Shoutbox

Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? (/showthread.php?tid=55188)

Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Patchou on 01-23-2006 at 05:54 PM

Hello,

as I've seen numerous posts regarding beta testing these past few days, I though it was time to make some official message about it. So, if you want to beta test the new Messenger Plus!, here's how to proceed:

• First, realize that beta testing is not a game but a job. Your goal will be to find bugs by using features that sometimes may not interest you.
  • Secondly, remember that Messenger Plus! Live, as its name indicates, is only compatible with Windows Live Messenger (Messenger 8.0). You will need Windows XP or Windows Vista to run it, don't try on Windows 98 or Windows 2000 with a patch, it won't work.
  • If you really want to help by becoming a beta tester, send an email to *removed* with the following information: your full name, your nickname, your country, your name on this forum (very important), and your motivation for beta testing. Also, please let me know if you beta tested the software before.
You have a couple of days to send your requests. I'll choose some people and if you're in them, you'll receive Beta 1 in about 10 days from now. Messenger Plus! Live being recoded from scratch, you can expect a lot of bugs to be found :). Also, please remember that the beta testers list is recreated with every version, if you want to beta test this one, you must send me an email or you simply won't be in the list.

Thank you for your help,
Patchou

Edit: beta testers have been chosen, thank you for your participation.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by absorbation on 01-23-2006 at 05:54 PM

Horray :D

I am ready to help improving plus! all the bugs shall be gone (6)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by user27089 on 01-23-2006 at 05:59 PM

Kickass, you should really open up the beta testing forum again then (a).

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by WDZ on 01-23-2006 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
As soon as I get a list of testers, I can set up the permissions... :p
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Max on 01-23-2006 at 06:07 PM

Application sent. ;)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by mwe99 on 01-23-2006 at 06:08 PM

I will apply and see how things go :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by user35870 on 01-23-2006 at 06:14 PM

Great! Sent mine :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by John Anderton on 01-23-2006 at 06:20 PM

Is it necessary to send the email from the email account used to sign into wlm or my regular gmail account would do ??

Update: I just sent a mail from my gmail address stating my wlm address too. I hope that will do :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by cornetto on 01-23-2006 at 06:28 PM

I'm ok to beta test it too ^^
I'm french so maybe it can be useful... :P

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Lt.Col.DraGon on 01-23-2006 at 06:29 PM

Applied to report bugs and give feedback ;)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Menthix on 01-23-2006 at 06:36 PM

10 days... faster then i thought. I know, a closed beta, but still.

* Menthix applies just to be sure :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by n0n3x1574n7 on 01-23-2006 at 06:39 PM

I'm a little worried about my lack of posts as I only joined the forums within the last few weeks but I have sent an application so I guess I should just keep my fingers crossed :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by SilverJax on 01-23-2006 at 06:44 PM

I'm ready for teh beta

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by rix on 01-23-2006 at 06:59 PM

Me too! I believe there's going to be many application forms waiting for acceptance, but only the best ones will be accepted.

Good luck, guys! ;)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by TazDevil on 01-23-2006 at 07:07 PM

I am ready to test, sent email too ;)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Negro_Joe on 01-23-2006 at 07:15 PM

I would, but wlm pisses me off, i use a gmail account for MSN, so im not going to go back to my old one...:S

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by GroteSmurf on 01-23-2006 at 07:19 PM

keeping my fingers crossed, that I'll be allowed to participate :-)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by user27089 on 01-23-2006 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
I would, but wlm pisses me off, i use a gmail account for MSN, so im not going to go back to my old one...:S

You don't have to, I'll send you a wlm invite.
RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by n0n3x1574n7 on 01-23-2006 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe

Like Traxor said, yes you can. I use WLM and I use my Gmail account for that
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by guanako on 01-23-2006 at 07:44 PM

this is great, email sent ;)
* guanako applies.
:(

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed.       

mplus@patchou.com

i'll try again i hope he doesnt think im spamming :(

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by bmtaylor on 01-23-2006 at 07:52 PM

Applied as well.

Worst that can happen is not to get on the list, but I think I can survive if I don't.  If I do get in, however, I'll not complain at all.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by ~INVASION~ on 01-23-2006 at 07:56 PM

sent! Hope i get in so i can help out again!

* ~INVASION~ wishes upon a shooting star! (yn)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Eljay on 01-23-2006 at 07:58 PM

applied. (yn)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by n0n3x1574n7 on 01-23-2006 at 07:59 PM

How many applications approx. do u think will be sent? And how many people will be chosen?

Just wondering how slim the chances are

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by mwe99 on 01-23-2006 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by n0n3x1574n7
How many applications approx. do u think will be sent? And how many people will be chosen?

Just wondering how slim the chances are

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=55...d=593996#pid593996

I made a poll cos i was curious about the amount of mail Patchou has to go through. If people honestly vote then we can all keep an eye on it...
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Lt.Col.DraGon on 01-23-2006 at 08:02 PM

Remember that also guests will be registering right now to just apply to the beta. Patchou will receive a lot of emails this days requesting beta testing :P

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Stigmata on 01-23-2006 at 08:06 PM

Do i get to be one? :D

* Stigmata secretly sniggers :)

Good luck everyone :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by prashker on 01-23-2006 at 08:20 PM

I hope people that are worthy to test get a chance to :).

For those who applied (such as me), if you do not get selected, dont worry ;-)...once a final is released you will enjoy it as much as the testers will :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by tony on 01-23-2006 at 08:41 PM

i've applied too :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RebelSean on 01-23-2006 at 09:39 PM

Application sent! Good luck to all of you who want in this time :).

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by hmaster on 01-23-2006 at 09:52 PM

Cool, looks like its going to be a very nice beta just hope I can test it :D

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by qgroessl on 01-23-2006 at 09:52 PM

Applied (hopefully)... but... eh... I doubt I'm chosen... haha oh well.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Locker on 01-23-2006 at 09:54 PM

I sent my email ^^

I am brazilian so i can help with new language files and other bugs

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RebelSean on 01-23-2006 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
Applied (hopefully)... but... eh... I doubt I'm chosen... haha oh well.

