Shoutbox

So many users + special screenshot! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: So many users + special screenshot! (/showthread.php?tid=55140)

So many users + special screenshot! by Patchou on 01-22-2006 at 08:23 AM

Good evening,

It's now official, Messenger Plus! is proudly used by more than 10,000,000 Messenger addicts! the symbolic barrier was broken this week, giving me 10,000,000 more reasons to continue to work on Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 :).

It seems that my sudden disappearance from the forums started to worry some people (who were apparently not really worried for me but for the add-on's future, I still wonder if I should be glad about that) so here am I, posting good news and wishing you once again a Happy New Year. The next generation of Messenger Plus! is progressing well, Beta 1 is scheduled to be released to selected beta testers in the first week of February. Re-coding everything is taking a tremendous amount of time but it has its rewards. Not one feature is being recreated without being seriously improved. I'm still worrying if I'll be able to complete the project in time (some of the planned features may be pushed back to version 4.10) but I'm still confident you will all have some good surprises.

Talking about good surprises, I thought you may enjoy a sneak preview of one of the features that's already been completed: the chat logs. This feature was introduced in Messenger by Messenger Plus! 1.00, almost five years ago. Since then, Microsoft added many things to Messenger, including its own chat logging feature. It was about time to create a brand new version of the feature, and here's the result: chat log from Messenger Plus! Live 4.00.

In addition to plain text logging, you now have the possibility to log your chats in XHTML and the logs will include colors, Messenger emoticons, any kind of custom emoticons you have, winks (as thumbnails), even ink messages! All of that in stylized page fully customizable if you provide your own CSS file. Also, those of you who can't live without encryption won't be disappointed: chat logging encryption has also been rewritten and now features a 1,024bits key pair (customizable up to 16,384bits) protected by a 256bits AES symmetric key (which is the latest algorithm provided in standard by Microsoft in Windows XP).

If chat logging doesn't interest you all that much, don't worry, everything else in the software will get the same treatment. All you have to do now is wait for the new version to come out (sorry, no release date can be announced for now). Until then, you can be sure than we'll all working very hard to double the excitement you'll get from Windows Live Messenger.

Thank you for reading! :)
Patchou

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Eljay on 01-22-2006 at 08:28 AM

omg sweet looking chatlogs :bow:

good work pitcho (as always) :P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Dane on 01-22-2006 at 08:30 AM

Great news Patchou and wonderful screenshot, thank you for the update.  ;), Some of us know exactly where you are and what you're doing, no need to worry :p.

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Chrono on 01-22-2006 at 08:32 AM

im famous (H)

Well done pitcho (Y) :P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Mike on 01-22-2006 at 08:48 AM

* Mike cant wait! :drool:

One question regarding the chat logs: Do they get a "nice" format when you copy and paste them, or do lose their alignment?

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Plik on 01-22-2006 at 09:11 AM

Wow cool logs, deffinatly have to code a php log browser when MPL is out :cheesy:

Keep up the good work (y)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Menthix on 01-22-2006 at 09:13 AM

Nice! :D. Chatlogging looks cool, nice of you to still keep the old txt format too. 10000000 users :O, how many users does MSN itself have worldwide?

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by onetouchspark on 01-22-2006 at 09:23 AM

Wow it looks absolutely fab! Cant wait for it !!!

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Bionic on 01-22-2006 at 09:33 AM

Great news! Keep up the good work! Patchou! :D

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by user27089 on 01-22-2006 at 09:36 AM

That chat logs interface is really nice, I can't wait until the beta!

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Mnjul on 01-22-2006 at 09:47 AM

Great Job Patchou :banana:

The new chat logs are really really fascinating...and you can beat Microsoft by being able to log the ink messages :banana:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
(who were apparently not really worried for me but for the add-on's future, I still wonder if I should be glad about that)
Well, during your absence in mid-2002, we worried about the same...Messenger Plus!'s future and its master :P

Glad to be a WLM tester and a MP!L tester at the same time :wink:
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by ~INVASION~ on 01-22-2006 at 09:48 AM

wow!, looking very clean, much easier to read then before, ill probably end up using iot alot more now!

keep on going strong Patchou (Y)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by NiteMare on 01-22-2006 at 10:07 AM

wow, thats a BIG improvment can't wait for it to come out

hmm i wonder who the beta testers are:P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Pyroteq on 01-22-2006 at 10:20 AM

sweet as.. im beta testing windows live messenger as im sure alot of you are to.. and it just dosnt feel the same without plus!

