Shoutbox

SOLVED:help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: SOLVED:help (/showthread.php?tid=55586)

SOLVED:help by [MR] on 02-06-2006 at 02:27 AM

i just finished reinstalling windows xp on my computer and it randomly turned off.  so i tried to turn it back on but no video works.  i can hear the computer on but no video output.  i put in another graphics card and it didnt work either.  right now im just going to let it cool down and see if that will help, which i really hope it does.  and thing i can do?  thanks.

RE: help by DJeX on 02-06-2006 at 02:45 AM

Try a different screen.

RE: help by [MR] on 02-06-2006 at 02:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
Try a different screen.
no thats not the problem...i already have

anyways like i said i was going to let it cool down and then retry, thank God it worked.  so installed some drivers for some of my devices and then restarted and got that stupid beeping thing that i got over the summer.  you turn the computer on and all it does it beep so now i have to let it cool down for that.  now i have search for the thread i made ages ago about how i got my gfx card to work on my computer.  basically i really should delete this thread, but if any other errors i am confused about occur i will let yall know.  i will delete this thread if i have no further questions.  thanks anyways.
RE: help by Snake on 02-06-2006 at 02:53 AM

Is it a beep the stop the beep? if so thats a Ram problem.

RE: help by [MR] on 02-06-2006 at 02:55 AM

no its not a RAM problem...its a beep that continues forever.  now i have discovered that it is being caused by my wireless internet card.  only if it is plugged in the beeping occurs.  i have no idea why this is happening.

RE: help by Voldemort on 02-06-2006 at 02:58 AM

that can be prolly a driver problem...
i think...

RE: help by [MR] on 02-06-2006 at 03:00 AM

how would it be a driver problem when no drivers are loaded in the bios?

RE: help by ShawnZ on 02-06-2006 at 03:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]how would it be a driver problem when no drivers are loaded in the bios?

you're learning, but drivers aren't loaded in the bios anyway =p they're loaded in windows and it uses them as a sort of gateway between the devices and windows itself =p

If you have another computer, try the nic in it. Also, try the nic in a different location. Also, remove the nic and go into the bios and check the settings of its previous pci port.
RE: help by [MR] on 02-06-2006 at 03:18 AM

sure i will try the wireless card on another computer.  i was trying to boot in safe mode and the computer froze and now its making this beeping sound with out the card...i have so little patience for this.  all because i went to a dodgy site and thought i was getting a no cd crack.  well lets hope that this will all work out.

edit:  the card works fine on my spare computer.  i dunno what is going on really.  i just want the beeping to stop.  should i take to battery out of the Mobo and then put it back in?  i have done this before and it helped.  any other help will result in a thanks you.

edit 2:  finally figured it out.  too much to type.  so ill just end the thread.