Shoutbox

Downloading Messenger Plus.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Downloading Messenger Plus.. (/showthread.php?tid=55042)

Downloading Messenger Plus.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 04:18 PM

when i do this a message saying the ordinal 31 could not be located in the dynamic link library msidcrl.dll.

does anyone have a solution to this?
please reply back..

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by Anubis on 01-18-2006 at 04:27 PM

Click My Computer on your desktop, then click C:\ then Program Files, then find and double click MSN Messenger (if you do not find it, download and install MSN Messenger by clicking here.

Then download this file;
Click Here to Download the file
(you will need either Windows XP or WinZip to open this file). Once you open it paste msidcrl.dll into the directory you searched for earlier (C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger).

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 04:44 PM

i have tried this but the second link you gave me has expired

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by Anubis on 01-18-2006 at 04:59 PM

Go to http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msidcrl
And click "Click here to go to the download of msidcrl.dll" (if nothing happens make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker enabled) and click "Download msidcrl.dll". Then Download the file that way. Then follow my advice from just after I told you to download the file, using the flawed method.

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 05:09 PM

i have done this
but do not understand your last part of the method

i do not understand where i should copy and paste msidcrl.dll to

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by CookieRevised on 01-18-2006 at 06:00 PM

before trying to fix this, can you be more clear in the description of when this happens?

Because, if I read your current post, you get the error when you try to download Messenger Plus!? Correct?

If so, then this is not normal at all and following the above advise will maybe solve the problem, but the cause of this is, to say the least, very very strange and should not happen at all. Downloading a file from the internet does not require stuff which could trigger such an error.

So, either you have a virus or other background program running which tries to do dodgy stuff, or either you described the problem totally wrong.

Thus, give as much as possible details as when this error happens exactly. And remember, downloading is not saving the file and it is also not installing the program, those are three different things...

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 06:15 PM

well yesterday i downloaded and installed msn 7.5 from the msn site.
since then it would not let me sign in and everytime i would type in my password and pressed sign in it would get deleted.

so using the add and remove service i deleted 7.5 and tried downloading Messenger Plus, but from then a message saying the ordinal 31 could not be located in the dynamic link library msidcrl.dll.

i have done what the advice above has told me to, but i still do not understand what Once you open it paste msidcrl.dll into the directory you searched for earlier (C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger) means..

hope this is more helpful..
reply bk please

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by Plik on 01-18-2006 at 06:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ..BaBiLicOus..
so using the add and remove service i deleted 7.5 and tried downloading Messenger Plus
Messenger plus is not an alternative to messenger, it's an addon that requires messenger to run.

Also when do you get this message? When you try to download plus or when you try to install it.
RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 07:07 PM

i installed and downloaded it and then i opened up messenger and the message appeared

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by CookieRevised on 01-18-2006 at 07:23 PM

quote:
i installed and downloaded it and then i opened up messenger and the message appeared
But I thought you said you uninstalled msn messenger 7.5....

And reading that other thread makes me also believe you have Windows Messenger?

So,

1) What messenger programs do you have installed at the moment? Be as clear as possible and give the full proper names (eg: Windows Messenger 5.x, MSN Messenger 7.x, etc...)

2) What messenger program do you actually want to use? (again, give the proper complete name of the messenger program)

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 07:40 PM

yesterday i downloaded msn 7.5..before having 7.0

and then the message appeared
i also want my windows messenger to work..

so altogether windows messenger and msn 7.5

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by CookieRevised on 01-18-2006 at 07:54 PM

Downloading is not the same as installing!

Be very clear in what you downloaded and what you installed.

Downloading is getting something from the internet.

Installing is running the file you have downloaded, so that it adds another program to your computer which you can use.

quote:
yesterday i downloaded msn 7.5..before having 7.0
1) You had MSN Messenger (please use complete names!) version 7.0 installed and it worked perfectly? correct (yes/no)?

2) What other programs (related to messenger) did you have at the time you were using MSN Messenger 7.0?

3) You downloaded MSN Messenger 7.5... Did you install it (yes/no)?

And if you installed MSN Messenger 7.5:  4) did you install anything else before or after? And if so, exactly what and in what order?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

5) List everything (yep, absolutely everything) which you downloaded and/or installed lately in regards to messenger programs and other messenger tools. As detailed as possible. And if possible in the correct order. Also remember that downloading is not the same as installing.

-----

EDIT: Oh, and if I may give you one big advice, after reading several posts of yours on this forum: do not download and install everything you think is a new or other version of messenger!!! Before you even download anything, make absolutely certain you fully understand what the program will do. There are no other messenger programs to chat with on the Microsoft network than Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger, anything else are special addons.

Addons are tools which need either MSN Messenger or either Windows Messenger to run. Addons only add special functions and stuff and are not chat programs. Mostlikely (and at the moment) you do not need such addons as they will only cause you more troubles and what not.

Also, download and installing anything you think is another version of Messenger can get you in deep trouble. Not all programs are "safe to use" and many programs alter things on your computer (or in Messenger) in order to work properly.
RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 08:50 PM

1. i had msn messenger 7.0
2. i then downloaded and installed msn messenger 7.5
3. No i did not install anything else before msn messenger 7.5

4. When this failed to work I switched off my computer and this morning I installed/downloaded Messenger Plus.

The error message I am recieving is the ordinal 31 could not be located in the dynamic link library msidcrl.dll

I have done what Anubis told me about downloading the link provided to do with dll.

Please help as soon as possible.

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by ..BaBiLicOus.. on 01-18-2006 at 08:52 PM

a message was constantly coming up on my msn saying there was a new msn available so I clicked this.
When i downloaded/installed msn 7.5 on the msn page it would not let me sign in. When i tried to type in my password and press sign in the password would get deleted from the box provided.

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by Hank on 01-18-2006 at 10:03 PM

if im correct these days you have to Pay for .dll files you download from sittes

RE: Downloading Messenger Plus.. by ShawnZ on 01-18-2006 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Go to http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msidcrl
And click "Click here to go to the download of msidcrl.dll" (if nothing happens make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker enabled) and click "Download msidcrl.dll". Then Download the file that way. Then follow my advice from just after I told you to download the file, using the flawed method.

You should put it in %SystemRoot%System32, not the program directory...