Shoutbox

I Miss Messenger Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: I Miss Messenger Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=55572)

I Miss Messenger Plus! by ChickenNoodles on 02-05-2006 at 11:31 AM

It's quite upsetting really. I got an invite for the new live messenger, but as you know it's not compatible with messenger plus :( I miss it so much, messenger isn't quite the same!

Keep up the good work

Josh

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 02-05-2006 at 11:34 AM

You just have to wait for the new version of messenger plus! or downgrade to msn messenger 7.5 :)

Those are the only two options as far as i can see it :)

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by ChickenNoodles on 02-05-2006 at 11:37 AM

I'll wait but it could be months!

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Nathan on 02-05-2006 at 12:02 PM

No a couple of weeks :P
Well that's when msg plus live is coming out (Middle of febuary)

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by haydos on 02-05-2006 at 12:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak
Well that's when msg plus live is coming out (Middle of febuary)
To testers it is, the final version of Plus! Live will come out after the final of Windows Live messenger (which yes, most likely will be months, unless Patchou has found a way to work around the clock 7 days a week)
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Nathan on 02-05-2006 at 12:25 PM

Ohhhhh I thought it was for everyone :$

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by ChickenNoodles on 02-05-2006 at 01:01 PM

Th beta version of the new plus will be fine, as long as something comes out soon, i might get withdrawal

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Plik on 02-05-2006 at 01:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChickenNoodles
Th beta version of the new plus will be fine, as long as something comes out soon, i might get withdrawal
Unless you are a selected beta tester you wont be using the beta of plus, unless someone leaks it :dodgy:
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by ChickenNoodles on 02-05-2006 at 01:06 PM

:( how do i become a selected beta tester?

I WANT PLUS :P

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Nathan on 02-05-2006 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
unless someone leaks it 
Patchou said that the selected ebeta testers emails will run through his server when they sign in msn. So if someone signs in who isnt a beta tester the whole of msg plus live will be stopped. So even the beta testers will not be able to test it.
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by ChickenNoodles on 02-05-2006 at 01:10 PM

Now thats just confusing

RE: RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Matti on 02-05-2006 at 01:15 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Plik
unless someone leaks it 
Patchou said that the selected ebeta testers emails will run through his server when they sign in msn. So if someone signs in who isnt a beta tester the whole of msg plus live will be stopped. So even the beta testers will not be able to test it.

Hey, that sounds cool! Just like WLM does it... :P
That will stop those leakers, cause they can't use it. ;)
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by ChickenNoodles on 02-05-2006 at 01:16 PM

thats bad because unless i get selected i cant use it ;)

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 02-05-2006 at 01:18 PM

How is it confusing?

Basically, Patchou is choosing his beta testers very specifically so that he knows they probably won't leak them, as that would be devestating for him, as he doesn't want a buggy version of Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 to be released. So to ensure that it won't get leaked, he has set up a new system so that the email of the beta testers are 'printed' into the software, and anybody who signs into it whose email isn't printed, Patchou will be informed of this. And as far as I remember, each beta downloaded has a specific id, and they will know who leaked the beta, thus being able to get rid of the beta tester who leaked it :p.

quote:

Leaking sucks, period.

Example.

Imagine setting up a surprise birthday party for somebody that you really loved or something, and then they found out and ruined it all. That is what it being leaked would be like for Patchou.
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Nathan on 02-05-2006 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
How is it confusing?

Basically, Patchou is choosing his beta testers very specifically so that he knows they probably won't leak them, as that would be devestating for him, as he doesn't want a buggy version of Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 to be released. So to ensure that it won't get leaked, he has set up a new system so that the email of the beta testers are 'printed' into the software, and anybody who signs into it whose email isn't printed, Patchou will be informed of this. And as far as I remember, each beta downloaded has a specific id, and they will know who leaked the beta, thus being able to get rid of the beta tester who leaked it :p.

quote:

Leaking sucks, period.

Example.

