Shoutbox

Enhance Contact List feature quit working upon upgrade to MSN Msgr 7.5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Enhance Contact List feature quit working upon upgrade to MSN Msgr 7.5 (/showthread.php?tid=55135)

Enhance Contact List feature quit working upon upgrade to MSN Msgr 7.5 by Lady_SavedbyGrace on 01-22-2006 at 05:07 AM

Messenger Plus    3.62.146
MSN Messenger 7.5
Windows XP

When I upgraded to Messenger  7.5, Enhance Contact List feature quit working.  The little butterfly icon that used to pop up beside each contact name on the main messenger window list of contacts no longer appears there. 

If you right click and scroll down, the Messenger Plus features still show there.  But the shortcut, Butterfly icon just to the left of each contact on the list that was a shortcut is not there.

Anyone know how to make it reappear?

It was working fine before I upgraded to Messenger 7.5.

RE: Enhance Contact List feature quit working upon upgrade to MSN Msgr 7.5 by Mnjul on 01-22-2006 at 05:27 AM

It's not a bug, but a limitation and has been known for quite a long time :) There is currently (and will possibly be) no fix so please live with the shortcut in the pop-up menu :)

RE: Enhance Contact List feature quit working upon upgrade to MSN Msgr 7.5 by Lady_SavedbyGrace on 01-22-2006 at 05:36 AM

AWWW

Ok, Thanks anyway

RE: Enhance Contact List feature quit working upon upgrade to MSN Msgr 7.5 by RaceProUK on 01-23-2006 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
It's not a bug, but a limitation and has been known for quite a long time :) There is currently (and will possibly be) no fix so please live with the shortcut in the pop-up menu :)
Actually, the butterfly was moved up next to the MSN Today and MySpace buttons, if the contact list is wide enough. Select a contact, then hit the butterfly ;)
RE: Enhance Contact List feature quit working upon upgrade to MSN Msgr 7.5 by Matti on 01-23-2006 at 06:28 PM

Hmm... I was just thinking...

Since it's most of the time the skin which is causing the Plus! icon to not appear, why can't Patchou give skinners the possibility to let them choose via UIFILES where it will be placed... I know it would be very hard since you would have to hack msnmsgr.exe and search for the code where Plus! must place its icon, but it was just an idea. :)

RE: Enhance Contact List feature quit working upon upgrade to MSN Msgr 7.5 by Mnjul on 01-24-2006 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Actually, the butterfly was moved up next to the MSN Today and MySpace buttons, if the contact list is wide enough. Select a contact, then hit the butterfly ;)
Sorry, I don't get you... The icon does not have the functions of the one Lady_SavedbyGrace mentioned :S
This is what shown after I select a contact and click the button you said... Compare it with the icon available with MSN Messenger 6:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=594289]

If I remembered it right, the butterfly you mentioned was added to provide access to some genearl Plus! features when the border/menu of the contact list is hidden. It's not meant to be a complete replacement for the Plus! icon beside the contact in MSN Messenger 6.x...*-)

quote:
Plus! Change Logs for 3.50.124
A Messenger Plus! icon has been added to the top toolbar of MSN Messenger 7
The icon's menu contains all the useful items of the main Plus! menu. It's main use is when the window frame of the contact list is hidden and the normal Plus! menu is inaccessible.

RE: Enhance Contact List feature quit working upon upgrade to MSN Msgr 7.5 by RaceProUK on 01-24-2006 at 01:27 PM

quote:
If I remembered it right, the butterfly you mentioned was added to provide access to some genearl Plus! features when the border/menu of the contact list is hidden. It's not meant to be a complete replacement for the Plus! icon beside the contact in MSN Messenger 6.x...*-)
I stand corrected. :-$