Shoutbox

Could any tower case fit any tower? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Could any tower case fit any tower? (/showthread.php?tid=54973)

Could any tower case fit any tower? by Dj.SytruS on 01-15-2006 at 08:03 PM

Like lets say.. a Mid Tower 9968 KL Computer Game Case, would that fit a Dell Dimension 1100?

RE: Could any tower case fit any tower? by Chris4 on 01-15-2006 at 08:14 PM

Not all towers are the exact same size, so you'd have to get the measurements for the case and measure your tower if you was considering getting a case.

That's one mad computer case, lol.

The measurements for the case is: 430 x 200 x 430
Can't find the measurements for Dell Dimension 1100

RE: Could any tower case fit any tower? by Dj.SytruS on 01-15-2006 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Not all towers are the exact same size, so you'd have to get the measurements for the case and measure your tower if you was considering getting a case.
Alright... well i dont have the computer yet.. but i dont know.. yeah, i'll mesure it if i get it, and then try to get a cool case.
RE: Could any tower case fit any tower? by Menthix on 01-15-2006 at 09:06 PM

Uhm, i don't assome you want to put the actual tower into another tower? But just the hardware that is in your Dell Dimension 1100 right? :p

It's a form factor you need to look at, and if there are enough drive bays to fit all the HD/floppy/CD/whatever drives in.

According to the specification here if found with google, the 9968 KL tower has:
- 4*  5.25 drive bays (CDROM and everything else that has that size)
- 3* external 3.5" drive bays (Floppydrive)
- 5* internal 3.5" drive bays (Harddisks)
- Motherboard Form Factor A/B/C/M (P4 ready)

The drive bays shouldn't be a problem i guess, more then most Dell PCs have. It supports ATX motherboards, but i'm not really sure what the A/B/C/M means. But because it says P4Ready and the size of the tower itself it will most likely support a fullsize ATX board. So i don't see any problem as long as the Dell has a ATX sized motherboard.

RE: Could any tower case fit any tower? by rav0 on 01-16-2006 at 02:57 AM

Dell uses their own wierd form factors. I wouldn't expect much success trying to move the guts of a Dell into another case.

I'm with MenthiX though, your post makes it sound like you want to put the computer that you get from dell straight into the case you buy.

The computer you get delivered is already in a case, if you could put it in some sort of storage unit (if it was well ventilated enough), but the 9968 KL is an actual PC case, like the the Dell unit will be. A case like a 9968 KL is what you install a motherboard, PSU and other components into, not one which you put a whole built ready to go computer.

RE: Could any tower case fit any tower? by ShawnZ on 01-16-2006 at 03:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Dell uses their own wierd form factors. I wouldn't expect much success trying to move the guts of a Dell into another case.

If you have some time, and the case comes with a frame, you could just re-mount the entire thing, which wouldn't be too hard but it would take some time...