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Max on 01-22-2006 at 10:28 AM

Looking good Patchou, can't wait to use it. :)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Sunshine on 01-22-2006 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
It seems that my sudden disappearance from the forums started to worry some people (who were apparently not really worried for me but for the add-on's future, I still wonder if I should be glad about that)
I wondered about you yes, but i also knew you were/are very busy coding Plus! Live. I was very happy to get an e-mail from you yesterday...proof of live, you've not drowned in your compiler...wahooooooooooooooo (yes, happy to hear from you, not about Plus!) ;)

I'm trying to get used to people dissapearing for a while (yes it happens with others too)..but meh..a woman always worries..the smallest signs of life make me happy though (an e-mail, appearance on msn...don't even have to talk...i'm not the kinda person who talks others ears off anyways, those who have me on msn know that :chrongue: )

What an amazing userbase :o
And the new logging...simply amazing, can hardly wait to test that (along with all those other cool new and improved features ofcourse). Neat how you caught a thumbnail of the wink in logs.

Lol @ Chrononi's drawing skilz hehee...a true artist :D
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by spokes on 01-22-2006 at 10:43 AM

:| those logs look awesome, i don't like the text ones tbh, theyre a bit hard to read

anyone want to make me a program to convert all my chat logs to look like the new ones, or will i actually have to wait for the new plus :( lol

i'll have ago at it myself actually :D

edit : i cant do it, cant seperate nick from text etc... ill wait

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by lordy on 01-22-2006 at 10:44 AM

holy.... OH EM GEE they are like... wow

cannot wait for this release!

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Choli on 01-22-2006 at 11:15 AM

well done patchou!!... that screenshot looks really nice ;)

keep up the good work

:lol: @ Chrono's :chrongue:

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
and you can beat Microsoft by being able to log the ink messages
yeah!!

Microsoft 0  --  Patchou 4
:banana:
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by albert on 01-22-2006 at 11:44 AM

Amazingly Improved.. :| Wow.. :|

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Shezi on 01-22-2006 at 11:48 AM

seems to be superb.. keep it up...(y) does it also support for the sounds sent to the contact... if not then y not also include that feature.. :)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by zach on 01-22-2006 at 12:00 PM

Wow, that's alot of users. They will all be excited about the latest Msg Plus! The chatlogs look great. Just one little idea... I use the MSN message history soley because it has the option; "Show last conversation in new conversation window" So if that feature could be included, that'd be super cool (h)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Rik on 01-22-2006 at 12:10 PM

nice! :D
keep up the beutifull work (y)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Menthix on 01-22-2006 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
I use the MSN message history soley because it has the option; "Show last conversation in new conversation window" So if that feature could be included, that'd be super cool
I agree with zach. I never really used MSN's own logging, but "Show last conversation in new conversation window" is really useful. I have been using Trillian on my laptop, that has a similar feature, and i love it. So Patchou, if you can bring such a feature to Plus!, then nobody needs MSN's own logging anymore :).
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by absorbation on 01-22-2006 at 12:59 PM

Nice to hear, actually great to hear, I wanted chat logs to be improved so much like advanced log viewer did, but without opening it all the time and in that plugin you could not copy and paste. Maybe we can expect skins for chat logging now?

[Image: logviewer_sm.gif]

(Screenshot of Advanced Log Viewer)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by -dt- on 01-22-2006 at 01:17 PM

wow looks nice :) , remember to have breaks to have some fun :P and not to forget about frasie lol

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by linx05 on 01-22-2006 at 01:26 PM

Wow that's amazing! I am really happy about the logging. Been waiting (and requesting) for something like that for a long time.

Don't worry about us Patchou, take your time and don't hurry it.

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Tochjo on 01-22-2006 at 01:30 PM

Very nice :)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Supersonicdarky on 01-22-2006 at 01:44 PM

:drool: :drool: :drool: x50

its times like this i wish i was a beta tester...

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Stigmata on 01-22-2006 at 01:46 PM

damn it....

ive got to do better then that :(

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by giken on 01-22-2006 at 01:47 PM

10 millions.... really impressive :)
this is the proof of how much good Plus Add-on is :)
I love new XHTML chat logs too

I'm proud to join Translators Team, thanks to SKApretto for that ;)
I hope I'll become Official Tester too :)

P.S.
mmm, I tried to add Patchou (somename@hotmail.com) and Chrono (somename@msn.com) to my msn but it didn't work :D :D :P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by mwe99 on 01-22-2006 at 01:52 PM

Excellent news Patchou, dont forget to eat and sleep tho :P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Lou on 01-22-2006 at 02:04 PM

Excellent. Can't wait. Those really are amazing chat logs. If only I was a tester.....8-)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by prashker on 01-22-2006 at 02:11 PM

Great Job Patchou.

And I knew nothing happened to you are on MSN with Busy Status all the time;-)

I can not wait for Windows Live Messenger to be released as with MSGPlus Live.

Keep up the good work and continue to make the worlds best Messenger/Live Messenger add-on :)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by LEE123 on 01-22-2006 at 03:36 PM

Excellent news, keep it up the good work and I'll enjoy using Windows Live Messenger with Messenger Plus! :)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by [MR] on 01-22-2006 at 03:42 PM

:drool: woah looks awesome :P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by user35870 on 01-22-2006 at 03:46 PM

Looks Great! :)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by FormulaFreak on 01-22-2006 at 03:46 PM

Looks awesome idd...can't wait :)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by x2zen on 01-22-2006 at 05:42 PM

Looks great (y)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Voldemort on 01-22-2006 at 05:51 PM

omg!!! congrats patch..
i have no words.
* Voldemort would love to be a beta tester.

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by L. Coyote on 01-22-2006 at 06:01 PM

That's cool! :D The chatlog-freaks will surely be happy!

:rofl: @ :chrongue:

I hope you don't forget about the South America meeting! :banana:

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Moo on 01-22-2006 at 06:04 PM

ZOMG SWEET CHATLOG!
* Moo cant wait to use it.

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by qgroessl on 01-22-2006 at 06:05 PM

I like it already! It'll probably be one of the few reasons I'll use WLM when it's out :refuck:

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by RebelSean on 01-22-2006 at 06:25 PM

Looks awesome, can't wait to test it (hopefully)(h).

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Lou on 01-22-2006 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
I hope you don't forget about the South America meeting! (Smilie)
Be sure to have one in Montreal too!
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by matty on 01-22-2006 at 06:31 PM

Looks awesome Patchy keep up the good work, cant wait for the beta fun to begin!

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
how many users does MSN itself have worldwide?
180+ million
RE: RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Guido on 01-22-2006 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
* Mike cant wait! :drool:

One question regarding the chat logs: Do they get a "nice" format when you copy and paste them, or do lose their alignment?

Depends on where you paste them -- as long as it's a rich text application (Word, an html e-mail, etc.) they will keep it's alignment and colors and all; if you paste them in a conversation or another plain text app, they'll be converted to, well, plain text :P

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by zach
I use the MSN message history soley because it has the option; "Show last conversation in new conversation window" So if that feature could be included, that'd be super cool
I agree with zach. I never really used MSN's own logging, but "Show last conversation in new conversation window" is really useful. I have been using Trillian on my laptop, that has a similar feature, and i love it. So Patchou, if you can bring such a feature to Plus!, then nobody needs MSN's own logging anymore :).
Agreed here, it would be great :)
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Ezra on 01-22-2006 at 06:41 PM

w00t 16,384bits key pair protected by a 256bits AES symmetric key :D

Keep up the good work patchou we know you will do great :D

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by YottabyteWizard on 01-22-2006 at 08:07 PM

:O Awesome patchou!!! Keep it up!

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by blackjack on 01-22-2006 at 08:58 PM

Good work, that Chatlogs are hot (6)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by hmaster on 01-22-2006 at 09:36 PM

Nice chat logs, take your time coding v4 ;)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by RaPLeX on 01-22-2006 at 09:55 PM

did u see wat i saw :P :D

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Jeronimo on 01-22-2006 at 09:57 PM

One word - awesome!! :)

Looks great. Messenger just isn't the same without Plus. Good luck to the testers in Feb, I know you're in for a treat!! :P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by ipab on 01-22-2006 at 10:25 PM

hoping for the beta testers thread so that I can test this :).

