Shoutbox

MSN Winks Plus DANGER - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Winks Plus DANGER (/showthread.php?tid=55138)

MSN Winks Plus DANGER by lrac522 on 01-22-2006 at 07:06 AM

OMG! I am so sick and tired of this annoying pop up with this damn MSN Content Plus. I have removed all contents of such application and it keeps popping the annoying notification stating that "Your current trial time is expired. Please register or uninstall All products of MSN Content Plus". (MSN WINKS PLUS)

I even went and reinstall the bloody software and removed it and it keeps popping up. what makes is worst is that it gives you no chance to work in peace because as you click on immediately after i keeps popping back non stop. This is driving me mad and i really don't want to throw my laptop through the window.

WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF IT?

RE: MSN WINKS PLUS DANGER by WDZ on 01-22-2006 at 07:56 AM

This has nothing to do with the Messenger Plus! Extension by Patchou, so I'm moving it to a different forum... :)

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Sunshine on 01-22-2006 at 12:19 PM

Go look on their website for all the programs that it may involve.

There are some e-mailadresses on the site too if you got troubles uninstalling etc. etc.

There was a thread about this before but the first poster deleted it...

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Destiny on 01-22-2006 at 01:55 PM

Press ctrl alt delete & open your windows task manager.  Under processes....look for msn content plus ( or winks) clik it and end process...that will end the trial period message. 

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Sunshine on 01-22-2006 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Destiny
Press ctrl alt delete & open your windows task manager.  Under processes....look for msn content plus ( or winks) clik it and end process...that will end the trial period message.
I'm sorry but that will only end it for aslong as your computer isn't rebooted. To totally get rid of it an uninstall (correct uninstall, not deletion of files only) is needed, this will remove all traces of the program and will delete the process from startup aswell (if not, contact the makers of this program so they can fix it).
RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Destiny on 01-22-2006 at 03:05 PM

Uninstalling the program will not rid the trial message.  It was a glitch in that version.  You can uninstall it until you are blue, but the message will continue to popup.  Msn content plus has advised that the way to rid this popup message is as I stated earlier.  Ctrl, alt, delete...bring up the Windows Task Manager...locate msncontentplus.exe and end the process.  I followed these instructions & have not seen that popup since, even after rebooting my computer.  This is the only way to delete the popup, which as I said will continue even after uninstalling the program.

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Brear on 08-13-2006 at 08:49 PM

ok well i have figured out which programs are causing the popup i just can't get rid of em cuz when i attempt to close them they automaticaly re-start themselves (the closing is being done in task manager under processes) the files names are msnlogm.exe and msnlogs.exe. the next thing i tried was to delete the files but since they are open ALL the time i have yet to be allowed to delete them. Please will someone find a way to delete them while they are open or turn on windows without starting them!!!

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Vimto on 08-14-2006 at 01:02 PM

Yeah I have this problem it is sooo annoying :@ I have to do the ctrl+alt+del and click on "msnapp" or something everytime I turn on my laptop. I have looked for the files I have to delete but can't find them :@

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by NiteMare on 08-14-2006 at 01:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Vimto.
Yeah I have this problem it is sooo annoying :@ I have to do the ctrl+alt+del and click on "msnapp" or something everytime I turn on my laptop. I have looked for the files I have to delete but can't find them :@

do an msconfig and disable them from staring up
RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Nathan on 08-14-2006 at 01:08 PM

Go to start -> Run -> "msconfig" -> Startup -> (find msnapp.exe) -> unselect it -> Apply -> Ok.
Then reboot to test ;)

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Brear on 08-14-2006 at 03:24 PM

Does msn content plus have to be intsalled to do that? cuz when i open msconfig and go to find it says there are no matches for msnapp.exe.

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by cheesemunger on 08-14-2006 at 04:09 PM

if u delete the winks u installed it stops

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Farmerclem on 08-19-2006 at 04:29 PM

I had a similar situation... was able to get it to go away by manually deleting the msnapp.exe (or similarly named) file from the Windows folder.  Looks like this doesn't get removed with the Uninstall process

RE: RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by GiantSpider on 08-19-2006 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by .Vimto.

do an msconfig and disable them from staring up

Sorry, but no.

Read CookieRevised's Reply To MSN Content Plus...help

Or read the whole thread

Can we all search before posting please?
RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Aardvark on 08-20-2006 at 03:45 AM

When in doubt, reformat your computer! lol:P

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by GiantSpider on 08-20-2006 at 11:50 AM

Pointless, and bad advice.

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Aardvark on 08-26-2006 at 04:37 AM

Is it? I've had computer troubles of my own in the past, and when I've tried everything there is in the books, I just back everything up and rformat my computer. And by doing this I can carefully reinstall each and everyone of my programs, to see which one(s) cause the problems I was facing before. Reformating your computer clearly isn't the best advice one can give people seeking help, but it's a different approach to learning what is wrong with your system.

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by GiantSpider on 08-26-2006 at 12:51 PM

When the answer is availible, it is pointless & bad adivice.

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Oxy on 08-26-2006 at 04:15 PM

Formatting your computer just to re-install windows... waste of a product code isn't it?

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Aardvark on 08-27-2006 at 12:42 AM

Well, when there are pirated versions of Window, there is no problem of activation. Yes it's bad advice but it is another way of fixing it. The main thing is it FIXES the problem. This is like a last resort resolution.

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Wiiiii on 12-08-2006 at 09:46 PM

Hi there!

I did had the same problem! And my pc got VERY slow becouse of this program...

Its starting itself from the registry, when you try to delete it, it comes back automatic immediately in the registry....

To remove it:

- Reboot youre computer
- Start windows in safe mode (F8 during boor)
- Start Run -> regedit
- Goto: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- And remove the anoying 'msnlogm.exe' program!
- Reboot, and it is gone :)

Good luck!

RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by CookieRevised on 12-08-2006 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wiiiii
Hi there!

I did had the same problem! And my pc got VERY slow becouse of this program...

Its starting itself from the registry, when you try to delete it, it comes back automatic immediately in the registry....

To remove it:

- Reboot youre computer
- Start windows in safe mode (F8 during boor)
- Start Run -> regedit
- Goto: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- And remove the anoying 'msnlogm.exe' program!
- Reboot, and it is gone :)

Good luck!
It is NOT gone...

What you did here was just removing the startup entry for the program (in only 1 location).

The program itself will still be there and it still is possible to be started. In other words, this will not remove the program but only remove the startup entry.
RE: MSN Winks Plus DANGER by Wiiiii on 12-08-2006 at 10:33 PM

The 2 files cousing it are:

c:\windows\msnlogs.exe
c:\windows\msnlogm.exe

I removed those manually