Shoutbox

Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. (/showthread.php?tid=55373)

Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. by jordanspringer on 01-29-2006 at 09:52 PM

I have been using MSN MEssenger for god knows how long, and I have never encountered something like this before, ever.

Here is the situation. Whenever Jordan talks to Sara on Messenger, everything seems to work fine on Jordan's computer. However on Sara's end, whenever Jordan try to talk to Sara, or whenever Jordan sign in, on Sara's end, or whenever Sara trys to talk to Jordan on her Messenger, it  freezes up, until she has to Ctrl Alt Del, and shut it down.

I tried to troubleshoot this, and this is what I did. Jordan signed in as Sara on Jordan's computer, and Sara signed in as Jordan on Sara's computer. So Jordan is now on Sara's account and can talk to Jordan no problem, no errors, no crashing. It is only When Sara logs in under her account, on her computer and trys to talk to Jordan, or when Jordan tries to talk to Sara, her computer freezes.

What is going on here? Thanks guys.

So bascially, one one specific account on one specific computer, when you try to talk to one specific contact, the entire program freezes. But only on that one computer, on that account, and with that one contact.

RE: Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. by Kryptonate on 01-29-2006 at 10:10 PM

That's indeed strange. What happens if she deletes you from her list and afterwards adds you again and tries again?

btw: double posting isn't allowed :)

RE: Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. by jordanspringer on 01-29-2006 at 10:18 PM

We just tried that. I got her to delete me, then sign out, then sign back in, and readd me. When she double clicks on my name, it still freezes.

Has anyone else come across such strange crashing like this?

And sorry about the double posting, i was unaware, and fixed that :P.

RE: Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. by TazDevil on 01-29-2006 at 10:41 PM

I suppose yuo both have and use Plus!, right ?
If you do... then i'd suggest...

You should try reseting Plus settings on Saras pc account because she might have set some sound or whatever notification functions to occure whenever Jortan signs in or talks to her etc... so Plus then freezes msn

Out of the blue what i can think of is that she might have set a custom sound to play whenever a notification regarding Jordan should occure, that is not properly supported/handled by plus, which produces this effect.

So try deleting/reseting her Plus account settings on her computer and see if this fixes it...

As yuo know signing in with Jordans account from teh same pc will load the default settings for Jordans account therefore not produce the same effect (which supports the thought above)

TazDevil

RE: Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. by jordanspringer on 01-29-2006 at 10:47 PM

Actually she has already deleted Plus thinking that may have been the issue, but in fact it is not the case. Sorry for not posting that, i was not sure if she had Plus or not, but infact she does not.

RE: Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. by Kryptonate on 01-29-2006 at 10:50 PM

How about reinstalling MSN Messenger? Did you try that already?

RE: Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. by jordanspringer on 01-29-2006 at 10:50 PM

We've done that a few times now, still no luck:(

RE: Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. by Voldemort on 01-29-2006 at 11:21 PM

something like that happened to a friends, when i added him, and the popup saying if he wanted to block or add me appears, he clicked it, his computer crashed... only with my email, we coudnt solve the issue, i dont have him on my list.

RE: Messenger Crashes in weird scenerio. by Kryptonate on 01-30-2006 at 07:13 AM

What about both of you deleting each other, then both sign out, wait for a moment and sign back in so MSN Messenger has to contact the server again. Perhaps it needs that to make sure both of you are gone from each others list.