Imagine setting up a surprise birthday party for somebody that you really loved or something, and then they found out and ruined it all. That is what it being leaked would be like for Patchou.
Nicely said :P
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by ChickenNoodles on 02-05-2006 at 01:48 PM

lol ok i was only kidding :)

I wouldnt want someone to leak anything i did. How would i get around to becoming a beta tester?

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Nathan on 02-05-2006 at 01:52 PM

email patchou at mplus@patchou.com

He said...
*    First, realize that beta testing is not a game but a job. Your goal will be to find bugs by using features that sometimes may not interest you.
*    Secondly, remember that Messenger Plus! Live, as its name indicates, is only compatible with Windows Live Messenger (Messenger 8.0). You will need Windows XP or Windows Vista to run it, don't try on Windows 98 or Windows 2000 with a patch, it won't work.
*    If you really want to help by becoming a beta tester, send an email to mplus@patchou.com with the following information: your full name, your nickname, your country, your name on this forum (very important), and your motivation for beta testing. Also, please let me know if you beta tested the software before

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by ChickenNoodles on 02-05-2006 at 02:00 PM

cheers!

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 02-05-2006 at 02:13 PM

Also, please note that only those well known around this forum by patchou, and those who patchou trusts greatly will become beta testers.

I don't think I've ever seen you in my life.

Good luck though!

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by ChickenNoodles on 02-05-2006 at 02:15 PM

I'm pretty new to the forums, but i've used Messenger Plus for ages! Should have got on here a bit sooner.

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by bazik on 02-05-2006 at 04:24 PM

Actually i think that being a posting freak doesn't mean you will be a good beta tester or even a beta tester that patchou can trust in. That will work for some i'm sure, but its not a mathmatical rule! and obviously a guy that doesnt post that much can be a good beta tester, and a reliable one.

Of course i dont know exactly the criteria for choosing but i think it would be mistake to simple trust everybody that posts alot (there's a lot of pointless posts around here, and everybody knows it) and just discard everybody that doesnt... i believe a balanced view would be better.

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by matty on 02-05-2006 at 04:39 PM

quote:

Since when did he say that?
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Eljay on 02-05-2006 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=55...d=595439#pid595439
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by matty on 02-05-2006 at 05:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
quote:
quote:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=55...d=595439#pid595439
Edit: Well all he would need to do is check the signed in email to a list of testers on the server and if its not one then disable everypart of Plus! probably the easiest way but I guess Patchou has thought about it all.
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by lrac522 on 02-05-2006 at 05:07 PM

quote:
It's quite upsetting really. I got an invite for the new live messenger, but as you know it's not compatible with messenger plus :( I miss it so much, messenger isn't quite the same!

Keep up the good work

Josh

I also got an invite for the windows live messenger and the minute i installed it and realized that plus! was not compatible i immediatly uninstall it cause i would die without my plus!(Y)
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by [MR] on 02-05-2006 at 06:12 PM

does anyone know if patchou has even tried to read all 300 emails to become a beta tester?

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by matty on 02-05-2006 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]does anyone know if patchou has even tried to read all 300 emails to become a beta tester?
He said he was selecting testers yesterday (Saturday), but the beta wouldn't be sent for a bit. Now if he has selected the testers (which I am not sure if he has or not) you would be hearing about it until you are sent the beta.
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Omar on 02-05-2006 at 06:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]does anyone know if patchou has even tried to read all 300 emails to become a beta tester?
Im sure he read mine... :P

he pasted it when he went on irc... :dodgy:
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by matty on 02-05-2006 at 06:52 PM

I was bugging him about getting my buddy into the beta so thats when he told me he was selecting testers and we talked about GDI+ and how much I hated it when it wasn't working lol.

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Mike on 02-06-2006 at 11:54 AM

And what if my brother for example was a WLM tester too?
If he tried to sign in, MP!L would be disabled for all users?

Note that my brother isnt a WLM, nor anybody using this computer is.
This was just example.

