Shoutbox

Help with flash... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Help with flash... (/showthread.php?tid=55365)

Help with flash... by t1a0s on 01-29-2006 at 04:40 PM

I'm trying to make a flash movie to go on one of the pages on my website. There's this one action (example can be found on http://www.johnnypanic.com/theband.htm) where when you click on one of the band member's top 5, another screen pops up with their top 5 things in it. How would i go about getting something to pop up like this after clicking a flash button? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Help with flash... by ayjay on 01-30-2006 at 05:14 PM

Can't tell exactly what you want to do because I can't find the top 5 thing you're on about :P but to get something to happen when you click a button:

Make the the button how you want.
Right click it and click "convert to symbol" and make it a button.
Go into the actions panel and type:

code:
on (release) {
    gotoAndStop(5);
}

That will make it go to frame 5, where you can just put whatever you want to appear when you click the button.

Might be getting the complete wrong idea of what you're after but hope it helps :P
RE: Help with flash... by t1a0s on 01-30-2006 at 06:31 PM

Thanks :d that was exactly what i was looking for, i'm just havin a problem where when i make what i want to pop up and i test the scene, what i want to come up just flashes constantly until i click the button to go to the right frame and stop. Any ideas? If you don't understand what i mean i can explain further. Thanks.

RE: Help with flash... by ayjay on 01-30-2006 at 10:05 PM

Think I get what you mean.

Try clicking on the actual frame in the timeline, then going to actions and just typing:

stop();

If that doesn't work you'll have to explain because it's monday night, and no matter what people say, monday nights are much worse than monday mornings :P

EDIT: Btw, why do you have a userbar for MsgPlus Live in your sig?

RE: Help with flash... by t1a0s on 01-31-2006 at 04:14 PM

Thanks, the stop() thing worked :) The userbar is basically there coz i'm lookin forward to it coming out lol :D

RE: Help with flash... by ayjay on 01-31-2006 at 04:58 PM

ah right :P

glad (and relieved :P) it worked :grin: