Shoutbox

I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT (/showthread.php?tid=54879)

I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by Patchou on 01-12-2006 at 07:48 PM

Hello everybody,

I'd like to find a volunteer to help me for something that concerns the next version of Messenger Plus! (Messenger Plus! Live 4.00). I need someone good at making XSLT files (XML Stylesheets) to create a simple parser for one or two schemas I’ll provide. The data in the XML files I want to format is pretty simple, I just really don’t have much time these days to learn how to make something look good with a XSLT so I’d really appreciate if one of you could contact me at mplus@patchou.com about it. Note: your file will be included in the final distribution of the software so it’s not like you’re going to work for nothing ;)

Thank you!
Patchou

PS: sorry if I’m not very much present on the forums these days, I’m still working 24/7 on the new software, making sure you’ll all love the change because yes, it’s really going to be a change :).

RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by Menthix on 01-12-2006 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
working 24/7 on the new software
Get some sleep :p
RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by Chris4 on 01-12-2006 at 08:28 PM

quote:
PS: sorry if I’m not very much present on the forums these days, I’m still working 24/7 on the new software, making sure you’ll all love the change because yes, it’s really going to be a change
Sounds exciting, can't wait :P
RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by Stigmata on 01-12-2006 at 09:17 PM

Bah, i've applied. :)

RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by aNILEator on 01-13-2006 at 10:19 AM

Hey patchou could you confirm if current beta testers will be MP!L testers please?

Seeing as most of us are official WLM Testers now :gfdrin:

RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by CookieRevised on 01-13-2006 at 10:33 AM

I think ChrisTorng is one of those who are expert in XML stylesheets seeing as he is the one who first edited the stylesheet of the messenger logs a few years back (also see old threads)... I've send him a PM to notify him about this thread as he doesn't visit these forums that regulary.

RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by Menthix on 01-13-2006 at 11:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I've send him a PM
Can't you mail him? Not everybody has set "send email on pm" on :).

RE: RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by CookieRevised on 01-13-2006 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I've send him a PM
Can't you mail him? Not everybody has set "send email on pm" on :).
I didn't found an email address, otherwise I would have mailed him also. I'll look further and see if I can find an (recent) email address...

EDIT: I tried some random mails and some mails which I've found on some sources. But don't know if they are valid, recent, or whatever, though.... => not yet recieved an error mail back, so I guess those mails were valid...
RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by Mnjul on 01-13-2006 at 01:36 PM

Cookie: I guess you can try posting a comment on ChrisTorng's Blog...I know it's all Chinese, but that doesn't matter does it :P

Or you can head for his MSN Group...

RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by ChrisTorng on 01-14-2006 at 11:56 AM

I received CookieRevised's mail, and glad to know this message. I don't think I am good at XSLT and the related JavaScript/HTML/CSS/... But it is also strange that no many others write other good messagelog for Messenger. I know a Japenese message log is far better than mine. It is at http://www.ylw.mmtr.or.jp/~seisei/kumaweb.htm , http://www.ylw.mmtr.or.jp/~seisei/logcolor/logcolor32.zip . I think it is far better then mine, by different method. But if there are any thing I can help, I am very glad... But currently I am very busy, so maybe can't spend many time on it. I must mail to that address?

RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by Mnjul on 01-14-2006 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTorng
But currently I am very busy, so maybe can't spend many time on it. I must mail to that address?
Yes...

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou somewhere
yeah.. Patchou has disappeared in its C++ compiler.

So I suggest you mail Patchou directly in case he doesn't have time to check the forums regularly :)
RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by Patchou on 01-15-2006 at 05:40 AM

Thank you for the replies! :)

I've received a couple of applications and selected someone to do the job. I'll inform you if more help is needed (which is highly possible btw, I've got way too much stuff to do).

Have a good day,
Patchou

RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by Dane on 01-15-2006 at 05:50 AM

quote:
Thank you for the replies! :)

I've received a couple of applications and selected someone to do the job. I'll inform you if more help is needed (which is highly possible btw, I've got way too much stuff to do).

Have a good day,
Patchou
No, Thank you, Patching Patchou
RE: I need help for Plus! 4.00 - XSLT by ChrisTorng on 01-16-2006 at 01:57 AM

That seems there are someone been selected to do this job... If I can help, just send me a source xml, and a preferred output html, then I can write the transform xslt. It is simpler than design from the ground with all the UI skin/Javascript... Because I had implemented my messagelog, besides current features, I have some other improvement ideas:

1. Faster and powerful transform by client script (not transform by xslt, it is slow and limited).
2. Display custom emoticons and plus! custom color/font styles, and ink message.
3. Save as HTML/MHT file for backup/send messagelog to others.
4. Can freely add and select other skins/transforms. Let others write their own xslt and easily to add into Plus log style.
5. Custom colors like Windows Live Messenger.
6. Modify or delete each single message.
7. Easy navigation to each sessions.
8. Compatible with original Windows Live Messenger's messagelog xml. That means Plus log should use currently WLM's xml schema, plus some other new tags. If it is viewed by WLM log xslt, it can show the basic UI, if it is viewed by Plus log xslt, then it can show all full content. Reversly, Plus xslt can be used to view WLM's xml, with a basic content, but with full features.