Shoutbox

show people offline - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: show people offline (/showthread.php?tid=55546)

show people offline by littlecharlie on 02-04-2006 at 12:59 PM

Now, with the new messenger, you can go online but appear offline. Does the messenger plus have the option to know those people who are online but appear offline?

Many thanks!

RE: show people offline by Menthix on 02-04-2006 at 01:10 PM

No it doesn't.

RE: show people offline by DJKAL on 02-04-2006 at 01:27 PM

if it did there would be no point in signing in as "appear offline"
making that feature pointless and thus the feature {if it had it but DOESNT!} of showing "appear ofline" contacts also pointless :P
* DJKAL uses logic 8-|

RE: RE: show people offline by littlecharlie on 02-04-2006 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
if it did there would be no point in signing in as "appear offline"

that is not necessarily true,  "microsoft messenger" and "PATCHOU messenger plus" may not have the same purpose. And if show offline-but-actually-online-people is pointless for microsoft messenger, maybe it could have sense for another application.
Nevermind, I've seen this feature is not implement. What a shame!

Thanks
RE: show people offline by Chris4 on 02-04-2006 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by littlecharlie
that is not necessarily true,  "microsoft messenger" and "PATCHOU messenger plus" may not have the same purpose. And if show offline-but-actually-online-people is pointless for microsoft messenger, maybe it could have sense for another application.

Thanks
Of course they don't have the same purpose.

MSN Messenger is a Instant Messenger (IM) and Messenger Plus! is an add-on for MSN Messenger; completely different purposes.

P.S.
"MSN Messenger" not "microsoft messenger"
"Messenger Plus!" not "PATCHOU messenger plus"

RE: show people offline by albert on 02-04-2006 at 06:45 PM

quote:

I do not know if this is actually do-able, as I am not a programmer or anything in the kind.

What I can say though, is that this would be a breach of privacy. Think about it. How would you like it if your friends knew you were appearing offline? Don't you put that special status so no1 knows your there?
RE: RE: show people offline by littlecharlie on 02-04-2006 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
I do not know if this is actually do-able, as I am not a programmer or anything in the kind.

once, i started offline and 5 minutes later i changed to online mode. Then a guy told me, "welcome online", so i figured he somehow knew i was "offline" and then went online.

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
What I can say though, is that this would be a breach of privacy. Think about it. How would you like it if your friends knew you were appearing offline? Don't you put that special status so no1 knows your there?

if I had understood you well, i think the opposite of you :p
I think appearing offline is just lame, looking who's online without being seen (kind of cheat, isn't it? :D)

RE: show people offline by Plik on 02-04-2006 at 07:10 PM

quote:
if I had understood you well, i think the opposite of you :p
I think appearing offline is just lame, looking who's online without being seen (kind of cheat, isn't it? :D)
What if i wanted to not be disturbed, but wanted to talk to someone when they came online, i would appear offline. :-/

If you think appearing offline is lame, then don't appear offline, but some of us find it usefull and wouldnt want people knowing we are there.
RE: show people offline by qgroessl on 02-04-2006 at 07:25 PM

quote:
once, i started offline and 5 minutes later i changed to online mode. Then a guy told me, "welcome online", so i figured he somehow knew i was "offline" and then went online.

:p.... Or of course.... you could've been offline.... and you came online suddenly... and he said welcome online!

Lame idea.....
RE: RE: show people offline by littlecharlie on 02-04-2006 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
What if i wanted to not be disturbed, but wanted to talk to someone when they came online, i would appear offline. :-/

you have an option (not sure how it is in english, but might be "not available") that I would use in that case

when i'm online and i think of people that could be online (but appear offline), i feel like they spy on us, i don't like it

but it's just my opinion and i didn't mean to disturb anyone, sorry if i did so

RE: show people offline by ShawnZ on 02-04-2006 at 08:18 PM

Not possible.

----- end of thread -----

RE: show people offline by Lick My Pickles on 02-05-2006 at 04:35 AM

I think each to their own... If the option is there to not appear online and u dont want to use it dont... if u want to use it...do

If you are worried about being spied on why did u let ppl on your friends list?

Block/appear offline/appear online who cares some people may not want to talk to you..deal with it

Its just an option dont like it dont use it... dont like others using if take them off ur list

easy