Shoutbox

BEST website builder - designer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: BEST website builder - designer (/showthread.php?tid=55067)

BEST website builder - designer by DJKAL on 01-19-2006 at 07:55 AM

hi
i need good software to design a website, it must be easy to use and have many great functions (like media player hosting ability etc...)
i have hosting (THANKS LOU-HABS!!!!!:d) and just need todesign a website, as i was using "bluevoda" until i found out i needed a bluevoda hosting account :@
thanks for all help - please post a link to :)

RE: BEST website builder - designer by user27089 on 01-19-2006 at 08:01 AM

I think what you should get is DreamWeaver, that's only if you don't want to learn how to design a website properly and just point and click to create it. You can download the trial version from www.macromedia.com.

I wouldn't recommend using WYSIWYG software though, as it doesn't make you any better at web design, you should really learn to write websites in notepad.

RE: BEST website builder - designer by DJKAL on 01-19-2006 at 08:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
think what you should get is DreamWeaver,

thanks - il try it :D
quote:
that's only if you don't want to learn how to design a website properly
i do - just cant  :sad:
quote:
just point and click to create it.
i can do that ;)
quote:
you should really learn to write websites in notepad.
i wish! dont think i'll be able to do that for a long time though :$

RE: BEST website builder - designer by user27089 on 01-19-2006 at 08:11 AM

Learning to design a website is easier than it looks, it's just got a very simple structure, then lots of different tags in between that are easy as hell to remember, send me a pm, and I'll help you with it.

RE: BEST website builder - designer by -dt- on 01-19-2006 at 11:28 AM

quote:
I think what you should get is DreamWeaver, that's only if you don't want to learn how to design a website properly and just point and click to create it. You can download the trial version from www.macromedia.com.
you could also use nvu which is free and very good.
http://www.nvu.com/
RE: BEST website builder - designer by absorbation on 01-19-2006 at 04:21 PM

I highly recommend you do not take this route it's like lasy coding and you will hardly learn anything. However to be ontopic i do suggest dreamweaver if you give in. :P

RE: BEST website builder - designer by DJKAL on 01-19-2006 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
I highly recommend you do not take this route it's like lasy coding and you will hardly learn anything
im not LAZY, just currently un-able :P
TRAXOR has offered to teach me to create them in notepad,
thanks dude :D:D:D
RE: BEST website builder - designer by John Anderton on 01-19-2006 at 05:28 PM

If you know html/php .... doesnt notepad count as a website designer .... or do you just mean those drag and drop stuff things :P

Anyways .... if you would consider notepad ..... my vote would goto notepad2. Thats what i use :)

RE: RE: BEST website builder - designer by DJKAL on 01-19-2006 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
If you know html/php .... doesnt notepad count as a website designer .... or do you just mean those drag and drop stuff things :P

Anyways .... if you would consider notepad ..... my vote would goto notepad2. Thats what i use :)

i dont know them :$...but traxor is going to teach me how to use notpad :D

oooOOOooooo notpad 2 :O(H)

for now i mean "those drag and drop stuff"
as i need to be able to create a site on sat - the basics of
RE: BEST website builder - designer by hmaster on 01-19-2006 at 05:57 PM

Notepad++ -> http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/about.php
I just like it for the tabs/syntax highlighting :)

RE: BEST website builder - designer by John Anderton on 01-19-2006 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hmaster
Notepad++ -> http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/about.php
I just like it for the tabs/syntax highlighting :)
Exactly .... its really helpful. It checks the extention and highlights it accordingly ;)

imo
notepad2 >>> notepad tbh :)
RE: BEST website builder - designer by DJKAL on 01-19-2006 at 08:23 PM

but notpad2 and maybe dreamweaver {from what i saw} arent "drag and drop" which for now are all my capabilities are :$
any links to good packages - which ARE drag and drop?

