Shoutbox

..Windows Messenger.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: ..Windows Messenger.. (/showthread.php?tid=55041)

..Windows Messenger.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 04:11 PM

my windows messenger does not work and does not let me sign into it..
when i do a message comes up saying...
we are unable to sign you into .net messenger service,posssibly because of a problem with your internet connection.Please make sure you are connected to the internet.

I then pressed help and it says that all .net messenger services are running well. and i am connected to the internet.

do you know what else i could do?

RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by Anubis on 01-18-2006 at 04:23 PM

When you go to internet explorer and click file does it have a tick next to "work offline"? If so untick it.

Upgrade to the latest version of Windows Messenger, if you are not already using it, Click Here to download Windows Messenger 5.1

Does this problem also happen with MSN Messenger, or just Windows Messenger (try MSN Messenger if you haven't already to see if the problem is actually caused by Windows Messenger).

If you are using a firewall, make sure it allows Windows Messenger full access to the internet. Also that you are using the latest version of the firewall.

Are you using a proxy to connect to the internet?

RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 04:24 PM

i have and that also does not work
a message saying the ordinal 31 could not be located in the dynamic link library msidcrl.dll.

it was fine yesterday when i had msn 7.0..and then a message saying there is a new version of msn available

i then downloaded this and since then my msn has not been working

RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by Anubis on 01-18-2006 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ..BaBiLicOus..
a message saying the ordinal 31 could not be located in the dynamic link library msidcrl.dll.
Click My Computer on your desktop, then click C:\ then Program Files, then find and double click MSN Messenger (if you do not find it, download and install MSN Messenger by clicking here.

Then download this file;
Click Here to Download the file
(you will need either Windows XP or WinZip to open this file). Once you open it paste msidcrl.dll into the directory you searched for earlier (C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger).
RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 04:31 PM

i tried downloading msn 6.2 and that does not work
says i have a newer version on my computer.

RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by Anubis on 01-18-2006 at 04:33 PM

quote:
i tried downloading msn 6.2 and that does not work
says i have a newer version on my computer.
In order to install MSN Messenger 6.2 you must first uninstall MSN Messenger from Start > Control Panel > Add\Remove Programs > MSN Messenger > Change\Remove and follow the uninstaller.

However please do not try this until you have already tried all the other help ideas I have posted in this thread
RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 04:37 PM

i have done what you told me to up to where you have to download the next file..
when i try this a message appears saying..
Link Expired
The download link of msidcrl.dll has expired. Please go back and reload the page. A new link will be generated and you will be able to download the file.
If you're having major problems downloading the file even after reloading the previous page (step 3 of 3), please contact us using the form at http://www.dll-files.com/contact.php !
Thank you in advance!

what should i do now?

RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by Anubis on 01-18-2006 at 04:57 PM

quote:
what should i do now?
Go to http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msidcrl
And click "Click here to go to the download of msidcrl.dll" (if nothing happens make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker enabled) and click "Download msidcrl.dll". Then Download the file that way. Then follow my advice from just after I told you to download the file, using the flawed method.
RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 05:01 PM

Once you open it paste msidcrl.dll into the directory you searched for earlier (C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger).

i dont understand what u mean by this..
as i didnt search for anything earlier..

RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 05:23 PM

if anyone knows what anubis means please help me out..i would be sooooo grateful :D

RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by Anubis on 01-18-2006 at 06:31 PM

quote:
as i didnt search for anything earlier..
Remember when you did this.
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Click My Computer on your desktop, then click C:\ then Program Files, then find and double click MSN Messenger
That's what I meant. Paste the file there.
RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 07:05 PM

yes i have done this.
and the message still appears

RE: ..Windows Messenger.. by CookieRevised on 01-18-2006 at 07:17 PM

..BaBiLicOus..:

Do not make multiple threads about the same subject. The fact that you did, made you and others even more confussed than you already was.

Also, always describe problems in as much detail as possible.

So, please disregard everything which is said in this thread as all the stuff said makes you only more confussed and isn't a solution to your problems. In fact it will make things worse because you don't know what you're doing (no pun intended and nothing to worry about, it is just that those who help you, need to be extra clear in what and how they say things and don't rush into solutions just like that).

Anubis:

Before giving 'solutions', always make absolutely sure you understand the problem completely, especially when people post several threads at the same time about the same thing but with different descriptions. And especially when the people are not so computer-literated (no pun intended, BaBiLicOus).

While you were answering her questions in this thread, you also were answering her questions from that other thread. So you should have noticed from that that there is something not correct in her descriptions or that she doesn't understand herself what she actually is doing or the differences between downloading / installing, MSN Messenger / Windows Messenger and Messenger / MsgPlus!...

-------

So I suggest to completely close this thread and drop this all together and continue in Downloading Messenger Plus.. to avoid any more confussion...

;)