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by guanako on 01-22-2006 at 10:27 PM

nice, we all cant wait for this, nice work patchou ;)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by jren207 on 01-22-2006 at 10:36 PM

Yay, finally, a chance to save the ink drawings as well. :)

Good work Patchou (y), don't stop! :P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Hank on 01-22-2006 at 11:48 PM

very Nice, i like the New chatlogs

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Mad_Griffith on 01-23-2006 at 12:50 AM

Logging in again just to congratulate with Patchou for his great work.

(Y)

* disappearing in mist again *

:D

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by BooGhost on 01-23-2006 at 01:07 AM

It's looking great, just as every sneak preview :P

impresive work as always! :)

thanks a lot Patchou :D

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by charlie_su1986 on 01-23-2006 at 04:10 AM

man... I'm excited :D

Great work Patchou!

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Chestah on 01-23-2006 at 04:18 AM

Wow that looks really nice Patchou :). I love it how you've allowed users to further customise their chatlogs using CSS - thats so web2ish ;).

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Panachiba on 01-23-2006 at 05:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
im famous (H)

Well done pitcho (Y) :P

:lol: , great (y), is really nice..but..im not a beta tester :S :( cmon patchou :banana:
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Bugz on 01-23-2006 at 08:52 AM

thanks for the news, patchou!

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by aNILEator on 01-23-2006 at 11:00 AM

looking good patch!

looking forward to the bug hunt :D

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by John Anderton on 01-23-2006 at 02:44 PM

Good work ... i cant wait :D

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by MaRy! on 01-23-2006 at 06:16 PM

:O Very nice work! It's simply, incredible... i'm very impatient ! =p

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Lt.Col.DraGon on 01-23-2006 at 06:33 PM

Good Job on the chat log, I like it really much.

Very nice Patchou!

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Mentality on 01-23-2006 at 08:00 PM

Looks great Patchou, thanks for the update. can't wait for the release, it's gonna be worth it though by the looks of it. (is custom named contacts still going to be a part of it, since WLM now offers this as an option? hmmm)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Snake on 01-23-2006 at 09:33 PM

Can't wait!!! Nice job on ever thing you have done.

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by funKiE on 01-24-2006 at 12:08 AM

I wanna betatest ! T_T

RE: RE: So many users + special screenshot! by CookieRevised on 01-24-2006 at 12:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by funKiE
I wanna betatest ! T_T
Great, but always search forums before posting ;)

The thread for applying for the beta test program has been posted already: "Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ?"...

Read and follow instructions given by Patchou in the first post of that thread. If you're selected: happy hunting... if not, maybe next time...
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by faquick on 01-24-2006 at 01:53 PM

omg it looks AWESOME :)

I hope I can beta test it ;) anyway if that will not happen, I have a suggestion: please allow the user to decide to save logs in BOTH way. i.e. I *love* text logs because I can easily cut'n'paste JUST THE TEXT in IRC channels, forums, etc., and also I can very quickly find something inside them with any text editor, but the new XHTML logs look very cool, and also they allow us to save ink, custom emoticons, etc.

So I would really like to be able to save them in both ways at the same time :)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Karlita x_X on 01-24-2006 at 08:46 PM

hey Congratulations Patchou, very nice work :P i cant wait for the messenger plus! live

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by user36611 on 01-24-2006 at 09:56 PM

Just applied for the upcoming Messenger Plus! Live Beta! - We are entering a new and exciting errare of computing :D.

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by t1a0s on 01-26-2006 at 11:35 AM

Screeny looks awesome Patchou! Can't wait For MP! Live. Keep up the good work :)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by lopardo on 01-27-2006 at 08:23 PM

Just came back from Brazil and I read this... awesome! :)

Looks like my log viewer program will have to retire...

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by _Humphreys on 01-29-2006 at 05:58 PM

Keep up the good work Mr. Patchou sir.