Everyone has a chance, some greater than others, but if you have tested other products, I'd suggest you mention them.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by qgroessl on 01-23-2006 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Everyone has a chance, some greater than others, but if you have tested other products, I'd suggest you mention them.

Never tested on computer... A couple PS2 Games though... So that's pretty sweet... I didn't put that in there though... Guess I didn't think it would matter... Oh well
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RebelSean on 01-23-2006 at 10:04 PM

quote:
quote:

Never tested on computer... A couple PS2 Games though... So that's pretty sweet... I didn't put that in there though... Guess I didn't think it would matter... Oh well

That's not a bad thing either, it just would look better on people's behalf if you have tested other products. If you are very interested and show lots of motivation, then you have a chance of getting in. I'm sure there is other factors Patchou looks at, but good luck.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by albert on 01-23-2006 at 10:23 PM

I don't think I have much chances to get in, but I still sent my application.. goodluck to every beta-tester :happy:

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Jhrono on 01-23-2006 at 10:31 PM

Applied ;)

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by CookieRevised on 01-23-2006 at 11:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Is it necessary to send the email from the email account used to sign into wlm or my regular gmail account would do ??

Update: I just sent a mail from my gmail address stating my wlm address too. I hope that will do :)
Patchou doesn't need the .NET passport you used to sign in to WLM, he only needs an email to which disclosed info can be send with further instructions (if you're selected).

The .NET Passport used for signing in to WLM is only for that: to be able to use WLM. This has got nothing todo with Messenger Plus! and can be a different email or emails ;)
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by ShawnZ on 01-24-2006 at 12:30 AM

Patchou: I sent you an email from the wrong email account, then sent a correction from my proper account. delete this post when you read it.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Chris4 on 01-24-2006 at 12:34 AM

I applied. (yn)

Hopefully I will get accepted, as I think I gave a good reason why I want to become a beta tester. :D

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Lou on 01-24-2006 at 12:42 AM

I applied. Hopefully I will be chosen. Good luck to everyone. Hope I can test so I can find the bugs for the many users!

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by giken on 01-24-2006 at 02:11 AM

Application sent, good luck to all ;)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Voldemort on 01-24-2006 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I will apply
Who won't?
Good Luck Everyone.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by kurtcobainuk on 01-24-2006 at 02:45 AM

I know I haven't posted much but I've applied....hopefully I'll get accepted :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by bio_hazard13 on 01-24-2006 at 02:52 AM

Good luck to everyone who applied.  I don't think my chances are that good due to me not being a totally active member on the forum.  Hopefully I can still get in and help find the bugs so plus live can be released to everyone in the final version

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by hsadan on 01-24-2006 at 02:58 AM

Application Sent. Like bio_hazard13 above I hope post count and age on this forum will not affect our chances :P

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by matty on 01-24-2006 at 03:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
* MenthiX applies just to be sure :)

Haha my thoughts exactly, hes already told me I am in but always forgets to include me so I will send it just in case lol.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Panachiba on 01-24-2006 at 03:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I will apply
Who won't?
Good Luck Everyone.

yea..Good luck everyone..and me :banana: :P
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by -dt- on 01-24-2006 at 04:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
applied. (Smilie)

snap!
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Cloud Strife on 01-24-2006 at 04:44 AM

i have send the mail, i hope i can be chose xD

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Ben™ on 01-24-2006 at 04:58 AM

I dont think I'll apply for this one since I have moved to Mac since the last beta.
You have my permission to remove me, Patchou :) (not like you need it anyway :P)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Dark Zer0 on 01-24-2006 at 05:10 AM

cool hope be elected

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Cloud Strife on 01-24-2006 at 05:11 AM

we just have to wait

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RebelSean on 01-24-2006 at 05:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben™
I dont think I'll apply for this one since I have moved to Mac since the last beta.
You have my permission to remove me, Patchou :) (not like you need it anyway :P)

Dont you have your PC still mate?
RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Hank on 01-24-2006 at 05:14 AM

quote:
quote:

he Has a Mac Now Sean, so cant use Plus
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RebelSean on 01-24-2006 at 05:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal

Well yea, I know that :p. He used a leet PC before that, so I was wondering if he still used it.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by zix on 01-24-2006 at 06:07 AM

Application Sent.
I hope I get a chance.

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Hank on 01-24-2006 at 06:16 AM

quote:
quote:

Well yea, I know that :p. He used a leet PC before that, so I was wondering if he still used it.

ok, what kinda l337 PC was that?
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by ipab on 01-24-2006 at 06:22 AM

Application sent :) (yn)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by John Anderton on 01-24-2006 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Patchou doesn't need the .NET passport you used to sign in to WLM, he only needs an email to which disclosed info can be send with further instructions (if you're selected).

The .NET Passport used for signing in to WLM is only for that: to be able to use WLM. This has got nothing todo with Messenger Plus! and can be a different email or emails ;)
I just thought that if he may need to add someone to msn or for anyother reason need the .net passport .... i just added it in my mail :)

Thanks ;)
* John Anderton wonders if cookie applied :P
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by NiteMare on 01-24-2006 at 09:09 AM

application sent:)

good luck, and no hard feeling to anyone that does or doesnot get accepted:)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by dannychen on 01-24-2006 at 09:20 AM

applied. hope to get the beta 1 soon

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by aNILEator on 01-24-2006 at 10:50 AM

I've applied just to be sure, hopefully i'm in :D Goodluck to everyone and if you are accepted for the sake of the community please don't leak, be adventurous in your use of the Beta you may find bugs between switching features or simple errors, these must all be professionally reported back to patchou with the dump log from plus live :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Jack White on 01-24-2006 at 11:09 AM

frenchy's mail sent !

