Shoutbox

Sorting & appearance by email - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sorting & appearance by email (/showthread.php?tid=54988)

Sorting & appearance by email by formsoldier on 01-16-2006 at 01:17 PM

Hi there.

Before my latest re-format I always had my Messenger Plus! setup to show all my contacts by email-adress and also sorting them by their emails. Of course I exported and backuped my settings before formatting my hdd. And I can now import them smoothly, however, the emailsorting doesn't seem to respond and whenever I make sure to see if it's set up allright, it has gotten changed back to "by name" ... quite annoying.

Can I fix this? I'm running msn 7.5 + messenger plus latest version.

RE: Sorting & appearance by email by Sunshine on 01-16-2006 at 01:54 PM

Either repair MSNM (i think something is wrong there when it won't keep your settings) and/or make sure you exit MSN before shutting down your computer.

RE: Sorting & appearance by email by formsoldier on 01-16-2006 at 03:19 PM

Could it be because of my msnm 7.5? I just realized that way back, I had 7.0 installed when installing msgplus .. and later on, when msgplus was already installed, then i upgraded msnm from 7.0 to 7.5. I'm gonna try and degrade to msn 7.0 first ... if i can find the download for the older versions....

cheers.

RE: Sorting & appearance by email by DJKAL on 01-16-2006 at 04:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
make sure you exit MSN before shutting down your computer.
sign out before doing this, just exiting without signing out is often the cause of un-saved changes, dont think you need to exit it then, aslong as you sign out :)