Shoutbox

/delete command *REQUEST* - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: /delete command *REQUEST* (/showthread.php?tid=55467)

/delete command *REQUEST* by qgroessl on 02-02-2006 at 12:28 AM

Is it possible for Patchou to add a /delete command.... I dunno... It'd be faster for me to block/delete unruley contacts that way. I think it would be fairly easy to add wouldn't it?

RE: /delete command by RebelSean on 02-02-2006 at 03:44 AM

I think that would be quite usefull :).

RE: /delete command by lrac522 on 02-02-2006 at 05:30 AM

Sounds quite interesting but wouldn't there be a conflict somehow to block/delete a contact if you happen to be in their window? Think maybe there would be more conditions... dunno!

RE: /delete command by DJKAL on 02-02-2006 at 08:07 AM

i wouldnt like it personally...
accidently click it and your contact is gone :|
if you want to DELETE a contact it would be beter to go to the contact list and do it.
but if there was /block then that would be ok - if it isnt already in there

RE: /delete command by TheAngel on 02-02-2006 at 11:34 AM

an small msgbox confirming that you want to delete him/her will do the trick to that cases :P

RE: /delete command by qgroessl on 02-02-2006 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheAngel
an small msgbox confirming that you want to delete him/her will do the trick to that cases :P

Which I thought of but figured Patchou would be smart enough to think of himself also.... lol.... But yeah... a little extra notification making sure you want to delete.
RE: /delete command by Idium on 02-02-2006 at 01:42 PM

yeah a /delete command as well as the already(i think) existent /block command would be nice, i also agree that a confermation window would be a good idea

RE: /delete command by L. Coyote on 02-02-2006 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
Sounds quite interesting but wouldn't there be a conflict somehow to block/delete a contact if you happen to be in their window?
I don't think so, it's just like when you send a message to someone not on your list... I think. It wouldn't create any conflict, you'd get a little message at the top of the conversation text saying the contact isn't on your list.

In any case, if it did create conflict, then the confirmation box (if it's from MsgPlus!) could close the conversation window before the actual deletion.

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
but if there was /block then that would be ok - if it isnt already in there
Yes, there is.

Also, don't confuse blocking with deleting, as they are two completely different actions, and thus, unrelated.

In any case, right-clicking on a contact and choosing "Delete Contact" shouldn't be so complicated... :P
RE: /delete command by LittleK on 02-02-2006 at 02:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
In any case, right-clicking on a contact and choosing "Delete Contact" shouldn't be so complicated...

I think its finding the contact which is the irritation :P I know it is for me, anyway. (Also i don't like custom names, so that doesnt help me :P)

I think its an excellent idea. Why not /addcontact <email here> to add someone to your contact list? Theres lots that would be helpful IMO for us lazy people ;)
RE: /delete command by haydos on 02-02-2006 at 03:07 PM

As for the /delete command, I think it could work but it would probably require a "Are you sure you want to delete this contact, they will be blocked and removed from your contact list" popup (or something to those words) to ensure nobody misunderstands/accidently deletes a contact. Other than that it seems a pretty good idea

quote:
Originally posted by LittleK

Why not /addcontact <email here> to add someone to your contact list? Theres lots that would be helpful IMO for us lazy people
I really like this idea I would be sure to use it. (y)

RE: /delete command by DJKAL on 02-02-2006 at 03:33 PM

quote:
I think its finding the contact which is the irritation
WLM has the facility to search for cotacts ... look at the top of the conversaion read the first part of their  email/name
and then click the main window
type it in
"delete"
"yes"
and your done ... no more reading your contact list just searching :P
RE: /delete command by qgroessl on 02-02-2006 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by haydn
quote:

Why not /addcontact <email here> to add someone to your contact list? Theres lots that would be helpful IMO for us lazy people

I really like this idea I would be sure to use it.

same here... :D
RE: /delete command by LittleK on 02-02-2006 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL

WLM has the facility to search for cotacts ... look at the top of the conversaion read the first part of their  email/name
and then click the main window
type it in
"delete"
"yes"
and your done ... no more reading your contact list just searching (Smilie)

I refuse to use WLM until the new Plus! is out, so thats irrelivant news :P Cheers anyway
RE: /delete command by qgroessl on 02-03-2006 at 03:11 AM

*bump* because Patchous online and I'm afraid he won't see it

RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by Val on 02-03-2006 at 03:26 AM

I like both the /delete and the /addcontact command and I agree there should be a confimation window ;)
But what bothers me is that some people may think /addcontact would just add the person to the conversation. We will see what patchou says ;)

RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by qgroessl on 02-03-2006 at 03:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ValSpy
We will see what patchou says

He got offline :'( so not yet... But I guess I never thought that people might confuse the /addcontact with adding them to the convo... But oh well... that would be one of them thigns that you'd get used to.
RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by Val on 02-03-2006 at 03:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
But I guess I never thought that people might confuse the /addcontact with adding them to the convo

Well when I wanted to add someone to my list I did /add but the command never existed, oh BTW is there a command that adds someone to the conversation window?
RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by lrac522 on 02-03-2006 at 03:56 AM

:D What I suddenly realize is that we can solve all this by having / command for everything done in MSN Messenger manually.(Y)

Cheers

RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by Val on 02-03-2006 at 04:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
(Smilie) What I suddenly realize is that we can solve all this by having / command for everything done in MSN Messenger manually.(Smilie)

Cheers

Sounds wonderfull,
but one draw back, some people may not like some commands and may become over clutered so why not make a command select option so you can select witch commands work and are in the list and witch are not. What you think Patchou?
RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by LittleK on 02-04-2006 at 10:22 AM

quote:
/addcontact would just add the person to the conversation. We will see what patchou say

/invite does this, not /addcontact ;)
RE: RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by Val on 02-07-2006 at 04:03 PM

quote:
quote:
/addcontact would just add the person to the conversation. We will see what patchou say

/invite does this, not /addcontact ;)

Oh opps didnt know this :$ tehe sorry.
But still I can't wait till we know what patchou thinks about this ;)
RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by John Anderton on 02-07-2006 at 05:04 PM

Isnt there a shortcut (apart for the one on the top of the screen i mean a key board one) for blocking.
And tbh its better to delete someone after blocking manually
What if you want a /destroy quick text and the /delete comes up and by mistake you select it ..... ignore/dont see the warning in a hurry .....

That would be problematic :P

RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by riahc4 on 02-14-2006 at 08:54 PM

I think maybe a utility that programmers can use to assign there own commands would be helfu
example

/runscript1

by using this command, Messenger (for example) will sign out and sign back in with the status set to Away.
You could also assign a custom command to any right click function (such as delete itself) so it can be executed.
This way we cant debate about all the commands we want/dont want.

RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by Chris4 on 02-14-2006 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I think maybe a utility that programmers can use to assign there own commands would be helfu
example

/runscript1

That could easily be abused by some.
RE: /delete command *REQUEST* by Underlord on 02-14-2006 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Why not /addcontact <email here> to add someone to your contact list? Theres lots that would be helpful IMO for us lazy people ;)
I believe there used to be a /addcontact command but it was only compatible with MSN Messenger 5 and previous.