Shoutbox

Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems (/showthread.php?tid=55381)

Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by djcletus on 01-30-2006 at 07:35 AM

I ahve installed it, but when I restart my computer, it is like it was never there, there is nothing. But messenger plus! is still in my add/remove programs list. Any help?

RE: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by mwe99 on 01-30-2006 at 07:40 AM

What are your versions of MSN Messenger and Windows?

RE: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by djcletus on 01-30-2006 at 07:43 AM

msn=7.5
Windows=XP Home

RE: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by MattyRid on 01-30-2006 at 07:46 AM

try using something like this to load Plus! and MSN MEssenger at the same time

RE: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by Kryptonate on 01-30-2006 at 07:48 AM

1. Reinstall Plus!
2. Don't restart your computer
3. Start MSN Messenger and in the main window go to Plus! --> Preferences --> Misc --> "Messenger Attach Mode" --> set this to "alternate mode"
4. Press ok

Now it should work.

RE: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by djcletus on 01-30-2006 at 07:51 AM

Okay, thanks a lot. Is that a common problem?

RE: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by Kryptonate on 01-30-2006 at 07:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djcletus
Okay, thanks a lot. Is that a common problem?
It's seen sometimes. It's most likely caused by other programs interfering with Plus!.
RE: RE: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by CookieRevised on 01-30-2006 at 11:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion
try using something like this to load Plus! and MSN MEssenger at the same time
That will not solve such situations (as seen in previous posts) and can infact cause more troubles. Such a plugin/addon/method of starting both at the same time is not recommended at all and should only be used if you know exactly what is going on; aka: have a extremely good computer knowledge.
RE: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by djcletus on 01-30-2006 at 10:30 PM

Kryptonate, I did what you told me to do. And then restarted, and it's gone again...

RE: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by freakythingz on 01-31-2006 at 06:05 PM

I've had the same problem as of today, i rebooted my computer twice and i had to reinstall msgplus.  It's there, but not working with msn messenger until i reinstalled i:@t

RE: Messenger plus! 3.62 Problems by CookieRevised on 01-31-2006 at 07:14 PM

If you have these problems do as what was requested before (I'll delete that post, because there is no use in the same post twice in the same thread. I don't wanna delete and repost this post again, so, please read posts first and if anything is suggested/asked, do as stated instead of simply blindly posting....)

;)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
What programs are you running?

If you have Windows XP, press CTRL-ALT-DEL and the task manager will popup (for Windows 2000 this is the same, only in that you need to select task manager from the popup)

In Task Manager, select the "processes" tab. Now you'll see a list of all your processes which are running, press on the "username" column to sort them and list only the processes which have your windows username beside them, so we can have a look at it.