Shoutbox

Something I'd like to see in the next msgplus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Something I'd like to see in the next msgplus (/showthread.php?tid=55486)

Something I'd like to see in the next msgplus by Kuolema on 02-02-2006 at 04:14 PM

I have a bit over 1000 sounds.
Around 300-400 of them are in one category.
This means, whenever I want to put a sound from the very end of the list it takes a lot of time to click the > arrow 15-20 times.

So my suggestion is, add browsing numbers somewhere like [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]... etc

This would really help me/us out a lot :)

EDIT: ah, I typoed the thread name.. The next version of msgplus :)

RE: Something I'd like to see in the next msgplus by Ezra on 02-02-2006 at 05:06 PM

Yeah, that's something I want to see as well! good idea!

And maybe a search option? (or is that already in :S, no idea :P, don't use plus! anymore :P, i'm on wlm and before that on gaim cause MSN 7 or lower somehow won't work on my computer :S)

RE: Something I'd like to see in the next msgplus by pollolibredegrasa on 02-02-2006 at 05:37 PM

I also think this could be quite useful. Having a large amound of sounds can make it extremely annoying to have to click the arrows many times.

Although not a total solution the the problem, you can increase the amount of sounds shown per page using the Plus! preferences (Plus>Preferences>General Options>Sounds) - this number can also be tweaked by using Messenger Plus! Tweak! to a much higher number (at the cost of sound panel loading time the first time it is loaded per convo).

There is no search option that I am aware of, however I also agree this could also be a somewhat useful feature for those of us with a large number of sounds. As an idea, perhaps the category combo in the sound panel could work as a seachbox also, so when you type something in, all sounds that contain a match or partial match could be displayed?

RE: Something I'd like to see in the next msgplus by Chris4 on 02-02-2006 at 06:02 PM

I'd like to see sub-catogories and custom catogories.

How am I suppost to know what ones are which? For example.. What ones are The Simpsons sounds and what ones are South Park sounds?

RE: RE: Something I'd like to see in the next msgplus by Kuolema on 02-02-2006 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
Although not a total solution the the problem, you can increase the amount of sounds shown per page using the Plus! preferences (Plus>Preferences>General Options>Sounds) - this number can also be tweaked by using Messenger Plus! Tweak! to a much higher number (at the cost of sound panel loading time the first time it is loaded per convo).

For this information, I thank you! This is very helpful.
Now it's only ~10 clicks to the end.
RE: Something I'd like to see in the next msgplus by Val on 02-03-2006 at 03:29 AM

I think there should be a way of adding your own catagores thus making it easier to sort your sounds. I dont know if it is done yet, and a search would be cool too, again I dont know if it already a feture since I do not use Plus! sounds. sorry patchou

RE: Something I'd like to see in the next msgplus by Idium on 02-03-2006 at 10:25 AM

i like the idea of adding custom catagarys for the Sounds, would make it easier to sort them.