Shoutbox

The World is full of Idiots - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The World is full of Idiots (/showthread.php?tid=55211)

The World is full of Idiots by Dempsey on 01-24-2006 at 11:31 AM

Some stories of stupid people.

• I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me,  "has your plane arrived yet? ".

• A man in a Pizza Parlor orders a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6.

• My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.

• I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?" I explained that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned.

• I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?"   Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific".

• My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the shore. She drove down in a convertible, but "didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving".

• My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car It's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

• While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the North?"  When my brother explained that the sun rises in the East, (and has for sometime), she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff".

RE: The World is full of Idiots by John Anderton on 01-24-2006 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
"Now," she asked me,  "has your plane arrived yet? ".
that should be "[...] ?"

quote:
He thought about it for some time before responding.

quote:
Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific".
:lol:
RE: The World is full of Idiots by Supersonicdarky on 01-24-2006 at 12:10 PM

are they real?

if they are, i've underestimated the world and the number of idiots in it :|

RE: The World is full of Idiots by qgroessl on 01-24-2006 at 01:03 PM

:lol: at all of those... haha... especially

quote:
My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car It's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

RE: The World is full of Idiots by John Anderton on 01-24-2006 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
i've underedtimated the world and the number of idiots in it
:-/
underestimated ??
RE: The World is full of Idiots by Lt.Col.DraGon on 01-24-2006 at 02:09 PM

Did you actually experience this Dempsey?

Funny jokes lol..

RE: The World is full of Idiots by NiteMare on 01-24-2006 at 02:11 PM

hehe, i'm going to the airport in about 2 weeks, i'm going to ask them the first one, see if they ask me that :P:refuck:

RE: The World is full of Idiots by Dempsey on 01-24-2006 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
Did you actually experience this Dempsey?

Funny jokes lol..
na got them from http://bitsandpieces1.blogspot.com
RE: The World is full of Idiots by Wabz on 01-24-2006 at 02:18 PM

Good god people are simple.

I've worked in a school after only being left for 3 years, and I was outsmarting most of the teaching staff.  IT problems extended from moving computers away from the network points, or simply plugging the maachine in

RE: The World is full of Idiots by John Anderton on 01-24-2006 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Good god people are simple.

I've worked in a school after only being left for 3 years, and I was outsmarting most of the teaching staff.  IT problems extended from moving computers away from the network points, or simply plugging the maachine in
The problem is more like universal .... not just in your area trust me :-/

And its troubling tbh .....
and as someone here on the forum once said in a msn convo "the human race is too ignorant and sometimes stupid so it will end up distroying itself in the end probably :-/"
RE: The World is full of Idiots by NiteMare on 01-24-2006 at 03:20 PM

its like bush with his finger on the button, lets hope he knows how to work that button:P

RE: The World is full of Idiots by GiantSpider on 01-24-2006 at 05:08 PM

A girl in my RE class the other day asked how to play Snap.

RE: The World is full of Idiots by Weyzza on 01-24-2006 at 05:37 PM

quote:
  • I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?"   Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific".

This is the best (or the worst :p).
You just made my day.
RE: The World is full of Idiots by J-Thread on 01-24-2006 at 10:32 PM

Haha this is great!! Heard one too last week, it is in Dutch, and it isn't funny when I translate it, so for the Dutch users here:

quote:
Een meisje was een cake aan het bakken, en er stond in het recept: druk het licht aan. Waarop ze bij zichzelf dacht: huh, waarom moet het licht nou weer aan?:S

RE: The World is full of Idiots by Voldemort on 01-24-2006 at 11:01 PM

rofl :lol:

RE: The World is full of Idiots by Joe on 01-24-2006 at 11:03 PM

A man in a Pizza Parlor orders a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6.

lol... that was Yogi Berra... look up his quotes... dumb guy... great at baseball though.

RE: The World is full of Idiots by mm3guy on 01-24-2006 at 11:49 PM

LOL! This made my day, indeed ;)

RE: The World is full of Idiots by Pipish on 01-25-2006 at 01:20 AM

haha great work :P

gave me a laugh

RE: The World is full of Idiots by Val on 01-25-2006 at 02:44 AM

awsome stuff,
this world is filled with a bunch of material loving people, all they care about is if they have a tiny little pimple that no one will notice or if they talked to someone in the last minute on their cell phones that their rich parents pay for and are spoiled to the bone. Some people just dont have common sense they should have gotten with real life expericance not servants doing everything for them,

sorry for the rant :P

RE: The World is full of Idiots by blackjack on 01-25-2006 at 03:16 AM

good (y) very funny :P

RE: RE: The World is full of Idiots by linx05 on 01-25-2006 at 10:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz

You would have loved my old school. It was easy getting them fired though ;)

Heh don't know if I should tell this story, but meh she never reads this forum. My girlfriend and I went to the drive-in theatre the other week. She said it was ok to turn the radio on (the audio can be tuned in through the radio) because it wouldn't waste the car battery since it runs on radio waves. She has her blonde moments...
RE: The World is full of Idiots by Super Dude on 01-27-2006 at 03:30 AM

...*cough*...

RE: The World is full of Idiots by prashker on 01-27-2006 at 03:39 AM

quote:
# A man in a Pizza Parlor orders a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6.

:lol:
RE: The World is full of Idiots by Voldemort on 01-27-2006 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
runs on radio waves

actually, some radios work only with radio waves.
RE: The World is full of Idiots by linx05 on 01-28-2006 at 03:04 AM

Like what? If you're thinking crystal radio recievers it's a bit different.

Besides, this was in a car. It needs electricity to work.

RE: The World is full of Idiots by rav0 on 02-02-2006 at 11:58 AM

quote:
[*]My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.[/list]
You really should have told the cashier that they'd got it wrong ... 10*10=100 so you need 100% off (that means free for the slow people).