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Discrate on 01-30-2006 at 02:15 AM

good work patchou!!!!! I cant wait to the next version of msgplus live :)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Mak on 01-30-2006 at 02:29 AM

Woah! Cant wait for this thing..

And i just didnt realise how much users used MsgPlus!

Good work Patchou (Y)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by di3s3lx on 01-30-2006 at 02:54 AM

COOL! I cant wait to test the new PLUS!

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by dennis on 01-30-2006 at 04:44 AM

looking good

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Pyro on 01-31-2006 at 08:20 AM

WOW neato

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by marissa on 02-02-2006 at 12:54 AM

the XHTML chat logs will be cool :grin:

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by greatguy on 02-02-2006 at 01:37 PM

Good job!

Who can get into the beta?

Make it public ASAP please! We are all facinated by ur marvellously ingenious masterpiece!

*insatiable lust for msgplus 4!!!*

P.S Can i b beta tester please?:P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by user27089 on 02-02-2006 at 02:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by greatguy
Good job!

Who can get into the beta?

Make it public ASAP please! We are all facinated by ur marvellously ingenious masterpiece!

*insatiable lust for msgplus 4!!!*

P.S Can i b beta tester please?:P

MP!L4.00 Won't be released until March/April time (probably).

Also, there is a thread about beta testing, please go there.
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 02-04-2006 at 09:23 PM

I believe he said the beta testing will start in the middle of feb. -.-

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by zach on 02-05-2006 at 06:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE-
I believe he said the beta testing will start in the middle of feb. -.-
But the final (public) release of MP!L4.00 will be later.
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by huwnet on 02-09-2006 at 02:50 PM

Will it be possible to convert the old chat logs to the new format?

Also I am a WLM tester and would love to beta test Msgplus 4 :D

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Tochjo on 02-09-2006 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by huwnet
would love to beta test Msgplus 4
The beta testers have been chosen already. If you applied and were chosen as one then you will receive an email in the next two days (you can only be chosen if you applied when Patchou asked for beta testers).
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by RebelSean on 02-09-2006 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
Originally posted by huwnet
would love to beta test Msgplus 4
(you can only be chosen if you applied when Patchou asked for beta testers).

Not entirely true, I asked to test the last beta half way through for reasons that there was some 9x imcompatibility issues that I wanted to help fix. He might not do that this time though.
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by SilverJax on 02-09-2006 at 10:22 PM

2morrow is the Beta release day for the chosen ones! (A)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Tochjo on 02-09-2006 at 10:25 PM

I meant that Patchou has chosen testers for MP!Live out of those who applied when he asked for beta testers.

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Dozer on 02-11-2006 at 11:21 AM

I'm, one of the many, that has signed up for the Beta, and is still waiting, bittibg of all my nails, hoping that i will become one of the lucke Beta Testers og the Messenger Live 8 Plus! Add-on.

Though i think that i'm one of the few people who wouldn't be using the XHTML form of logging my messages, unless it will keep the way of logging as it does now (Plus 3.81 eg) with the same form of time stamps, reducing the nick length, and so on. I'm currently using live 8, and good god i MISS the Plus! logging, because i really hate the way MSN logs. Logs.TXT FTW! :P

I do believe that i can contribute with some helpfull stuff if i'm becoming on of the beta testers, but if i'm not, i just have to wait like everyone else, when both Live 8, and Live 8 Plus! will have it's releases :)

Keep up the good work Patchou!

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by absorbation on 02-11-2006 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dozer
I'm, one of the many, that has signed up for the Beta, and is still waiting, bittibg of all my nails, hoping that i will become one of the lucke Beta Testers og the Messenger Live 8 Plus! Add-on.

Though i think that i'm one of the few people who wouldn't be using the XHTML form of logging my messages, unless it will keep the way of logging as it does now (Plus 3.81 eg) with the same form of time stamps, reducing the nick length, and so on. I'm currently using live 8, and good god i MISS the Plus! logging, because i really hate the way MSN logs. Logs.TXT FTW! :P

I do believe that i can contribute with some helpfull stuff if i'm becoming on of the beta testers, but if i'm not, i just have to wait like everyone else, when both Live 8, and Live 8 Plus! will have it's releases :)

Keep up the good work Patchou!

testers have now been picked and emailed sorry :(
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Dozer on 02-11-2006 at 11:29 AM

