Shoutbox

could you teach me web-design - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: could you teach me web-design (/showthread.php?tid=54952)

could you teach me web-design by DJKAL on 01-15-2006 at 01:26 AM

i would love to learn to design web sites and create them and learn much of the basics for now
buti cant sit and read tutorials as they get me really depressed and make my eyes burn etc....
so i was wondering if some one could teach me to create web sites?

hope some one can
would be very appreciative!

RE: could you teach me web-design by Hank on 01-15-2006 at 01:32 AM

have you tried starting with easy sites by using geocities an anglefire for a start? .

RE: could you teach me web-design by DJKAL on 01-15-2006 at 01:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
have you tried starting with easy sites by using geocities an aglefire for a start? .
8-) this is the other reason, i dont understand what some of these things are :$
it doesnt take me long to learn anything as long as it is explained and tutorials take for granted that you know it all already.
RE: could you teach me web-design by zach on 01-15-2006 at 01:37 AM

That's alot for someone to teach you. I'm in the same situation as you. I have webspace (Thank's traxor [Image: msn_wink.gif]) and I have a template from oswd.org. I have uploaded the template and it is half working [Image: msn_tongue.gif] (http://www.zach.skarz.co.uk/). I think I need to learn a bit more before I actually start though.

RE: could you teach me web-design by CookieRevised on 01-15-2006 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
i would love to learn to design web sites and create them and learn much of the basics for now
buti cant sit and read tutorials as they get me really depressed and make my eyes burn etc....
so i was wondering if some one could teach me to create web sites?
In all honesty, if you aren't able to read tutorials, then how are you going to be able to read pages and pages of posts in a thread explaning you all those things?

(because it will require many pages of posts to explain how to make websites; hence why you should read tutorials instead; that's why they are there for and they will do a far better job than all the possible explanations in a thread though.)

Anyways, as Animal has suggested, if you only want the trial-and-error-method start by making some webpages with templates like the ones on GeoCities and other free hosting sites. When you're done, look at the source of the page and learn from it.

Also looking at the sources of whatever page you encounter (eg: this forum) is a good way in learning it (the hard way). Download some pages and store them offline (aka on your computer), then edit the source and stuff and open the local edited files again in your browser... etc...

Other than that, I still really really recommend reading some tutorials though. And if that really is a problem, then go to your local library and rent a book about webpage design (they bound to have several books about that).
RE: could you teach me web-design by Timothy003 on 01-15-2006 at 02:24 AM

Or if you get dizziness from looking at the monitor, go to the library and print it out. ;)

RE: could you teach me web-design by D:Frag on 01-16-2006 at 09:33 AM

Go to school, get some web design classes :)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
In all honesty, if you aren't able to read tutorials, then how are you going to be able to read pages and pages of posts in a thread explaning you all those things?
And how will you (DJKAL) be able to stand hours in front of your monitor creating your web site? :p
RE: RE: could you teach me web-design by DJKAL on 01-16-2006 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D:Frag
Go to school, get some web design classes :)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
And how will you (DJKAL) be able to stand hours in front of your monitor creating your web site? :p

no classes at school

i was hoping through msn, in short paragraphs

im always on my PC, just i cant read ESSAYS by some site that use words i cant undersstand, and give you links to endless sites meaning you get more and more confused, i need a basic tutorial through an MSN conversation and using simple language.
RE: could you teach me web-design by Sunshine on 01-16-2006 at 02:10 PM

W3Schools, tutorials and:
Try-It-Yourself On-Line Examples
At W3schools you will find thousands of cut-and-paste examples.
With our on-line HTML editor you can edit the examples and experiment with the code on-line.

F.e. start with html tutorials and experiment with html examples

RE: could you teach me web-design by Vilkku on 01-16-2006 at 02:11 PM

This should be what you are looking for.

RE: could you teach me web-design by DJKAL on 01-16-2006 at 06:34 PM

ok, afetr following on from a link i found on the site that Vilkku poseted i found "BLUEVONDA" this has online tutorials in a video format which are easy to follow, i hope this is easy to use, does anyone know of FREE ways to learn how to create banners and my own images much like that of some of the users here, again - Vilkku being an example.

RE: could you teach me web-design by ayjay on 01-17-2006 at 09:06 PM

Yes, the same way everyone else manages - tutorials and trial and error. You learn a lot more by experimenting with features in Photoshop etc than by someone teaching you :P

RE: could you teach me web-design by stoshrocket on 01-17-2006 at 09:55 PM

If you add me to MSN (pm me) then i would be more than happy to explain if you have problems or dont understand any html or css. Also, the very best way for banners and pics is as ajd said, trial and error. Just mess around, keep at it and use alot of the toold you have; soon you'll find a few nice tools you can quickly use to create a nice graphic (eg~ my new avatar and banner took 10 mins in total using a paintbrush and the blur tool, lol)