Shoutbox

Why isn't there a "group by status" option? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Why isn't there a "group by status" option? (/showthread.php?tid=55011)

Why isn't there a "group by status" option? by panos_sniper on 01-17-2006 at 01:59 PM

I wonder why there is no group by status option that would enable a user to have only the "Online" friends expanded and the "Away","Busy" etc into their own groups, collapsed...

RE: Why isn't there a "group by status" option? by M73A on 01-17-2006 at 03:45 PM

it would be a good idea... but i like the idea of grouping them as what they are to me instead of their status :)

not to sure why it wasnt made actually*-) just like the online/offline groups but with the other statuses..

RE: Why isn't there a "group by status" option? by DJKAL on 01-17-2006 at 06:41 PM

this IS avaliable with WLM, with a small change.
with WLM you can group by status, and it is by STATUS!
it has the 2 standard groups: "ONLINE" and "OFFLINE"
but when your online contacts are set as "AWAY" "BRB" "BUSY" "ETC" they drop to the bottom of the "ONLINE" list, in an order - i still havent worked it out:P {never tried to!} but they are grouped by "BRB" then "AWAY" or in another order - not sure - though still under "ONLINE"
hope this has cleared things up for you :)

RE: Why isn't there a "group by status" option? by RaceProUK on 01-17-2006 at 08:38 PM

Why not make a suggestion to the WLM team to add headings for each status?

RE: Why isn't there a "group by status" option? by DJKAL on 01-17-2006 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk

i dont think they would add it, it would make things too difficult, they have the different colours for other status and i think they'll just leave it at that.
RE: Why isn't there a "group by status" option? by stoshrocket on 01-17-2006 at 09:57 PM

post it in the plug-ins request; i think this would be a very cool idea: i would certainly use it :D

RE: Why isn't there a "group by status" option? by Timothy003 on 01-17-2006 at 10:20 PM

In WLM it's a little difficult to tell the status of your contacts if you have a small window...

RE: Why isn't there a "group by status" option? by RaceProUK on 01-18-2006 at 12:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk

i dont think they would add it, it would make things too difficult, they have the different colours for other status and i think they'll just leave it at that.
It wouldn't make things difficult at all. They already separate online and offline, why not away, busy, etc?
RE: Why isn't there a "group by status" option? by albert on 01-18-2006 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
i think they'll just leave it at that.

Actully, it was mentionned in the beta tester chat that they are thinking about bringing back the old thing. I got to admit this is kind of bothering. I mean, lot of ppl online put busy or away just because they don't really want to have 60 convos opened. I would still prefer to have this shown by alphabetical order..

The best thing would probably to have a setting to choose how to display them.. :)