinion. You wouldnt notice you had it had you not been told.

It takes somewhat seven minutes using around 5% CPU to do a full system scan on my computer.

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by Voldemort on 01-15-2006 at 07:45 PM

free.grisoft.com :) grisoft antivirus :P works good for me :D

RE: List As Many Security Progs (Including Antivirus/Antispyware-adaware etc) by Timothy003 on 01-15-2006 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Destruction
http://antivirus-software.6starreviews.com/?Refer=Goog&Keyword=anti%20virus%20review
Notice how the effectiveness is all the same? :\ Be careful.