Fingers crossed :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by fcukbong on 01-24-2006 at 11:12 AM

i realli wanna try the msgplus!live..n i dun mind reporting the bug..if it is possible..send mi the msgplus!live programme to mi email  fcukbong@gmail.com  .. thank you..n i still gt 1 more invite left in mi WLM 8..hu ones it can email mi using tt above email

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Ben™ on 01-24-2006 at 11:21 AM

quote:
quote:

Well yeah, I still have it, but it's sitting in the other room waiting for someone to buy it.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by John Anderton on 01-24-2006 at 11:22 AM

fcukbong please read this post made by patchou :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by mwe99 on 01-24-2006 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fcukbong
i realli wanna try the msgplus!live..n i dun mind reporting the bug..if it is possible..send mi the msgplus!live programme to mi email  fcukbong@gmail.com  .. thank you..n i still gt 1 more invite left in mi WLM 8..hu ones it can email mi using tt above email

You will not be sent it to your email without applying...

quote:
fcukbong please read this post made by patchou :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Jack White on 01-24-2006 at 12:00 PM

I'm new too on the forum cause I'm french but I spent some time on a french forum (relating MSGPLUS!)...

A new member is not necessarly a leaker off course, but he can't be a well beta-tester, who knows ?

I'm new on this forum, but i'm very high user of msgplus and its plugins, and I 've tested a lots of Plug o progams ...

that's the reason I've posted and expect to be selected as Frenchy's beta tester, I'll be glad of it :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by user27089 on 01-24-2006 at 12:07 PM

Fcukbong, it is doubtful that somebody who can't even spell "my" is going to be picked as a tester straight away.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by zach on 01-24-2006 at 12:15 PM

I am writing my email now... Probably won't get picked but it's worth a try.
Does beta testing also include improving, not just finding bugs?

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Kryptonate on 01-24-2006 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
I'm sure that if you have suggestions you can hand them over to Patchou.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RaceProUK on 01-24-2006 at 01:24 PM

Why didn't I come to the board yesterday? I almost missed this!

Edit: Applied btw ;)
(yn)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by John Anderton on 01-24-2006 at 01:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:
Originally posted by zach
I'm sure that if you have suggestions you can hand them over to Patchou.
.... by making threads, emailing him etc ... :)

afaik it doesnt include all that *-)
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RaceProUK on 01-24-2006 at 01:32 PM

Suggestions can be made whether you're a tester or not ;)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by faquick on 01-24-2006 at 02:04 PM

Well... of course I applied. Now I hope that this time I will be chosen :) If not... well, I will surely envy who gets chosen but time will pass and I will get my hands on Plus Live when it will be publicly released :)

After all, Plus! has always been stable and with almost no bugs, so that means the existing beta-testers are very good :) and patchou probably does not need many more ;)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Kryptonate on 01-24-2006 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by faquick

After all, Plus! has always been stable and with almost no bugs, so that means the existing beta-testers are very good :) and patchou probably does not need many more ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Also, please remember that the beta testers list is recreated with every version

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by NiteMare on 01-24-2006 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by faquick
so that means the existing beta-testers are very good  and patchou probably does not need many more

patchou has stated, that the beta tester list is scraped and remade for every beta
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Rik on 01-24-2006 at 02:28 PM

i have sent the aplication yesterday, but today i recieved a email saying that failed i tryed again and same result!
is anyone having it too?

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Kryptonate on 01-24-2006 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Rik
i have sent the aplication yesterday, but today i recieved a email saying that failed i tryed again and same result!
is anyone having it too?
are you sure you have send it to the right addresse? mplus@patchou.com? Perhaps his inbox is full..
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by John Anderton on 01-24-2006 at 03:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:
is anyone having it too?
are you sure you have send it to the right addresse? mplus@patchou.com? Perhaps his inbox is full..
i dont think he would have told us unless he has enough space .... anyways .... each email will be <1~2kb max :-/

Try again Cool Rik :)
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Rik on 01-24-2006 at 03:08 PM

i tryed once again and i havn't received anything about failure.
maybe i had a space before the email :undecided:

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by John Anderton on 01-24-2006 at 03:16 PM

quote:
:dodgy:
Check the mail reciept from "mailer deamon"
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by ShawnZ on 01-24-2006 at 03:22 PM

quote:
quote:

its not a demon :dodgy: its daemon
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by John Anderton on 01-24-2006 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
quote:

its not a demon :dodgy: its daemon
I didnt say demon. I said deamon which was a typo and it should have been daemon :P
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Rik on 01-24-2006 at 04:02 PM

quote:

the email is correct
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Eye touch on 01-24-2006 at 05:07 PM

i know I am a new member .. But i wish to join the list :)

Another New Member by Cheeslick on 01-24-2006 at 05:21 PM

I know I'm a new member, but I've been using Messenger Plus since the early days and I think I will be a valuable asset to the beta team.
I just hope I'm accepted ;) (yn)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Yousef on 01-24-2006 at 05:30 PM

Applied as well :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Idium on 01-24-2006 at 05:31 PM

i have now applyed

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Eddie on 01-24-2006 at 05:37 PM

Yep, I Have Applied To :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Mike on 01-24-2006 at 08:25 PM

I applied :)

I hope that I will get picked... :P

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Dudeboy on 01-24-2006 at 08:33 PM

Yes, i love to test it patchou, just to let you know i am currently testing for microsoft alot of products like Windows live messenger etc..

The reason why i dont install windows live messenger is because:

1/ Msgplus is not compatible with it yet and i really want to use it

and i am fully prepared to report bug errors and stuff to you!

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Kryptonate on 01-24-2006 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dudeboy
Yes, i love to test it patchou, just to let you know i am currently testing for microsoft alot of products like Windows live messenger etc..

The reason why i dont install windows live messenger is because:

1/ Msgplus is not compatible with it yet and i really want to use it

and i am fully prepared to report bug errors and stuff to you!
now put all this and the other info wanted by Patchou in an e-mail and send it to him :).
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Chop on 01-24-2006 at 09:34 PM

I have applied :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by DJKAL on 01-24-2006 at 09:50 PM

mine is sent :D i feel sorry for him having to read all those email and then choose
* DJKAL wishes Patchou the best of luck in life and hopes that he does not become mental after working so hard on this, and all, versions of messenger plus! which can only grow to beyond beleif and if possable will be loved even more.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by mm3guy on 01-24-2006 at 10:43 PM

Wow.. This  beta probably is just as big andpopular as WLM itself :O

My application has been sent, and i promise not to leak any info or a copy of it out :D (I know how it feels like..)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RebelSean on 01-24-2006 at 10:49 PM

Just as big? I don't think so :p. I don't believe there will be 10,000+ testers :p. I don't even remember how many was in the last, under 50 I'm guessing.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by mm3guy on 01-24-2006 at 11:19 PM

Well, umm, Just as big an upgrade?

