Shoutbox

Hi remove ppls personal messages! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Hi remove ppls personal messages! (/showthread.php?tid=55403)

Hi remove ppls personal messages! by MyZkO on 01-30-2006 at 11:56 PM

Hello all, i need some help i dont wont to see other peoples personal messages how can i remove that with reshack ------>

lets say my friend "Schrimp ----> i am tired"

i just want the nick Schrimp , so help me remove others peoples personal messages.

tnx
MyZkO

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by matty on 01-31-2006 at 12:05 AM

Look on Mess.be for something called Mess Patch

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by MyZkO on 01-31-2006 at 12:13 AM

i have 7.0777 i dont think you have that in mess.be patch 0777 ?

can i do that and just select remove personal messages , so it doesnt mess up my cfg i have now ant the skin i have right now!

cant you hack it in reshack , msgslang.dll ?

hope you can tell me

MyZkO

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by RaceProUK on 01-31-2006 at 01:12 AM

Mess Patch works with all Messengers up to at least 7.5.0316 IIRC. And it won't mess up your config, though I will warn you about potential conflits with the skin: you never know.

RE: RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by MattyRid on 01-31-2006 at 08:15 AM

Or you could use A-Patch which has compatability up to 7.5.0322 but the warning given by raceprouk will still apply

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
though I will warn you about potential conflits with the skin: you never know.

Also, I know Mess Patch and A-Patch are the same thing but when was Mess Patch last updated?
RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by MyZkO on 01-31-2006 at 09:08 AM

i tried a-patch but it didnt work, i checked the remove personal messages from contacts and it said it was patched but when i started msn i had the personal messages there again.

cant you reshack the dll file insted , someone must know how ?

tnx

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by CookieRevised on 01-31-2006 at 10:21 AM

That's exactly what those patches do, they "reshack" the DLL...

(note: there is no such thing as "reshacking", it isn't a verb, ResHacker is the name of a specific program like there are so many programs which can do the same: they patch/change resources)

;)

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by MyZkO on 01-31-2006 at 10:35 AM

ok sorry =( but the patch didnt do it for me i use the foton skin from deviantart.com i have tried everything , so you have to be able to do it manually in the msgslang.dll

but the problem is i dont know which string to delete to be able to get rid of other peoples messages.

or am i wrong ?

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by CookieRevised on 01-31-2006 at 10:43 AM

I can't tell you at the moment which is altered in the resources, but what you can do is to patch an unmodified(!), not skinned,  original msn messenger with such patches, and afterwards compare the resources of the dll with the orginal unpatched dll to find out what has changed.

and/or look in this thread on mess.be:
Resource Hacking MSN Messenger

eg:
Xander's reply to Resource Hacking MSN Messenger

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by MyZkO on 01-31-2006 at 10:52 AM

hmm okay that sounds a bit hard , i hope you will find it for me =)
or someone else.

i installed msn and + then a-patch to remove the personal message and then i installed foton skin and i popped right back!

arrrggg i want this to work now

RE: RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by CookieRevised on 01-31-2006 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MyZkO
i installed msn and + then a-patch to remove the personal message and then i installed foton skin and i popped right back!
Because skins are also patches. They simply install a patched version of MSN Messenger. In other words, anything you may have applied before installing the skin will be overwritten by how it is set in the skin.

1) Original MSN Messenger: "0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9"
2) You patch it: "0 1 2 X X X 6 7 8 9"
3) You apply the skin: "A B C D E F G H I J"

As you can see, the things you've applied (the X's) are gone and overwritten by how the skin thinks it should be...
RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by MyZkO on 01-31-2006 at 10:58 AM

hmm i think i understand , but there must be a way yo get rid of this even if i have foton skin installed am i right ?

i found some strings in msgslang.dll that talks about personal message i tried to delete it but it didnt work , so i dont think i was on the right way.

still hoping for a solution

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by Matti on 01-31-2006 at 05:41 PM

I think you can just hide the PSMs in the buddylist with Resource Hacker.
You set the "layoutpos" of everything related to PSMs in UIFILE 936 (the buddy list) to "none" and that will hide them in the buddylist. Ofcourse, they'll still show up in the conversation window...

