Shoutbox

playing music in audio conversation with windows media player - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: playing music in audio conversation with windows media player (/showthread.php?tid=55638)

playing music in audio conversation with windows media player by PartyInaCan on 02-08-2006 at 03:05 AM

I am talking to someone through Messenger and when my contact plays music from windows media player I am able to hear it, but when I try to play music she can't here it.  SHe is using a headset so its not coming from her speakers.

I tried contacting MSN help but they told me this is impossible?  Can anyone help me

ROb

RE: Playing music using WM Player by Val on 02-08-2006 at 03:09 AM

What do you mean hear it? Are you using a msn activity like Music mix or just having a voice conversation

RE: Playing music using WM Player by PartyInaCan on 02-08-2006 at 03:16 AM

i am having a voice converstation, and the person plays music and I can hear it but when i do it she can't hear it.

RE: Playing music using WM Player by qgroessl on 02-08-2006 at 03:18 AM

Do you have a microphone?.... If you don't have a microphone she won't be able to hear it.... and since it's coming from a headset it's very possible that the microphone is sensitive enough to pick it up.

RE: Playing music using WM Player by PartyInaCan on 02-08-2006 at 03:21 AM

we both have microphones and she said no its not that sensitive.  She is also in israel and i am in NY

RE: Playing music using WM Player by [MR] on 02-08-2006 at 03:51 AM

turn your speaker volume and microphone volume up in start>programs>accessories>entertainmen>volume control

RE: Playing music using WM Player by PartyInaCan on 02-08-2006 at 03:52 AM

there all the way up

Rob

RE: Playing music using WM Player by qgroessl on 02-08-2006 at 03:59 AM

Hold your microphone closer to the speakers.

And make sure your microphone isn't muted and things like that...

I really don't know why you can hear the music and they can't.

RE: Playing music using WM Player by PartyInaCan on 02-08-2006 at 04:08 AM

yeah i know its strange, she said she isn't moving the head set towards any speakers and its not coming out of her speakers just her headset.

RE: Playing music using WM Player by _Humphreys on 02-08-2006 at 08:35 AM

Maybe she has Stereo Mix on that let's you hear/record your voice as well as sound coming from your pc at the same time.

To turn this on go to Control Panel > Sounds And Audio Devices > Voice > Voice Recording > Adavanced > Volume then make sure Stereo Mix is checked.

RE: Playing music using WM Player by Fergy on 02-08-2006 at 05:32 PM

Please note that not all soundcards include wave (the music you hear) in the stereo mix.

If you do not have a soundcard that is capable of mixing wave into the audio capture, there is a simple wiring method you can do get it working.

RE: Playing music using WM Player by PartyInaCan on 02-14-2006 at 12:33 AM

ahh no she said she has a plugin.  I wanted to see if there was a pluging in over here???????????????

I installed messenger plus

Rob

RE: Playing music using WM Player by [MR] on 02-14-2006 at 12:36 AM

you should ask her what plug in that is, i might want it aswell.

RE: Playing music using WM Player by ~INVASION~ on 02-14-2006 at 12:38 AM

why need a plugin, just turn on stereo mix:P

RE: Playing music using WM Player by Voldemort on 02-14-2006 at 12:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~

why need a plugin, just turn on stereo mix

but he wants to talk at the same time too, if i understand correctly.
RE: Playing music using WM Player by PartyInaCan on 02-14-2006 at 12:44 AM

yes she is able to talk and I can here her as she plays a song.

she told me its a pluging and was told by there msn support that is was messenger plus that they use there.

Can anyone help me?

Rob