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Hank on 01-24-2006 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Just as big? I don't think so :p. I don't believe there will be 10,000+ testers :p. I don't even remember how many was in the last, under 50 I'm guessing.

i think this Beta test will be bigger than previous versions, vould be closser to 100 testers
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by PAT.riot73 on 01-25-2006 at 02:10 AM

will be many bugs as wlm gets fixed by ms. hope to hunt them all down and report. good luck

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by leito on 01-25-2006 at 02:22 AM

This threads are so popular! Application Sent!

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Chestah on 01-25-2006 at 02:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by leito
This threads are so popular! Application Sent!

Any thread that Patchou posts in becomes popular.. anyone see a connection there? ;)
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RebelSean on 01-25-2006 at 02:51 AM

quote:
i think this Beta test will be bigger than previous versions, vould be closser to 100 testers

We'll see in good time :).
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by prashker on 01-25-2006 at 02:53 AM

quote:
you'll receive Beta 1 in about 10 days from now.
that means theres around 9 days left :)

I am still very excited for who Patchou shall choose :)

But who knows how many he shall select....unless he posts how many 8-).

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by qgroessl on 01-25-2006 at 03:27 AM

quote:
quote:

We'll see in good time :).

I thought I read somewhere that it would be a number around 150 somewhere... I could be wrong though
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Metal_Gear on 01-25-2006 at 03:34 AM

hehehe, I want to be a BetaTester for MsgPlus! Live :D

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Val on 01-25-2006 at 03:49 AM

I applied my application with a lot of time put into it, I wonder if he wont prune mine :P oh well slim chance I will get in. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Omar on 01-25-2006 at 04:24 AM

quote:
who said it was closed? :P
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RebelSean on 01-25-2006 at 04:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Omar
quote:
who said it was closed? :P

It's not only the forum list anymore, where'd it go :p?
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Omar on 01-25-2006 at 04:29 AM

quote:
who said you had permission to view it? :p

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RebelSean on 01-25-2006 at 04:32 AM

quote:
quote:

Okay Mr. Alpha tester :refuck:. Oh well, -hopefully- -we- can view it in good time :p.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Anio_pke on 01-25-2006 at 12:50 PM

Ok :P, email sent :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Salem on 01-25-2006 at 12:56 PM

quote:
Hello,

as I've seen numerous posts regarding beta testing these past few days, I though it was tiem to make some official message about it. So, if you want to beta test the new Messenger Plus!, here's how to proceed:
  • First, realize that beta testing is not a game but a job. Your goal will be to find bugs by using features that sometimes may not interest you.
  • Secondly, remember that Messenger Plus! Live, as its name indicates, is only compatible with Windows Live Messenger (Messenger 8.0). You will need Windows XP or Windows Vista to run it, don't try on Windows 98 or Windows 2000 with a patch, it won't work.
  • If you really want to help by becoming a beta tester, send an email to mplus@patchou.com with the following information: your full name, your nickname, your country, your name on this forum (very important), and your motivation for beta testing. Also, please let me know if you beta tested the software before.
You have a couple of days to send your requests. I'll choose some people and if you're in them, you'll receive Beta 1 in about 10 days from now. Messenger Plus! Live being recoded from scratch, you can expect a lot of bugs to be found :). Also, please remember that the beta testers list is recreated with every version, if you want to beta test this one, you must send me an email or you simply won't be in the list.

Thank you for your help,
Patchou

Application sent last night. Doubt i'll get in though. Good luck to all those who applied
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by John Anderton on 01-25-2006 at 05:20 PM

quote:
More like 76 ;)
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Menthix on 01-25-2006 at 05:26 PM

quote:
quote:Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
    Just as big? I don't think so. I don't believe there will be 10,000+ testers (Smilie). I don't even remember how many was in the last, under 50 I'm guessing.

More like 76
Last betatest had 46 testers. The MP!L alpha has 21 testers. I don't know where you got 76 from?

I guess the MP!L test will indeed have more testers then usual because there are so many new lines of code, which many loads of possible bugs :).
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by doug2k2 on 01-25-2006 at 05:28 PM

Just sent my application to you patchou!! Hopefully i get in :) it be cool to test the beta one.:D

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Salem on 01-25-2006 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
quote:Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
    Just as big? I don't think so. I don't believe there will be 10,000+ testers (Smilie). I don't even remember how many was in the last, under 50 I'm guessing.

More like 76
Last betatest had 46 testers. The MP!L alpha has 21 testers. I don't know where you got 76 from?

I guess the MP!L test will indeed have more testers then usual because there are so many new lines of code, which many loads of possible bugs :).

yes i think that would be the case
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by mandorallen on 01-25-2006 at 05:44 PM

Mail sent :p

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by m1cr0n on 01-25-2006 at 06:14 PM

Sent ... Now is waiting if I enter too! I tired of see strange characters in a nickname!

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by RaPLeX on 01-25-2006 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by m1cr0n
......I tired of see strange characters in a nickname!

For this,i returned msg 7.5 :D (y) im waiting  plus live for use wlm.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Lt.Col.DraGon on 01-25-2006 at 07:25 PM

9 days, this is so exciting!, I wonder who will Patchou choose :P

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by pablo_aza21 on 01-25-2006 at 08:52 PM

Hey... Invite me for testing of MSGPlus Live :P please...

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by tony on 01-25-2006 at 08:55 PM

msgplus live is not avaliable on invitations :dodgy: read the 1st post

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=55...d=593935#pid593935

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Khyshen on 01-25-2006 at 09:01 PM

Hi, please may I test Msg Plus Live!

thank you very much!

