Shoutbox

Moving Settings to new acount / Computer User - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Moving Settings to new acount / Computer User (/showthread.php?tid=55347)

Moving Settings to new acount / Computer User by Paul_B on 01-29-2006 at 05:44 AM

Well, i was wundering how i would go about takeing the settings from one of my MSN acounts (really just the user nicknames that I've made) and moving it to an other acount. well its actually the same acount just on a differnt user acount on my computer.

Any help would be great thanks.

RE: Moving Settings to new acount / Computer User by prashker on 01-29-2006 at 05:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
Go to the Messenger Plus! Preferences window (Plus! Preferences) and click the "Save/Load" link in the bottom left hand corner. Then select "Export my preferences to a data file" and hit next. On the next page select a file to export to and make sure the "Export contact specific information.." box is checked and hit next. Now backup the file you just exported and use the same method (except this time select "Import my preferences from a data file" instead) to load them :)

RE: Moving Settings to new acount / Computer User by Paul_B on 01-29-2006 at 05:54 AM

haha, thanks so much. saved me a bunch of time.