Shoutbox

Posts per day counter adds strangely for new members - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Posts per day counter adds strangely for new members (/showthread.php?tid=55387)

Posts per day counter adds strangely for new members by haydos on 01-30-2006 at 12:57 PM

In the screenshot below, this person's post per day ratio is 2.51 and they have posted 4 times over 2 days... Shouldn't the amount be 2? :undecided:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=596854]

Edit before posting: I had a look at some of the other members who have joined recently (within the last 4 days) and that have posted, and they all seem to be wrong/different (including two members who joined on  the same day and have the same number of posts but have different ratios)

Anybody willing to do the maths for some of the older members feel free ;):P

RE: Posts per day counter adds strangely for new members by Tochjo on 01-30-2006 at 01:01 PM

If I were to register now and make ten posts in the next hour, my posts per day ratio would be 240 posts a day. There are 24 hours in a day and because I posted ten times in one hour, I would post 240 times in 24 hours, hence the post per day ratio.

RE: Posts per day counter adds strangely for new members by user27089 on 01-30-2006 at 01:11 PM

You need to remember about posts in Testing & Trashing etc.

RE: Posts per day counter adds strangely for new members by WDZ on 01-30-2006 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
You need to remember about posts in Testing & Trashing etc.
T&T posts don't affect the "posts per day."
quote:
Originally posted by haydn
In the screenshot below, this person's post per day ratio is 2.51 and they have posted 4 times over 2 days... Shouldn't the amount be 2?
Just because the registration date is "Yesterday" doesn't mean much... the person could have registered 1 hour ago or 47 hours ago...
RE: Posts per day counter adds strangely for new members by haydos on 01-30-2006 at 02:06 PM

I assumed it was measured in days rather than hours, thankyou ;)

RE: Posts per day counter adds strangely for new members by WDZ on 01-30-2006 at 02:27 PM

It is, but the number of days is not rounded to a whole number. It could be 1.5416 days... :p