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by tony on 01-25-2006 at 09:03 PM

i think mods/admins should delete this kind of post :dodgy:

including this one of mine.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Zahid™ on 01-25-2006 at 09:08 PM

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed.        mplus@patchou.com"  :S Im using Windows Live Mail.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by zombi on 01-25-2006 at 09:17 PM

Ive sent my e-mail.

Im prob to late but what the hay ;)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by guanako on 01-25-2006 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed.        mplus@patchou.com"  :S Im using Windows Live Mail.
i go t the same mesasge too, try sending it from a different email account, mine didnt work with hotmail so i sended it from gmail.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by matty on 01-25-2006 at 09:36 PM

There should be a line in Patchou's post. Please don't register just to signup to beta test.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by [MR] on 01-25-2006 at 09:45 PM

I applied this morning :P

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by lrac522 on 01-25-2006 at 10:06 PM

Yippeeeeeee! I definately would want to be a beta tester.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Tarry on 01-25-2006 at 10:53 PM

quote:
quote:
I thought about posting the same but then I realized it was too dodgy. I must have thougt that you'd do it for me :lol:

LONG LIFE FOR ALPHA TESTERS!
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by mwe99 on 01-25-2006 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
There should be a line in Patchou's post. Please don't register just to signup to beta test.

all regular members know that if you're not respected or trusted or regular :P your chances are slim to none

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by PAT.riot73 on 01-25-2006 at 11:16 PM

quote:

as he said, its a job not just for fun, for all of you who just posted that oh, please let me in i am tired of ... its not for your benefit only! its for everyone else plz try not to be selfish and be helpful to everyone else around you.

thanks, and good luck
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Genoph on 01-26-2006 at 12:50 AM

Applied to debug and de-badfeaturitis (Ok, so I made up the last word).

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by bobgao on 01-26-2006 at 01:16 AM

thank you for this opportunity

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by vomer on 01-26-2006 at 01:34 AM

I volunteer to beta test this new version :)

Have beta tested many microsoft products so maybe I will provide you with useful tips :D

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by lrac522 on 01-26-2006 at 07:01 AM

Dunno if i'll get on the list but i hope.(Y)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by giken on 01-26-2006 at 09:34 AM

quote:

I totally agree... too "1 post" users in this thread ^o)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by John Anderton on 01-26-2006 at 09:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by giken
quote:

I totally agree... too "1 post" users in this thread ^o)
Ok so its ok if the register here and make one or two posts then apply ?? :-/
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by m1cr0n on 01-26-2006 at 10:31 AM

One observation:

Low posts, don't means little experience...

The tester have know that prog. came with bugs... And is a tester that can make a best MSGPlus Live!

Thanks!

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by TheAngel on 01-26-2006 at 11:12 AM

thats true

also applied

goodluck and have an good testing to the ones that are chosen

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by markee on 01-26-2006 at 01:35 PM

I know that I only registered so that I could apply for the beta but I have been watching these forums for months and months but just havent been bothered about registering coz everything that I want to say usually gets said before I get the chance.  I like seeing how things are progressing and the ideas that some people have (and trying to desypher some of them) but it really hasn't appealed to me to register so to those of you who are saying that it should come down to the number of posts you make I really think you are wrong in some cases.  I know I stand a slim chance of becoming a beta tester because of it but I guess I'll just have to wait like everyone else then.  Good luck to everyone that applied and I think that people should stop writing the stupid comments like "I've applied" then just leaving it, we could have saved about 10 pages on this thread if people were smart enough about there posts.  Anyways, good luck all with your applications, hope that the people who deserve it most and are the most willing to help get to be in the beta so that we can all enjoy it later.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by qgroessl on 01-26-2006 at 02:13 PM

The job of testing does not come down to the number of posts.... But the respect and trust that Patchou puts into who he lets test does.... If he sees they've been around the forums for a while and are respectable regular members... He'll think about allowing them to test the beta.... Now people who just joined he doesn't know.

The whole point of having more posts... is that you've been around here longer... It's not so much the posts... but the quality of the posts... the number of years (months) you've been here... and whether or not you seem trustworthy.

Msg Plus! Live is a closed beta... as well as all the other Plus! betas.... Patchou is was very angry that somebody leaked the last one.... He doesn't want the same for this one.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by matty on 01-26-2006 at 02:34 PM

Dont take it literal, it was simply an observation and a joke on my behalf. Because it was the same thing last year, people would register just to apply.

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 03:49 PM

[rant started]

quote:

Msg Plus! Live is a closed beta... as well as all the other Plus! betas.... Patchou is was very angry that somebody leaked the last one.... He doesn't want the same for this one.

Closed beta. always gets leaked.

I wouldn't leak it.

BUT only people that he can trust would be likes of mods and close forum pals who support the community forum.

but then again could he even trust at least 1 person not to leak the beta to his/her best pal/girlfriend/Boyfriend/family members/

the beta gets leaked.

I found number of links to the last leaked beta but chose not to download it.

althou it was hard challenge not to click that button.

sum it up. the beta will be leaked no matter what. trust no trust it will be leaked.

Its always leaked. Damn people :@

If i was patchou i would use offical beta forum. and add the selected users he picks in to. and leave the beta to what ever.

others get it dont support on this forum end of people post for support remove it delete the topic. Screws up someone's machine are breaks msn are anything like that **** em they deserve it because they shouldnt have it :D

[/rant ended]
RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Salem on 01-26-2006 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Craven-Image
Hi, please may I test Msg Plus Live!

thank you very much!

read above for instruction on how to apply to test Messenger Plus Live. That is the ONLY way to become a tester
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Idium on 01-26-2006 at 04:49 PM

this is all why it is a Chosen few Style beta, in order to try and prevent leakage. Beta software is buggy and therefore needs to be tested by a few people to get out all the bugs. ive applyed for the beta myself but i aint confident bout getting selected because of the mistrust caused by the last beta being leaked. i just hope i do get selected in order for me to help further Plus! development. in all i NEVER leak beta software because of my princable of not giving out buggy software. heres hoping im one of the chosen few.......

