Shoutbox

Detecting when message is being sent - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Detecting when message is being sent (/showthread.php?tid=55226)

Detecting when message is being sent by qwende on 01-24-2006 at 07:39 PM

I know it's possible to intercept commands (like /xcrypt or something like that) using the available API set, but what I would like to know is how to simply intercept and outgoing message so that I may do something to it (I don't want to the user to constantly have to type the command in for my module to work). To what event should I register in the Messenger model to get notified when a message is being sent?

If this question would be better asked elsewhere, please let me know.

Ben

RE: Detecting when message is being sent by Kryptonate on 01-24-2006 at 07:46 PM

Can't you make it respond when the user presses the Send button or Enter? That's a way of knowing it I would think.

RE: Detecting when message is being sent by qwende on 01-24-2006 at 08:08 PM

"Can't you make it respond when the user presses the Send button or Enter?"

Yes, I suppose I could detect the Enter key, but the work needed to sink the button click would be more than I would think necessary for such a simple task (unless there's a particular bit about sinking the button click than I'm missing).

There isn't anything in the eventing structure of messenger to do this? I'm surpised that I haven't found anything in the docs I've read...

RE: Detecting when message is being sent by Kryptonate on 01-24-2006 at 08:41 PM

what language are you working in?

RE: Detecting when message is being sent by RaceProUK on 01-25-2006 at 02:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qwende
Yes, I suppose I could detect the Enter key, but the work needed to sink the button click would be more than I would think necessary for such a simple task (unless there's a particular bit about sinking the button click than I'm missing).
You'll be in for a lot of work anyway, because fetching the message that is sent needs the use of the Active Accessibility API.
RE: Detecting when message is being sent by qwende on 01-25-2006 at 04:33 PM

How will the Active Accessibility API help me?

RE: Detecting when message is being sent by RaceProUK on 01-26-2006 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
fetching the message that is sent needs the use of the Active Accessibility API.