Shoutbox

Broken DS... what should i do? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Broken DS... what should i do? (/showthread.php?tid=55650)

Broken DS... what should i do? by M73A on 02-08-2006 at 04:08 PM

ive completely fucked my NDS....

the top screen is smashed inside the case... the top doesnt work at all but the rest works like normal....

i don't think it comes under the warranty, but i was wondering how i'd go about getting it repaired... contact nintendo?

should i try and get it with the warranty?

thanks.

RE: Broken DS... what should i do? by Anubis on 02-08-2006 at 04:14 PM

I'd read the warranty first, if it covers accidental damage, contact Nintendo's customer support, they should be able to tell you exactly what to do next.
If it doesn't cover accidental damage, take it to the store you bought it from and make some enquires. (Or you could phone\e-mail them if you prefer)

RE: Broken DS... what should i do? by M73A on 02-08-2006 at 04:22 PM

'this warranty does not cover any:
-defects in this product that are caused by accidental damage.....'

argh:@

im emailing them about getting it repaired....

although it does say 'if the above 12 month warranty period has expired at the time the defect is discovered or if the defect is not covered by this warranty, nintendo may still be prepared to repair or replace the part causing the defect or the product itself'

lol... like that ever happens

RE: Broken DS... what should i do? by Chris4 on 02-08-2006 at 05:05 PM

Take it to Game (or a similar store) and ask them what to do. They'll tell you :)

RE: Broken DS... what should i do? by M73A on 02-08-2006 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Take it to Game (or a similar store) and ask them what to do. They'll tell you :)

oh trust me... the people in my local game are as helpful as a kick in the nuts.... they can bareley use the cash register
RE: Broken DS... what should i do? by Solutech on 02-08-2006 at 05:37 PM

Check your house insurance ...... . Dog damage/younger sibling fell on it may well work .

RE: Broken DS... what should i do? by Voldemort on 02-09-2006 at 02:33 AM

my sisters ds had a guarantee...
she had one year of guarantee with any type of damage, if you throw it in water, step on it or whatever...it was like $50...
if a friend has a guarantee, you can ask him to lend it to you:cownana:, or if recently bought, you **could**try a refund(<-not likely)

RE: Broken DS... what should i do? by M73A on 02-09-2006 at 07:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
my sisters ds had a guarantee...
she had one year of guarantee with any type of damage, if you throw it in water, step on it or whatever...it was like $50...
if a friend has a guarantee, you can ask him to lend it to you:cownana:, or if recently bought, you **could**try a refund(<-not likely)

ive got guarantee:P

just i read in depth and it said:
'this warranty does not cover any:
-defects in this product that are caused by accidental damage.....'
but still worth a try me thinks:P