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by MyZkO on 01-31-2006 at 07:17 PM

I got it to work now i have one problem left i got the psm away but if i look at a contact right now it looks like this

Schrimp -

i want "-" this sign to get away whats the name of that one and is it in UIFILE 936 also ? how do i take that away ?

tnx for all your help so far!

RE: RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by nightblade06 on 02-06-2006 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MyZkO
I got it to work now i have one problem left i got the psm away but if i look at a contact right now it looks like this

Schrimp -

i want "-" this sign to get away whats the name of that one and is it in UIFILE 936 also ? how do i take that away ?

tnx for all your help so far!

hi ive recently done that. I have taken out the personal message and the "-" and also the status in the brackets.

open msnmsgr.exe with resource hacker. goto the ufile folder then to the 936 folder then open the 1033.

find: "<cmdbutton id=atom(listitemsel2) layout=borderlayout()"

Below is the code we want...
code:
<cmdbutton id=atom(listitemsel2) layout=borderlayout() active=inactive>
<element layoutpos=left layout=verticalflowlayout(0,0,0,2) active=inactive>
<emoticontext id=atom(buddyname) background=argb(0,0,0,0) active=inactive/>
</element>
<element id=atom(buddystatus) background=argb(0,0,0,0) active=inactive/>
<element layoutpos=left id=atom(idPSM) layout=borderlayout()>
<element id=atom(idPSMIcon) content=rcstr(329)/>
<element layoutpos=client layout=verticalflowlayout(0,0,0,2) active=inactive>
<emoticontext id=atom(idPSMText) background=argb(0,0,0,0) active=inactive/>
</element>
</element>
<element layoutpos=left id=atom(idCurrentSong) layout=borderlayout() visible=false active=inactive>
<png id=atom(idSongIcon) active=inactive/>
<urlelem id=atom(idSongText) layoutpos=left cmdid=2339 showampersand=false/>
</element>
</cmdbutton>

to get rid of the full personal message text then delete these lines:

code:
<element layoutpos=left id=atom(idPSM) layout=borderlayout()>
<element id=atom(idPSMIcon) content=rcstr(329)/>
<element layoutpos=client layout=verticalflowlayout(0,0,0,2) active=inactive>
<emoticontext id=atom(idPSMText) background=argb(0,0,0,0) active=inactive/>
</element>
</element>

to get rid of the status (away, out to lunch etc) remove these lines:

code:
<element id=atom(buddystatus) background=argb(0,0,0,0) active=inactive/>

to also get rid of the current song playing which is the same as the personal messages remove these lines:

code:
<element layoutpos=left id=atom(idCurrentSong) layout=borderlayout() visible=false active=inactive>
<png id=atom(idSongIcon) active=inactive/>
<urlelem id=atom(idSongText) layoutpos=left cmdid=2339 showampersand=false/>
</element>

Once you have done this click the compile script button then goto file > save. make sure msn messenger is not running.

This is the best way to get rid of the personal message.
You get any trouble or you need any help in mod'ing msn the feel free to add me... leachy_ov_ashton@hotmail.com

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by ZrednaZ on 02-06-2006 at 10:57 PM

If I may suggest something more straight forward...
Give all your contacts the following custom name:

Insert contact's name - 14(!N)0

This will make their actual names bold and will take your eyes' focus off any personal messages that your contacts may have. This solution works fine for me. See attached JPG...

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by nightblade06 on 02-07-2006 at 12:45 PM

yeh that will work but what if i end up with 228 contacts going through them and changing all their names.
This is how mine currently looks like:
[Image: clist.bmp]

I am now trying to get change the icons so that they are all the same. The mod takes the custom personal messages (except msn Plus! ones), song title, song icon, buddy status (away, out to lunch etc)

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by eloquences on 02-16-2006 at 08:39 PM

Hi!

I'm having a little difficulty with my Messenger... and it's pissing me off. I actually want to see other people's personal messages, but for some reason, they don't show...

I've already tried uninstalling and installing MSN Messenger again and it remains the same.

Can anybody help me?

RE: Hi remove ppls personal messages! by ZrednaZ on 02-16-2006 at 10:46 PM

My thorough list of possibilities:

Are you running the latest version? Remember, this was feature introduced as late as version 7.0 or something like that. Windows Messenger probably won't show them, either.