Absorbation, well nothing to do about it.. Hopes that i would become on of them, but we can't all be lucky.. Can't be lucky enough to be beta tester at both windows and Plus! :P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by user27089 on 02-11-2006 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SilverJax

No, the beta hasn't been released today, that wasn't what was anticipated, the emails we received were simply informing us that were were picked.

quote:
Absorbation, well nothing to do about it.. Hopes that i would become on of them, but we can't all be lucky.. Can't be lucky enough to be beta tester at both windows and Plus! :P

No, we have all been picked, I'm not sure what you're getting at ^o).
RE: RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Dozer on 02-11-2006 at 11:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by SilverJax

No, the beta hasn't been released today, that wasn't what was anticipated, the emails we received were simply informing us that were were picked.

quote:

No, we have all been picked, I'm not sure what you're getting at ^o).

What i meant was that i haven't recieved any e-mail about me being one of the beta testers of Plus! 4. So no we haven't all been picked ?
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Lt.Col.DraGon on 02-11-2006 at 01:37 PM

He meant that Patchou already sent an email to all those people that he chose to test MP!L . So all those who didn't get invited, good luck next time :p

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by whcodered on 02-11-2006 at 04:34 PM

Damn i should check these forums more often, It's hard using WLM without Plus!'s features :P

RE: RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Guido on 02-11-2006 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Don't worry, if I'm not mistaken, the XHTML logs will keep those features.
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Cloud Strife on 02-12-2006 at 05:03 AM

i have heard that to use the Beta Plus u need the new WLM, what happens if someone received the mail but doesnt have the WLM 8.0.0652??

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by DJKAL on 02-12-2006 at 09:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MaRio!
i have heard that to use the Beta Plus u need the new WLM, what happens if someone received the mail but doesnt have the WLM 8.0.0652??

then you can't use it, and shouldnt have signed up to be in the BETA and so should report yourself to Patchou sp that he can assign another person into the BETA so he can have all the testers he needs.
have you had the plus!Live email for you to sign up or are you just wondering what would happen?
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Cloud Strife on 02-12-2006 at 09:07 AM

im wondering, cause imagine it, it would be very funny :P

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Chrono on 02-13-2006 at 01:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MaRio!
im wondering, cause imagine it, it would be very funny 
Not really, i bet that many of the testers dont have it yet, but i hope that they will release that version to every tester soon enough.
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Menthix on 02-13-2006 at 01:52 AM

Please keep discussing about the beta inside the beta forum. Thank you.

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Sorcière 2 Malcomb on 02-18-2006 at 11:43 PM

Hello patchou!
I have the new msn version, (8BETE) which is now Windows live messenger. I cant use messenger plus! already indeed.

I know it takes time to developp it for a new version.
But do you know when you'll released it?

Thanks!

Hello patchou!
I have the new msn version, (BETA 8) which is now Windows live messenger. I cant use messenger plus! already indeed (N).

Thanks!(Y)

RE: So many users + special screenshot! by Chestah on 02-18-2006 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sorcière 2 Malcomb
Hello patchou!
I have the new msn version, (BETA 8) which is now Windows live messenger. I cant use messenger plus! already indeed (N).

Thanks!(Y)

It will be released when Windows Live Messenger is publically released providing Messenger Plus Live! is also ready :).

A fixed release date is not set at this stage.
RE: So many users + special screenshot! by John Anderton on 02-19-2006 at 07:25 AM

Tbh the same things have been said a million times in the 3-4 similar threads. I think its about time that this thread be locked :)

Basically the points to be seen are:

• Messenger Plus! Live will be released when it is ready.
  • Most probably that might be around the time of the public release of WLM (the beta or the product itself)
  • Tho the above fact is not confirmed (cause there could be some minor delays) it is the most probable thing said to happen. Dont bind your plans to it :P
  • The beta testers have already been selected. So i think its past the time for that discussion to continue (it was continuing in a few other threads ;))
  • For those who were not selected, just be patient for the release of MP!L or if you want to use Plus! so desperately then you could always downgrade :)

That being said, i cant think there is anything to be added. Imo this thread should now be closed :P If a mod/admin feels i have missed something out then they could always add it info ;)