Shoutbox

Chat box - Customize it ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Chat box - Customize it ? (/showthread.php?tid=54931)

Chat box - Customize it ? by Bettens on 01-14-2006 at 04:24 PM

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to customize display in the chat box.
For example, I'd like to remove (in French) "dit:"("says:") after the contact name.

I also would like to remove the line between the contact name and the message.

Jo says:
    Hi mate

Becomes :

Jo: Hi mate

Doest it exist a plugin for that ?

Thanks

RE: Chat box - Customize it ? by RaceProUK on 01-15-2006 at 12:01 AM

There isn't a plugin, but it may be possible to apply a patch to msgslang.dll to change the necessary strings.

RE: Chat box - Customize it ? by CookieRevised on 01-15-2006 at 01:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bettens
I'd like to remove (in French) "dit:" ("says:") after the contact name.
see CookieRevised's reply to "How to get rid of 'SAYS' from msn nickname?" and read everything in that post very carefully.

quote:
Originally posted by Bettens
I also would like to remove the line between the contact name and the message.
Not possible...

And if there was a way to do it, it will most likely mess things up and render many plugins and addons useless (which depend on the exact and normal layout of messages in your conversation window).

RE: Chat box - Customize it ? by Silxx on 01-16-2006 at 11:58 AM

Sorry to hijack the thread but since you are on the topic of customising the chatbox it seemed appropriate. Is there a way of changing the font of the "Says:" and your/their contact names when you speak? the default font for the box is really rubbish, would prefer tahoma or another font like that!

RE: Chat box - Customize it ? by RaceProUK on 01-16-2006 at 12:26 PM

It is possible I'm sure: you just need to know which resource to edit to change the font.

RE: RE: Chat box - Customize it ? by CookieRevised on 01-17-2006 at 03:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Silxx
Sorry to hijack the thread but since you are on the topic of customising the chatbox it seemed appropriate. Is there a way of changing the font of the "Says:" and your/their contact names when you speak? the default font for the box is really rubbish, would prefer tahoma or another font like that!
That is not really on topic though, (especially since this is a basic feature/setting in Messenger and Messenger Plus!) ;)

Anyways,

1) Make their font look like yours:
     Plus! > Preferences > Instant Messages > General Options > Override text format by default
2) Setup your font and colors:
     Tools > Options > Messages > Change Font

EDIT: Sorry, misread your question... Raceprouk is correct... what I said is for the actual text, not for the nickname.
RE: Chat box - Customize it ? by RaceProUK on 01-17-2006 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
1) Make their font look like yours:
     Plus! > Preferences > Instant Messages > General Options > Override text format by default
2) Setup your font and colors:
     Tools > Options > Messages > Change Font
That won't change the font of the 'Blah blah says:' bit. For that, you'd have to change one of the strings in msgslang.dll (I think).