I just hope that MP!L wont do this for Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger 7.5 :P

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 02-06-2006 at 01:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Omar
quote:
Originally posted by [MR
Im sure he read mine... :P

he pasted it when he went on irc... :dodgy:
:lol:
Your post is useless without logs (A)

What i dont get is why this thread is still open. We all know more or less what patchou has said. He will open a thread and email the necessary users when he feels that the time is right so why are we going on about this. I guess some of these are important posts but those are still offtopic and need to be split imo (A)
Well thats just me :P
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by SilverJax on 02-06-2006 at 07:17 PM

I have 7.5 & WML :)

Can't msn without Messenger Plus ^_-

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Eljay on 02-06-2006 at 07:57 PM

hmm Mike that got me thinking, my brother also uses my PC, and uses msgplus, so what if he signs in with plus! live on :/

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Plik on 02-06-2006 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
hmm Mike that got me thinking, my brother also uses my PC, and uses msgplus, so what if he signs in with plus! live on :/
If he's not a WLM tester you don't need to worry. Otherwise you could try and only install plus live! on your user account.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

This was just example.

I just hope that MP!L wont do this for Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger 7.5 :P
Possibly the most unthought out post from you. Unless your are using a Proxy for WLM how are you going to sign in if your not a beta tester :$.

If his brother was a tester he could happly sign in :P (mike did say that in his post ;))
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by adam.yao on 02-14-2006 at 01:03 AM

I miss messenger live 2.

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Hank on 02-14-2006 at 01:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adam.yao

I miss messenger live 2.
how could you miss Messenger Live when it aint even out yet?   .. use 7.5 or whatever version you had with PLus3.62
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Voldemort on 02-14-2006 at 01:54 AM

there will never,  or have been mpL version 2.

RE: RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by adam.yao on 02-14-2006 at 02:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:
Originally posted by adam.yao

I miss messenger live 2.
how could you miss Messenger Live when it aint even out yet?   .. use 7.5 or whatever version you had with PLus3.62

:o I have installed msn messenger 7.5 and wlm 8.0 on my pc, but i use 
7.5 mostly  with plus3.62.

If plus live is available , i will use 8.0.
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Dane on 02-14-2006 at 08:34 AM

Umm...How could you have possibly liked Messenger Plus! 2 over 3?  At the time, 2 was great and awesome and all hats off to Patchou, but Version 3 is so much better, and Version 4 will be better than Version 3.  I just dont get what you would like about Version 2 over 3.  Care to Elaborate?

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 02-14-2006 at 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Umm...How could you have possibly liked Messenger Plus! 2 over 3?  At the time, 2 was great and awesome and all hats off to Patchou, but Version 3 is so much better, and Version 4 will be better than Version 3.  I just dont get what you would like about Version 2 over 3.  Care to Elaborate?

What he meant was "I miss Messenger Live too."
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by ~INVASION~ on 02-14-2006 at 08:59 AM

gad im sick of all these threads with ppl saying how they want messenger plus, it will be released when its released, use the search button

RE: RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Salem on 02-14-2006 at 09:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike

This was just example.

Messenger Plus! Live (MP!L) will not be compatible with Windows Messenger or MSN Messenger. It will only work with Windows Live Messenger.
RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by user27089 on 02-14-2006 at 09:08 AM

Although, Patchou said that he is releasing a final version of Messenger Plus! that will work with 7.5 and Windows Messenger.

RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Hank on 02-14-2006 at 09:10 AM

he did?.. i never saw that mentioned

RE: RE: I Miss Messenger Plus! by Salem on 02-14-2006 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Although, Patchou said that he is releasing a final version of Messenger Plus! that will work with 7.5 and Windows Messenger.

Messenger Plus! already works with Windows Messenger & MSN Messenger 7.5.

Did you mean he will release one final version Of Messenger Plus! before discotinuing it and concentrating on Messenger Plus! Live?