Shoutbox

Just a question about v4 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Just a question about v4 (/showthread.php?tid=55263)

Just a question about v4 by vomer on 01-26-2006 at 01:42 AM

Hi all,

I had a question mainly directed towards patchou regarding the new Messenger Plus! Live v4.00

Will this early version include tabbed conversations? Since he said it would have features from v3 I am guessing yes but I still wanted to confirm it...

Many thanks for the replies :)

RE: Just a question about v4 by Patchou on 01-26-2006 at 02:20 AM

Messenger Plus! Live will definitively have tabbed chats, however, Beta 1 will not :).

RE: Just a question about v4 by Omar on 01-26-2006 at 02:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
however, Beta 1 will not
[Jan/25 20:22:57] <@MenthiX> Patchou is a noob
RE: Just a question about v4 by Voldemort on 01-26-2006 at 02:24 AM

:) patchou you should really get a rest..
(sorry for the offtopic)

RE: Just a question about v4 by Chestah on 01-26-2006 at 03:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Omar
quote:
however, Beta 1 will not
[Jan/25 20:22:57] <@MenthiX> Patchou is a noob

Agreed, so... how many days after Beta 1 will Beta 2 be out ;) haha jk :P
RE: Just a question about v4 by Patchou on 01-26-2006 at 04:18 AM

Haaa I see, so you don't want to be beta testers? you should have told me earlier...

:refuck:

RE: Just a question about v4 by qgroessl on 01-26-2006 at 04:19 AM

:p Pwned.... haha... Never upset Patchou around the time of his beta testers selection!

RE: Just a question about v4 by Hank on 01-26-2006 at 04:41 AM

why isnt MS gonna put in Tabbed chats into WLM? why is it up to Patchou again to insert these into MPL?

RE: Just a question about v4 by qgroessl on 01-26-2006 at 04:42 AM

Could be due to some of the meetings Patchou has had with the MSN Messenger team... That way they keep their jobs... And MS isn't stealing ideas or anything like that.

RE: Just a question about v4 by RebelSean on 01-26-2006 at 05:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
why isnt MS gonna put in Tabbed chats into WLM? why is it up to Patchou again to insert these into MPL?

Up to Patchou? That's a very debatable phrase. It is not up to Patchou to do anything. He does it out of the kindness of his heart, and to supply his 10 million + users with what they want. Because Messenger Plus! Live is going into Beta, you can expect things not to be available in the program, plus on top of the fact it's being recoded and restructured (points to sig) should even be a bigger sign that things aren't going to be functional.
RE: RE: Just a question about v4 by Hank on 01-26-2006 at 05:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:

Up to Patchou? That's a very debatable phrase. It is not up to Patchou to do anything. He does it out of the kindness of his heart, and to supply his 10 million + users with what they want. Because Messenger Plus! Live is going into Beta, you can expect things not to be available in the program, plus on top of the fact it's being recoded and restructured (points to sig) should even be a bigger sign that things aren't going to be functional.

that maybe so, but MS have had Chances to put this into there Messenger an still fail at doing that, AIM has Built in Tabbed conversations, . i might be a official WLM8 tester but i didnt sign up to test MPL, ,
RE: Just a question about v4 by RebelSean on 01-26-2006 at 05:37 AM

quote:
that maybe so, but MS have had Chances to put this into there Messenger an still fail at doing that, AIM has Built in Tabbed conversations, . i might be a official WLM8 tester but i didnt sign up to test MPL, ,

Then the team obviously doesn't see any reason to add it to WLM :). We never know what they have up their sleeves until the end product :). We'll see then.

On another note, I hope that Microsoft doesn't start rolling out the refreshes for WLM once MPlus! Live beta hits the streets.
RE: RE: Just a question about v4 by Hank on 01-26-2006 at 05:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:

Then the team obviously doesn't see any reason to add it to WLM :). We never know what they have up their sleeves until the end product :). We'll see then.

On another note, I hope that Microsoft doesn't start rolling out the refreshes for WLM once MPlus! Live beta hits the streets.

with MS anything is likely to happen,
RE: Just a question about v4 by giken on 01-26-2006 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Haaa I see, so you don't want to be beta testers? you should have told me earlier...
:refuck:

:D :D :D :D :D
RE: Just a question about v4 by Menthix on 01-26-2006 at 12:11 PM

quote:
And you don't want any Dutch domains? :refuck:

:p
RE: Just a question about v4 by Idium on 01-26-2006 at 12:29 PM

nice one there, is this thread turning into a threat trading ground LOL

RE: RE: Just a question about v4 by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
:p Pwned.... haha... Never upset Patchou around the time of his beta testers selection!

last time i read about it. on WLM blog i think after a big long chat with WLM team (or maybe it was on Mess.be i cnt remember)

But WLM team said there not doing it until they fine the proper way to insert Tabbed convo's lol

RE: Just a question about v4 by Plik on 01-26-2006 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
last time i read about it. on WLM blog i think after a big long chat with WLM team (or maybe it was on Mess.be i cnt remember)

But WLM team said there not doing it until they fine the proper way to insert Tabbed convo's lol

They write the program how on earth are they having problems inserting the tabs :rolleyes:
RE: Just a question about v4 by Kryptonate on 01-26-2006 at 05:41 PM

quote:
it's not because they had chances or because it's their product that they HAVE to insert it in the program. It's their program, they decide what to include and what not. Same goes for Patchou. As Patchou has got plenty of ideas to implement into Plus!, I'm sure the team behind WLM has got plenty of ideas too. Perhaps they want to include it, perhaps they don't. You'll see it when it will be there.
RE: Just a question about v4 by joemailey on 01-26-2006 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
quote:
Originally posted by joemailey

they said they can do it but cnt get it in the right way lol i dunno wtf they on about but thats all i can recall . they cnt do it the write way because there muppets n patchou just rocks lol

They write the program how on earth are they having problems inserting the tabs :rolleyes:

RE: Just a question about v4 by vomer on 01-26-2006 at 06:59 PM

Thanks patchou for the info :) Hope I get into beta :P