Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live invites? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live invites? (/showthread.php?tid=54898)

Messenger Plus! Live invites? by jannar85 on 01-13-2006 at 09:07 AM

Hello.
Is there any way to get in to the closed beta?
I've got Messenger Live, but I SO miss Msg Plus, that this prevents me from using Messenger Live on my laptop, which I usually sit, which is sad.

I can't live without Msg Plus on Messenger Live:(
Please help, P?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live invites? by Dempsey on 01-13-2006 at 09:12 AM

There isn't a way no,  Patchou will only use a small group of people who he knows and trusts. 

I'm afraid you will just have to wait until the public release :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live invites? by jannar85 on 01-13-2006 at 09:19 AM

Alright. Is there any tools available for Windows Live Messenger that logs the conversations the same way as Msg Plus then?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live invites? by Dempsey on 01-13-2006 at 09:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jannar85
Alright. Is there any tools available for Windows Live Messenger that logs the conversations the same way as Msg Plus then?
I don't think there are currently any addons/tools for WLM that I know of, but I may be wrong.

You can use the built in WLM logging and as it is in XML and uses XSL stysheets, you *may* be able to change the format to look similar to that of Messenger Plus! chat logs.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live invites? by jannar85 on 01-13-2006 at 09:26 AM

I hate the XML logs :( So.... Messy :p

RE: Messenger Plus! Live invites? by aNILEator on 01-13-2006 at 10:20 AM

none of the addons for WLM work for me so far, like YLC some tabbed chat app didn't work at all :P

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live invites? by CookieRevised on 01-13-2006 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jannar85
I hate the XML logs :( So.... Messy :p
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
You can use the built in WLM logging and as it is in XML and uses XSL stysheets, you *may* be are able to change the format to look similar to that of Messenger Plus! chat logs.

For that see "CookieRevised's reply to convert xml logs to txt plus-like logs"

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live invites? by Dody on 01-13-2006 at 02:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
none of the addons for WLM work for me so far, like YLC some tabbed chat app didn't work at all :P

you may need to dowload the last BETA 6, and you have to run at least 2 IM, and it only support english and no UNICODE at the moment : )
RE: Messenger Plus! Live invites? by Timothy003 on 01-14-2006 at 06:47 PM

You could just run Messenger 7.5 along with 8.0 with two accounts. Not that hard.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live invites? by jannar85 on 01-14-2006 at 07:22 PM

How can I do that?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live invites? by Timothy003 on 01-14-2006 at 07:32 PM

Ok, first you install MSN Messenger 7.5 with Messenger Plus!. Next, go to C:\Program Files\ and copy the folder "MSN Messenger" to your desktop. Then, install Windows Live Messenger. Finally, run MSN Messenger 7.5 from the MSN Messenger folder on your desktop (double-click on msnmsgr.exe) followed by running Windows Live Messenger. Log in on each of them with separate accounts.