Shoutbox

Idea for a hidden address plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Idea for a hidden address plugin (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

Idea for a hidden address plugin by simsgenius on 02-06-2006 at 07:38 PM

Right, well people don't want others to have their address cause they don't want them to bug them (that could be solved by blocking) and giving their address out. But what i have found is that some people don't trust other people with their email address but they would still like to talk to them.

Well what if you could be on msn and then you joined some sort of thing which meant you had a kinda code which was a few letters and numbers in or something and then all the person has to do is type in something like:

/[whatever msgplus code thing would go here to signal that you wanted to send one of these messages] [persons code] [message]

Not thought this through entirely but you get the jist. I had this idea for mobiles which would probably be more useful but cost lots.

And btw, the uk (which i'm in) has a new law that means that as long as i can give proof that i came up with the idea first (this post is proof) then the idea is automatically copyrighted to me and i could take someone to court for copying (but obviously if it was something stupid like i sue them for my idea of using and in 2 sentences in a row they wouldn't let me win). That's just some legal natter so nobody copies the idea.:D

RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin by ShawnZ on 02-06-2006 at 07:42 PM

cool idea... but wouldn't the code be the exact same as the address and have no difference? =p

RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin by n0n4m3 on 02-06-2006 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by simsgenius
Right, well people don't want others to have their address cause they don't want them to bug them (that could be solved by blocking) and giving their address out. But what i have found is that some people don't trust other people with their email address but they would still like to talk to them.

I created invisible lists to help with this kind of situation. Check the post: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=53...d=577262#pid577262

quote:
Well what if you could be on msn and then you joined some sort of thing which meant you had a kinda code which was a few letters and numbers in or something and then all the person has to do is type in something like:

/[whatever msgplus code thing would go here to signal that you wanted to send one of these messages] [persons code] [message]

Not thought this through entirely but you get the jist. I had this idea for mobiles which would probably be more useful but cost lots.

Like Shawnz said, what would be the difference of having your email or code?

quote:
And btw, the uk (which i'm in) has a new law that means that as long as i can give proof that i came up with the idea first (this post is proof) then the idea is automatically copyrighted to me and i could take someone to court for copying (but obviously if it was something stupid like i sue them for my idea of using and in 2 sentences in a row they wouldn't let me win). That's just some legal natter so nobody copies the idea.:D

If you did want the idea for yourself, why would you post in this forum in the first place? eheheh :P
And I think you can't sue people from countries that have nothing to do with uk :)

RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin by DJKAL on 02-06-2006 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by n0n4m3
    quote:Originally posted by simsgenius
    And btw, the uk (which i'm in) has a new law that means that as long as i can give proof that i came up with the idea first (this post is proof) then the idea is automatically copyrighted to me and i could take someone to court for copying (but obviously if it was something stupid like i sue them for my idea of using and in 2 sentences in a row they wouldn't let me win). That's just some legal natter so nobody copies the idea.(Smilie)

If you did want the idea for yourself, why would you post in this forum in the first place? eheheh (Smilie)
And I think you can't sue people from countries that have nothing to do with uk (Smilie)

is he asking for someone to make the plug-in
or is he going to do it?
cos if he's asking fot it to be made then he has kinda screwed up the idea of it being "his plug-in" it is only "his idea"
RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin by simsgenius on 02-06-2006 at 09:54 PM

no, i'm an ideas person, not a technical person.

RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin by DJKAL on 02-06-2006 at 09:57 PM

quote:

then why post the bit about the copy right?
it will just make people not create your idea in fear of getting sued!
RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin by simsgenius on 02-06-2006 at 10:11 PM

i mean that the mobile idea could probably be very sucessful and work and i don't want someone else taking creidt for it and lots of money.

RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin by TheBlasphemer on 02-07-2006 at 08:58 AM

Yes yes, that copyright bit really helps to motivate! *ahem*
Anyway, Web2Messenger was created for this purpose, so you can have people talking to you without giving out your address :)

RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin by linx05 on 02-07-2006 at 09:13 AM

quote:
"You are an ideas man simsgenius. That's why I'll call you the ideas man. You have lots of ideas."