Shoutbox

Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ? (/showthread.php?tid=55514)

Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ? by Solutech on 02-03-2006 at 06:21 AM

Heres the scenario .......

Standard xp pro install on a laptop . Runs perfect updated to SP2 and all updates . All drivers updated and directx .

Install MSN 7.5 . Signs in and out no bother at all . This is attached on my router off my broadband connection .

Return laptop to customers house and sets it up and attaches to her router .

Try to sign in msn and its a no go . You get either "Sorry the service is busy try again later" or "Unable to connect please try later" . Neither have connection error codes .

Nothing has been changed at all the laptop has been turned off and moved to the customers house . I have checked her router and opened the ports . I even tried DMZ'ing the pc msn is installed on . Again nada .

Uninstall and reinstall 7.5 and again big fat raspberry .

As a final throw of the dice I uninstall and go to oldversion.com and download msn 7.0 and install that . Bang signs in first go and a subsequent ten times no problem at all . Upgrade back to 7.5 and again zip . Revert to 7.0 and it signs in .

So here is the biggy .... The only difference between her broadband and mine is she is on AOL and im on a sensible ISP Pipex lol .

Does anyone have an explanation for this . I can attach this system to my router/line and 7.5 runs fine . On her router/line it wont sign in and I have to revert to 7.0 .

Im a pc engineer so the routers are both AOK with no weird or bizarre configs on either .

Im hoping someone here knows what it is . And yes her login works on her laptop when its connected at my house but not at hers so I doubt highly its a login/account issue .

Im hoping someone can shed some light on this as she really wants 7.5 .

I also tested WLM on it at her house (yes its legal im on the WLM testers list) and that fails to login either again with these nondescript errors .

Trouble shooter gives me ticks down the board no matter what .

Im truly confused lol .

RE: Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ? by MattyRid on 02-03-2006 at 06:54 AM

click here and give this a shot. Also have you tried disconnecting the customer's router and sign in?

RE: Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ? by Solutech on 02-03-2006 at 02:13 PM

This isnt that error . It has no code and 7.5 works just fine on the machine on my broadband just not at the customers . I cant see what can make it sign in fine here but not there . I doubt highly that this is this issue .

RE: Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ? by auhsor on 02-04-2006 at 03:21 AM

Possibly might have something to do with the firmware of the modem/router. I remember there is an older version of the firmware for my modem that had issues with Messenger 6.