Shoutbox

WL feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WL feature (/showthread.php?tid=55623)

WL feature by Elessar on 02-07-2006 at 09:07 AM

I have been using Windows Live Messenger for a weeks now (thanks to TD) And I have noticed this feature that seems new, yet I don't know the purpose of the feature or what it does.
In the Actions menu there is a feature called 'Call a contacts computer' Can anyone explain to me what this feature does? Thank-you

RE: WL feature by MattyRid on 02-07-2006 at 09:18 AM

Voice over IP (VoIP).

To summarise, basically, by using a broadband connection and a special type of phone, you can call anyone using WLM provided you have enough credits to use.

Have a look here for more info.

I cant seem to find the other major blog post made by the WLM team about this. If anyone else can find it It would be good.

RE: WL feature by Elessar on 02-07-2006 at 09:19 AM

RE: RE: WL feature by joemailey on 02-07-2006 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion
Voice over IP (VoIP).

To summarise, basically, by using a broadband connection and a special type of phone, you can call anyone using WLM provided you have enough credits to use.

Have a look here for more info.

I cant seem to find the other major blog post made by the WLM team about this. If anyone else can find it It would be good.

Voice over IP. - Call a contacts PC.

Call contact PC is Free, Basically its the same as MSN's Audio Feature that been around for long time. its just improved.

Main feature of WLM Call function is that you can call anyone anywhere home Phone number Mobile Phone number. Last time i check was only available in Selected Country's :-).  <<<<<<<<< That is the feature you need credits for not the  call a contacts PC.
RE: WL feature by Hank on 02-07-2006 at 09:52 AM

been in ICQ long time also