Shoutbox

making messages for sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: making messages for sounds (/showthread.php?tid=54932)

making messages for sounds by zovak on 01-14-2006 at 04:33 PM

Hi, I wonder if you could help...

I was having a convo with some friends with messenger plus, and I thought 'wouldn't it be cool if i could make my sound clips have messages like the built-in sounds?'- like instead of the name of the soundclip being shown you could have a message instead like the 'muahahaha!' and 'hello!'- is there any way you can do this to custom sounds?  If so I'd really like to know how!

RE: making messages for sounds by Stigmata on 01-14-2006 at 07:33 PM

Sorry this is not possible due to the way the sounds are sent/recieved.

RE: making messages for sounds by CookieRevised on 01-15-2006 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zovak
Hi, I wonder if you could help...

I was having a convo with some friends with messenger plus, and I thought 'wouldn't it be cool if i could make my sound clips have messages like the built-in sounds?'- like instead of the name of the soundclip being shown you could have a message instead like the 'muahahaha!' and 'hello!'- is there any way you can do this to custom sounds?  If so I'd really like to know how!

If you mean by "sound clips" the custom sounds you can make in Messenger Plus! then, as Stigmata already said, it is impossible to do it exactly like the build-in Messenger Plus! sounds.

However you can create your own quick text which will show a text and play a sound. Though, you will always still see the custom sound commands in the conversation window.

See: CookieRevised's reply to Integrated Sound Creator ?
and/or: CookieRevised's reply to Link Custom sound to Word???