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Idium
this is all why it is a Chosen few Style beta, in order to try and prevent leakage. Beta software is buggy and therefore needs to be tested by a few people to get out all the bugs. ive applyed for the beta myself but i aint confident bout getting selected because of the mistrust caused by the last beta being leaked. i just hope i do get selected in order for me to help further Plus! development. in all i NEVER leak beta software because of my princable of not giving out buggy software. heres hoping im one of the chosen few.......

chosen few. as i said someone will leak it.

i no its a chosen few. it was chosen few last time.

i'm beta tester in lot of things

windows live mail
window live messenger
Windows vista
windows custom domains
plus alot of other different software :-)

Point of my post was its simply going to end up leaked.

personnally i don't understand why somebody would leak it. Thats is going a gainst patchou etc. the people who use there time to code it and give us the software.

i'm on messenger 2 thirds of the day @ a minium. WLM with out plus is useless and frankly boring and harder to use.

so i hope people don't leak it when they get it because that just causes a delay :@ and i want my msgplus live asap :'(

RE: RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Salem on 01-26-2006 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
quote:

chosen few. as i said someone will leak it.

i no its a chosen few. it was chosen few last time.

i'm beta tester in lot of things

windows live mail
window live messenger
Windows vista
windows custom domains
plus alot of other different software :-)

Point of my post was its simply going to end up leaked.

personnally i don't understand why somebody would leak it. Thats is going a gainst patchou etc. the people who use there time to code it and give us the software.

i'm on messenger 2 thirds of the day @ a minium. WLM with out plus is useless and frankly boring and harder to use.

so i hope people don't leak it when they get it because that just causes a delay :@ and i want my msgplus live asap :'(

Yes, i see your point. But imagine if Patchou didnt chose "a slect few" to test MsgPlus versions just because i thought they'd get leaked anyway. Surely the more people you allow into the Beta the higher the chances are that it could be leaked?

Also, as far as i do know, Patchou doesn't just chose the first "x" applicants to allow into the Beta. He takes a look at what they've conributed to the Messenger community by etc. So that not just anybody gets in.

I also see your point that a low post count shouldn't lessen ones chances of getting to Beta test. However i do also understand why post count might matter.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Idium on 01-26-2006 at 05:25 PM

quote:
WLM with out plus is useless and frankly boring and harder to use.

so i hope people don't leak it when they get it because that just causes a delay (Smilie) and i want my msgplus live asap (Smilie)

quote:
Originally posted by salem
Yes, i see your point. But imagine if Patchou didnt chose "a slect few" to test MsgPlus versions just because i thought they'd get leaked anyway. Surely the more people you allow into the Beta the higher the chances are that it could be leaked?

Also, as far as i do know, Patchou doesn't just chose the first "x" applicants to allow into the Beta. He takes a look at what they've conributed to the Messenger community by etc. So that not just anybody gets in.

I also see your point that a low post count shouldn't lessen ones chances of getting to Beta test. However i do also understand why post count might matter.

My point exactly. Leaking Beta Software causes it to stay beta for longer and therefore it is just plain mean and stupid to deliberatly do something which extends the time of software in beta
RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Salem on 01-26-2006 at 05:27 PM

quote:
quote:
WLM with out plus is useless and frankly boring and harder to use.

so i hope people don't leak it when they get it because that just causes a delay (Smilie) and i want my msgplus live asap (Smilie)

My point exactly. Leaking Beta Software causes it to stay beta for longer and therefore it is just plain mean and stupid to deliberatly do something which extends the time of software in beta

I certainly agree with this statement
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Nicolas on 01-26-2006 at 05:33 PM

I'm ok to beta test it too ^^
I'm german so maybe it can be useful... :P

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Sunshine on 01-26-2006 at 05:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
It's not about post counts, it's about what is in the posts. How do you get to know a person on a forum? Exactly, by reading that person's posts.

From my point of view chances of getting chosen are just as slim for people who never helped out (don't show their Plus! knowledge/computer knowledge in general) but have postcount because they post in General Chit Chat etc. as they are for those who sign up only to get into the beta.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by absorbation on 01-26-2006 at 05:43 PM

Also it's not about having Plus! it's about helping Patchou fix bugs. :P

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Idium on 01-26-2006 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
It's not about post counts, it's about what is in the posts. How do you get to know a person on a forum? Exactly, by reading that person's posts.

From my point of view chances of getting chosen are just as slim for people who never helped out (don't show their Plus! knowledge/computer knowledge in general) as they are for those who sign up only to get into the beta.

I totally agree with sunshine in this case.
RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Salem on 01-26-2006 at 05:44 PM

quote:
It's not about post counts, it's about what is in the posts. How do you get to know a person on a forum? Exactly by reading that person's posts.
Yes i understand that, that was what i was trying to say. People with 1 or 2 posts will have virtually nuthing to judge the person on. And will thus make it difficult to decide if the person is trustworthy.

quote:
From my point of view chances of getting chosen are just as slim for people who never helped out (don't show their Plus! knowledge/computer knowledge in general) as they are for those who sign up only to get into the beta.

I agree with this as well. Most of the people with such low post counts i would think are have just signed up to become a beta tester for MessengerPlus!

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Idium on 01-26-2006 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Also it's not about having Plus! it's about helping Patchou fix bugs. :P

another good point, i regular beta test products, be it either mobile phone apps/games (Java J2ME) or PC programs (such as WLM) and i only test these products to further devlopment of these and products like these. Beta Testing isnt bout getting stuff before release date, its bout getting Bugs out of software.
RE: RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 05:55 PM

well i signed up before but i didnt post much on here i think i asked for help once since then i switched e-mail accounts and therefore don't and can't get my password. :-)

but from now it looks like i posting because i want beta.

were as it isnt like that. i can spot bugs easy enough but anything i see r need help with is answered so why bother posting when the question has been answered lol.

plus i member of god no's how many different forums.

and as of the last few months and since christmas repairing & building new machines for people has been come to much work. but now i've freed my time :o)

AND Also my post about being beta tester and it getting leaked and stuff. Had nothing to do with joining to get beta invite :^)

it was just general opinion about beta's no matter what they are or who there fore they all get leaked. i didnt even no my post counts was so low :-(

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Voldemort on 01-26-2006 at 06:04 PM

quote:
always gets leaked.