RE: BEST website builder - designer by absorbation on 01-19-2006 at 08:29 PM

Dreamweaver is, but nothing does drag and drop fully some help aid your code but you need to be able to position things right ;)

RE: BEST website builder - designer by DJKAL on 01-19-2006 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Dreamweaver is, but nothing does drag and drop fully some help aid your code but you need to be able to position things right 
:( bluevoda was 100% drag & drop but it saves the file as ".bvp" {bluevoda} and then you need hosting from them :@
thre must be some other drag and drop web-builders:sad:

RE: BEST website builder - designer by absorbation on 01-19-2006 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
bluevoda was 100% drag & drop but it saves the file as ".bvp" {bluevoda} and then you need hosting from them (Smilie)
thre must be some other drag and drop web-builders(Smilie)

drag and drop creates problems with the code and in certain broswers does not display right. You have hosting i suggest you learn html, it usally takes people a day to understand i can use examles of people from the forums :P
RE: BEST website builder - designer by DJKAL on 01-19-2006 at 08:56 PM

quote:
learn html,
:o:o

quote:
usally takes people a day to understand
how do i learn? ... il be brave and ATTEMPT it :| :O:P

RE: BEST website builder - designer by stoshrocket on 01-19-2006 at 09:55 PM

i learn html and the basics of css and got my first ever website online within a weekend, and i purely used http://www.w3schools.com/ ~ its the best website for html i think. Its really easy and simple stuff. You've added me to msn (Andi) and if you get stuck or dont understand something you can ask me whenever im on, even if im busy i dont mind helping.

RE: BEST website builder - designer by DJKAL on 01-19-2006 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Methos2

i learn html and the basics of css and got my first ever website online within a weekend, and i purely used http://www.w3schools.com/ ~ its the best website for html i think. Its really easy and simple stuff. You've added me to msn (Andi) and if you get stuck or dont understand something you can ask me whenever im on, even if im busy i dont mind helping.
thanks :D il try it tomorrow and see if i can make a start - thanks for adding me, i might need help - il try and clear my mid first or il not understand anything :(
RE: BEST website builder - designer by Adeptus on 01-19-2006 at 11:45 PM

DJKAL: Frontpage seems to be popular among persons with those requirements -- "drag and drop", no technical skills needed to create relatively complex sites.  The drawback ( besides being called a n00b :P ) is that it works best when your host supports something called Frontpage Extensions;  it can still be used without the extensions, but some features won't be available.

Dreamweaver is a pretty good tool.  The notepad masochists are overlooking the fact it's not what you use as much as how you use it.  You can make your site 100% hand-written code using DW as your primary editor, just as you would in notepad.  You would still benefit from an easy preview, syntax highlighting, CSS style editing, templates (if you need to create multiple similar pages), built-in upload to server, and so forth.

No matter what you use, learning some HTML and CSS (for starters) is a great idea.  I second the suggestion of w3schools.com for that.  :)

RE: BEST website builder - designer by Supersonicdarky on 01-20-2006 at 01:06 AM

i learned html when i was still on neopets :P (i was 11)

and i learned css in about a week when i couldnt do what i want with html (by stealing sumones code and messing around with it) :-#

I learned all without w3schools or anything like that

RE: BEST website builder - designer by Val on 01-20-2006 at 01:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
You would still benefit from an easy preview, syntax highlighting, CSS style editing, templates (if you need to create multiple similar pages), built-in upload to server, and so forth.

Same here all I did was look at code and other stuff, altho it did take longer, I feel good about myslef that I learned someone by my own, no tutorials :D
RE: RE: BEST website builder - designer by DJKAL on 01-20-2006 at 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
i learned html when i was still on neopets :P (i was 11)

and i learned css in about a week when i couldnt do what i want with html (by stealing sumones code and messing around with it) :-#

I learned all without w3schools or anything like that

* DJKAL feels thick :sad:
RE: BEST website builder - designer by user27089 on 01-20-2006 at 08:12 AM

It is easier than it seems honestly.

RE: BEST website builder - designer by DJKAL on 01-20-2006 at 08:15 AM

quote:
It is easier than it seems honestly.
hope so, then i can be ANTI-THICK :grin:
i looking through w3school and HTML didnt look THAT hard, just some things i'll need to refer back to and copy and paste the codes then edit them, im going to look in CSS when i get home later. im proud of my self :cheesy:
RE: BEST website builder - designer by TheBlasphemer on 01-20-2006 at 09:08 AM

[Image: notepad6.gif]
[Image: notepad.gif]
[Image: notepad-logo3.gif]

http://www.notepad.org/
!!!

RE: BEST website builder - designer by Chestah on 01-20-2006 at 09:34 AM

Get the world's most versatile HTML editing tool absolutley  FREE  when you purchase this software: Windows version 2.0 and above

lol :P

RE: BEST website builder - designer by absorbation on 01-20-2006 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
going to look in CSS when i get home later. im proud of my self (Smilie)

dont, give yourself time for html first you should not rush yourself ;)