Shoutbox

Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus (/showthread.php?tid=54928)

Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by JoeyJ on 01-14-2006 at 02:55 PM

Hi,
messenger plus has the posibility to add 5 other e-mail accounts,
but how can I add another hotmail account?
I filled in:

e-mail Adress: ...@hotmail.com
Server: Hotmail :110
Login: ...@hotmail.com
PW: my password

But it doesnt work. Whats my mistake?

RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by Menthix on 01-14-2006 at 03:06 PM

Hotmail doesn't support POP3 (unless you pay for a prenium account). So this isn't possible, sorry. Plus! can only check email accounts that support POP3.

RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by JoeyJ on 01-14-2006 at 04:58 PM

Ok and if I want to add a pop3 account what do I have to put in Server?

RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by Millenium_edition on 01-14-2006 at 05:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoeyJ
Ok and if I want to add a pop3 account what do I have to put in Server?
... the pop3 server associated to the account you want to check. ask your e-mail provider if you don't know it (don't forget to ask the username and password)
RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by mfragola on 01-26-2006 at 07:39 PM

try using pop.ISPNAME.com.COUNTRY or pop.mail.ISPNAME.COUNTRY

where ISPNAME is the name of your ISP (:P) (generally after the ..@) and country is your country's suffix (suck as .uk)

hope this helps

RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by Voldemort on 01-26-2006 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mfragola
where ISPNAME is the name of your ISP ((Smilie)) (generally after the ..@) and country is your country's suffix (suck as .uk)

hope this helps

but thats just if you want to use your ISP's mail account.

RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by mfragola on 01-26-2006 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
quote:
Originally posted by mfragola
where ISPNAME is the name of your ISP ((Smilie)) (generally after the ..@) and country is your country's suffix (suck as .uk)

hope this helps

but thats just if you want to use your ISP's mail account.

well yes you're right, that can also work with your "mail provider name" in the ISPNAME field
use pop.mail.yahoo.com as an example
RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by Menthix on 01-26-2006 at 08:52 PM

The question was about Hotmail. It won't work for Hotmail, doesn't matter what you fill in. As i said before: Hotmail doesn't support POP3 (unless you pay for a prenium account).

RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by Lou on 01-26-2006 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
The question was about Hotmail. It won't work for Hotmail, doesn't matter what you fill in. As i said before: Hotmail doesn't support POP3 (unless you pay for a prenium account).
I used to use pop3 with hotmail without a premium account. You have to use the same link you usually use to check your email. My mom uses this method. You login to your hotmail on the web, and go to your inbox. The link at the top is the pop3 server:) Hope this works for you. Worked for my mom before.
RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by lrac522 on 01-26-2006 at 09:35 PM

Sorry but it won't work with an hotmail and yahoo accounts, you will get away with a yahoo.co.uk account with pop server pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Other accounts such as hotmail.com, hotmail.co.uk, yahoo.com I think is not possible unless you are a premium member.

RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by Plik on 01-26-2006 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I used to use pop3 with hotmail without a premium account. You have to use the same link you usually use to check your email. My mom uses this method. You login to your hotmail on the web, and go to your inbox. The link at the top is the pop3 server:) Hope this works for you. Worked for my mom before.
You used to be able to access hotmail with pop3, but the removed this feature on free accounts a while ago.
RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by Supersonicdarky on 01-26-2006 at 09:44 PM

there are some programs which allow you to use pop3 for hotmail, i've used one before and it worked. i forget the names

RE: Add e-mail accounts on messenger plus by Zephyr on 01-26-2006 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
there are some programs which allow you to use pop3 for hotmail, i've used one before and it worked. i forget the names

There did used to be programs such as the one described by here in Tochjo's reply to POP3 E-mail thing, but none of these programs work anymore. The only way is by having a premium account.