What!
only version 3.6 was leaked... (that i know of...)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 06:08 PM

because plus is getting bigger and bigger.

versions before that weren't import but in last 2-3yrs

instant messenging is becoming big along with the internet its self. plus is the most popular plug in for MSN soon to be WLM.

i suppose i should rephase SOFTWARE people want most always gets leaked. that keep you happy now?

Hopefully patchou can fine a way around this :-)

anyway to get installation package disabled after 1st install .?!?
that way people cant spread it lol

were ever patchou decides to let people download it from should be username and passworded etc.

and only set each beta tester the chance to download it once and once only :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Voldemort on 01-26-2006 at 06:15 PM

quote:
because plus is getting bigger and bigger.

versions before that weren't import but in last 2-3yrs

instant messenging is becoming big along with the internet its self. plus is the most popular plug in for MSN soon to be WLM.

i suppose i should rephase SOFTWARE people want most always gets leaked. that keep you happy now?

Hopefully patchou can fine a way around this (Smilie)

anyway to get installation package disabled after 1st install .?!?
that way people cant spread it lol

were ever patchou decides to let people download it from should be username and passworded etc.

and only set each beta tester the chance to download it once and once only

Patchou has security measures, the leaker ALWAYS gets caught..
the plus 3.60 leaker was caught.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by absorbation on 01-26-2006 at 06:16 PM

quote:
the plus 3.60 leaker was caught.

who was it? :P
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by yowzaboy on 01-26-2006 at 06:18 PM

Hi,

I would love to beta test MsgPlus! Live, hope I can help!

Thanks!

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Patchou on 01-26-2006 at 06:19 PM

Could those of you who had problems sending me emails try again? I'd liek to know if this was just a temporary thing on my servers or if it's more serious. Also, please, post the full error message you got.

As for leaking the beta, this will absolutely not be tolerated this time and the system will be very strict: if a beta version gets leaks, it's automatically disabled for every beta testers (the beta will check on my server everytime you start Messenger).

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by rix on 01-26-2006 at 06:20 PM

I don't understand, why people request beta tester status and after acquireing it they spread it. Basicly it's giving away your status. Justice is going to get you!

Aah, im sure Patchou has no time to make security between beta testers more effective. All depends on the behaviour of beta testers.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Voldemort on 01-26-2006 at 06:22 PM

quote:
As for leaking the beta, this will absolutely not be tolerated this time and the system will be very strict: if a beta version gets leaks, it's automatically disabled for every beta testers (the beta will check on my server everytime you start Messenger).

see?
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Idium on 01-26-2006 at 06:22 PM

well, i as i have allways said i am furmly against Leaking of any beta as it actually creates probs and extends the time of any beta.

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by rix on 01-26-2006 at 06:28 PM

quote:
quote:

see?

Well, this is very positive. :)
RE: RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 06:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
quote:
quote:

see?

Well, this is very positive. :)

I like it :o)
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by GroteSmurf on 01-26-2006 at 06:33 PM

The fact that one is elected by Patchou to participate in the beta test, is in my opinion a great honour! It's just a matter of decorum to not disappoint the Master ;-), while he puts his trust in you and gives you the opportunity to help him finding the bugs in the next version of Messenger Plus! to make it a fantastic addon for the whole Messenger Plus! community. Therefore leaking is NOT done :@!!!

Just my 2 cents to this discussion :-)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 06:41 PM

if the beta checks on the server what happens if you become a beta tester and u run more than 1 msn account @ once?

i use up 2 four sometimes.

using a pologamy patch(well its and exe just starts wlm Beta Loader 8.0.0365.exe)

MSGplus works with every msn when i used msn 7.5?

so if some one uses wlm like me would the beta test end up messed up?

are will the server check on ip address as well as msn /WLM ID?

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by GroteSmurf on 01-26-2006 at 06:46 PM

well, I don't know if this would be a problem, but you could use one account with WLM and Plus! Live and the other 3 accounts together with Messenger 7.5 and Plus! 3.6 ... in that way you can not mess up the beta test ;-)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by TheAngel on 01-26-2006 at 06:55 PM

why bother leak something? the beta status is its all about being buggy program. its like vista and IE7, why bother using programs in this stage if we aren´t beta testers? our ego? lol

and plus live was totally redone, not questioning Patchou skills :P it probably have many bugs on it, so isn´t like the leaked 3.6 one with tabs that probably worked well on almost all people

goodluck to the chosen ones

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 06:57 PM

but i having found a way to start 7.5 and wlm 8 @  same time yet .

i have both MSN/WLM working seprate but not at the same time.

plus i gots all 4 accounts running as WLM with offical beta's :-)

plus alot more invites :D

P.S

I have vista and IE 7 running on my over 2 machines lol

Offical tester BTW

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by GroteSmurf on 01-26-2006 at 07:10 PM

quote:
but i having found a way to start 7.5 and wlm 8 @  same time yet .

i have both MSN/WLM working seprate but not at the same time.

plus i gots all 4 accounts running as WLM with offical beta's :-)

plus alot more invites :D

I understood from several posts on the forum, that you simply can copy the directory where you installed MSN Messenger 7.5 (usually c:\program files\MSN Messenger) to another location, install WLM into the default location and afterwards you are able to use both of them. Why not first patching 7.5, before copying it to another location, so it can be used more than once!?

However, if you want to use WLM with all 4 accounts, it depends on the check Patchou will do, I guess *-) and he won't probably tell everybody how he does it exactly, because there are allways people who will abuse this knowledge :-(
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 07:17 PM

i had it set up like in ur post but it didnt work. also followed stuff on mess.be.

reason i just asked that Q is because if i did get to become a tester n i use it while running other accounts at the same time n patchou thot i leaked it then it be switch of for everyone probably get banned from forum and stuff.

then i be most hated guy in MSN/WLM community lol

always nice to no all angels :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by TeUtEu on 01-26-2006 at 07:46 PM

Me also I would like to take part and to be beta tester :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by mfragola on 01-26-2006 at 07:58 PM

I HATE when BETA's leak
Can't you people wait???
Leave it out for the BETA testers!

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 08:18 PM

Can i state that noone in this thread said they were going to use a leaked beta or even said that they would leak it.

quote:
mfragola - Today at 07:58 AM
I HATE when BETA's leak
Can't you people wait???
Leave it out for the BETA testers!

so comments like tht aren't needed bit like trolling :-)
Can this topic be locked and made to be a sticky?!?

as its getting long and virtually pointless :)

P.S post like can i be beta tester/new threads based on it shud be locked striaght away or deleted or removed. as it be all in this locked sticky right :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Idium on 01-26-2006 at 08:51 PM

well this has been bubbling for 4 hours now and its getting realy long, i also sugest that it could be made into a Locked sticky all the infomation is now been added and its turning seriously off topic now.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by qgroessl on 01-27-2006 at 01:06 AM

quote:
Could those of you who had problems sending me emails try again? I'd liek to know if this was just a temporary thing on my servers or if it's more serious. Also, please, post the full error message you got.

If I'm chosen I'll have a couple questions about that Patchou!! But I probably won't have to worry about it... lol.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by jordanspringer on 01-27-2006 at 02:01 AM

I would be interested in testing out the new Plus Live beta. I currently am a Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Mail beta tester, and I believe this would be the third step! I'll run through the features and take my responsibility with being a tester to the fullest. I hope to hear from you guys. Thanks.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by [MR] on 01-27-2006 at 02:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jordanspringer
I would be interested in testing out the new Plus Live beta. I currently am a Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Mail beta tester, and I believe this would be the third step! I'll run through the features and take my responsibility with being a tester to the fullest. I hope to hear from you guys. Thanks.
did u email patchou?
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by L. Coyote on 01-27-2006 at 02:10 AM

Just a question to Patchou: Will you send reject emails (as in: "you weren't chosen to beta test")?

I never got an error (bounce) email when I sent it, so I don't think I should worry about that issue. But just to be sure.

quote:
Originally posted by Hidea
Mmm.... I'm going to give myself a shot!
:| Don't kill yourself!

:rofl:
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Hidea on 01-27-2006 at 02:53 AM

Mmm.... I'm going to give myself a shot!

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Hank on 01-27-2006 at 02:59 AM

PLease Email Patchou if you wanna be a Tester, Do Not waste time in saying you wanna be a Tester in this Thread, Patchou wont reply to you

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Phillip on 01-27-2006 at 06:11 AM

People say only those who Personally know Patchou and who he can trust will get invited..?

So in other words i wasted my time sending my application in..?? :S

Well i would love 2 test it Wlm isnt anygood without plus and if im not accepted im just gonna go back to 7.5....

I hope i get it....(Y)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Hank on 01-27-2006 at 06:17 AM

so u wanna test it, just cause you want Plus?. not a good reason for you to become a tester IMO

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Phillip on 01-27-2006 at 06:55 AM

No what do u really want me 2 write my whole reason..

I just really want to help u guys out... but know theres a slim chance cause im new to this... in time i hope 2 be well known and a friend 2 patchou cause i admire hes work....

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by mwe99 on 01-27-2006 at 11:33 AM

You need to email the reason, not post it...

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by bazik on 01-27-2006 at 12:31 PM

I really hope i can help plus! growing, im voluntering for beta tester :D

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Salem on 01-27-2006 at 04:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bazik

as posted before, please do not post your beta test request/application here in this thread.

Please follow Patchou's instruction the this threads first post.

Thank you
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Phillip on 01-27-2006 at 04:29 PM

Geez what is this a competition..?

For the last 20 pages ppl hav been "your beta test request/application" and now im not allowed..?

I am now confused..?

Well Patchou will choose the ppl for the testing so i am now off this thread compleatly...

sry if i cant spell properly..?

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Salem on 01-27-2006 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
Geez what is this a competition..?

For the last 20 pages ppl hav been "your beta test request/application" and now im not allowed..?

I am now confused..?

Well Patchou will choose the ppl for the testing so i am now off this thread compleatly...

sry if i cant spell properly..?

I am not saying that only you shouldn't. Im just saying it becasue there is no point posting on here saying you wanna test and why. Patchou asked you to email him that information. Those who post that informaton here will not be entered into the Beta.

Sorry if i offended you.
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Phillip on 01-27-2006 at 04:40 PM

Its ok, im sorry if i hav been annoying u and not posting correctly..

As i am new to this and yeah that kinda explains it all...;)

Sorry..! I want 2 get along wif ppl here not make enemys..:^)

RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Salem on 01-27-2006 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
Its ok, im sorry if i hav been annoying u and not posting correctly..

As i am new to this and yeah that kinda explains it all...;)

Sorry..! I want 2 get along wif ppl here not make enemys..:^)

Don't wory about it. :)
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by .zero on 01-27-2006 at 05:35 PM

Been watching these forums for a while, but I have to admin this is the reason I joined :$
Sent my Email ;)

RE: RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by bazik on 01-27-2006 at 05:38 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bazik

as posted before, please do not post your beta test request/application here in this thread.

Please follow Patchou's instruction the this threads first post.

Thank you

jeez relax will u, just saying i sent my mail.. get it? dont  need to get all stressed up
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Idium on 01-27-2006 at 05:39 PM

are we still getting those "i wanna test" posts, i sugest this thread becomes a Locked Sticky because all the info on applying to beta test messenger plus! live is on this topic.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by casatle on 01-28-2006 at 03:11 AM

hi !! I'm a Beta Test of MSN Live 8.... a need a Messenger Plus for this MSN ! where can I Download ??

sorry my english...

Thanks... (Y)(Y)(Y)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by prashker on 01-28-2006 at 03:12 AM

You can't download it yet

You can find out the info how to sign up to maybe test plus...read this threads first post.

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by WDZ on 01-28-2006 at 04:44 AM

Well, several members think this thread should be closed now, and I agree.

:locknana: :locknana:

Posting here will not help you become a beta tester... just send Patchou an e-mail. :)

RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ? by Patchou on 02-06-2006 at 09:45 PM

All the beta testers have now been chosen. If you have been selected, you'll receive a welcome email by Friday.