Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 (/showthread.php?tid=55696)

Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by giken on 02-10-2006 at 09:18 AM

I got this mail about one hour ago:

quote:
Hello Managed Beta Testers!

Beta Refresh Now Available!
We are pleased to announce that we are releasing an early version of the beta refresh exclusively to the managed beta testers!
Build 0562 is now available on http://connect.microsoft.com.
You are the FIRST to get this build and we are primed and ready to receive your feedback.
As part of your beta tester agreement with us we ask that you do not leak this build outside of the Managed beta.

We would like to continue to give you exclusive build refreshes in the future and our ability to do so is dependent on them not leaking.
If you questions about this policy or if you now of someone violating this agreement, please send mail to wlminfo@microsoft.com.

In this release you will find many changes that were a result of your feedback!
Some of what you will see is:

- New UI design
- New contact list design (no more hover behavior)
- A return of the old status icons
- A Sharing Folders status and progress bar
- The Sharing Folders activity log is now in a separate window
- New Voice platform
- Improved reliability
- Improved stability
- Improved performance
- Improved login performance

Happy Testing!
Microsoft Team

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by -dt- on 02-10-2006 at 09:20 AM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=55690

*cough*

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by giken on 02-10-2006 at 09:23 AM

ops sorry, the other topic is in "testing and trashing" section so I missed it (before posting i looked for new build related topic in msn messenger section only) ;)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Hank on 02-10-2006 at 11:29 AM

from the looks of things  Aussies can now use the Share Files now?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by giken on 02-10-2006 at 03:03 PM

I installed it but files sharing feature is still disabled for me... If I use a proxy it works, so it's related to user's country I guess (I'm Italian, proxy is canadian)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by YourNeibour on 02-10-2006 at 04:02 PM

I wonder if it is finally released it will be easy to use without this proxy thing.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Kryptonate on 02-10-2006 at 04:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
I wonder if it is finally released it will be easy to use without this proxy thing.
When it will be released you won't have to work with proxies for file sharing normally, unless there's a reason they don't allow it in your country.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by TristanTJ on 02-10-2006 at 06:34 PM

man i see that older builds (like 3.54) are working on this version :D
but only a few options work colors and many other things don't work but like hide messenger and lock messenger are working :)
man i hope i can get colors to work :P
lol just for fun

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by MaRy! on 02-10-2006 at 08:47 PM

I like more this version because the colors are more luminous and nice, but I'm not official tester, I was invited :\ I'm waiting impatient :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Supersonicdarky on 02-10-2006 at 08:59 PM

i'm trying to download it, but its been qued for hours, the screenshots are sweet! cant wait for plus!

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Triple8 on 02-10-2006 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:
When it will be released you won't have to work with proxies for file sharing normally, unless there's a reason they don't allow it in your country.

Filesharing works here without a proxy
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by RaPLeX on 02-11-2006 at 06:09 PM

its very nice respect-to other beta versions.Contact list design very nice.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by RebelSean on 02-11-2006 at 06:13 PM

One thing I despise is that the login time has not been improved or at least it seems. It took well over 2 minutes to sign-in and get my contact list. Which is almost double from the last build.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by absorbation on 02-11-2006 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
One thing I despise is that the login time has not been improved or at least it seems. It took well over 2 minutes to sign-in and get my contact list. Which is almost double from the last build.

Yes, signs in quicker for me but my contact list loads so slow and while it does it, it eats my process memory it is a serious issue.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by ipab on 02-11-2006 at 07:06 PM

My opinion: It was rushed. The colorization effect should prove that. The toasts are massive :O. Other then that I like the slimmer feel to it. Sign in takes longer then before though :s. Plus, whats with the reurn of the old MSN buddies :s.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by ShawnZ on 02-11-2006 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
My opinion: It was rushed.

It wasn't rushed at all, if it was, it would be more done. The idea here wasn't to get something finished, it was to get something uploaded.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by RebelSean on 02-11-2006 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
My opinion: It was rushed. The colorization effect should prove that. The toasts are massive :O. Other then that I like the slimmer feel to it. Sign in takes longer then before though :s. Plus, whats with the reurn of the old MSN buddies :s.

It was indeed rushed, if you read the newsgroups you'll see that this build was not even intended for testers. But someone worked their magic and we got it.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by _James_ on 02-11-2006 at 07:20 PM

i found a leak on some random site before and i think it's a lot better than the other beta but still takes forever to sign in, ande contact list loads quicker:P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by RebelSean on 02-11-2006 at 10:02 PM

Has anyone found a way to fix the bug in the WMP plug-in that is making it not pick up the author of the song currently playing?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Voldemort on 02-12-2006 at 12:20 AM

I think its better, but the right aligned part and those big toasts make no sense to me at all. We should be able to change the font color too.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Hank on 02-12-2006 at 01:43 AM

as Shawnz Said, it was NOT Rushed .

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by ShawnZ on 02-12-2006 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
this build was not even intended for testers

which is exactly why it WASN'T RUSHED -- rusing by definition means to finish it quickly so they can release it. this on the other hand was just a dropping of whatever they currently had. it's bad, not rushed.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Omar on 02-12-2006 at 02:56 AM

If you're a tester go to http://connect.microsoft.com/

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by CookieRevised on 02-12-2006 at 03:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bmtaylor
Is it possible that someone can point me in the direction of the new build please.  I need to update WLM for the MP!L BETA.
If you don't have or can't get a hold of new versions, then why applying for plus! beta testing? One of the rules for applying to the plus! live beta was that you needed to have access to new versions (aka being an official WLM tester or user)....
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by -dt- on 02-12-2006 at 03:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
err i cant :-/
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Hank on 02-12-2006 at 03:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
err i cant :-/

you dont get a  Green WLM folder in My Computer do you? listed as Other Called My Sharing Folders
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by ddunk on 02-12-2006 at 03:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you don't have or can't get a hold of new versions, then why applying for plus! beta testing? One of the rules for applying to the plus! live beta was that you needed to have access to new versions (aka being an official WLM tester or user)....
He may be a user, but can't access the newest build.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Mnjul on 02-12-2006 at 06:58 AM

quote:
Is it possible that someone can point me in the direction of the new build please.  I need to update WLM for the MP!L BETA.

http://connect.microsoft.com/ doesn't work for me as I'm not a "tester".
If you are not a managed beta tester then you are not allowed to have this build for now. This build is not meant to be released for all testers currently. It's only available to managed beta testers.

Allow me to quote Mike McCoy (MS WLM Beta team) on Messenger8 beta newsgroup:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McCoy
Let me give you a little background.  This refresh is not scheduled to go out to all beta testers (managed and closed) for another couple of weeks or so.  However, the Beta Team was able to work with the product team and sell them on the idea that releasing it first to the Managed beta testers is a good thing. We would get earlier feedback and validate this build before releasing to the rest of the beta. The product team agreed, we hanged a few of our processes, and we were able to get you this exclusive preview.

LEAKING THIS BUILD WILL JEAPORDIZE OUR ABILITY TO DO THIS IN THE FUTURE!

Leaking means hosting it for download by non-managed beta testers or giving it to someone who hosts it.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by snsn on 02-12-2006 at 11:58 AM

Didn't like the UI.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Eddie on 02-12-2006 at 12:26 PM

i think its better than the original UI, and i think they could of kept the new pictures but just throw a clock infront like they did with all the old position pictures.

RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by bmtaylor on 02-12-2006 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

I've just rechecked the application thread for MP!L and there's nothing on there about needing to be an official tester.  I'm already using WLM as I used an invite that was posted on another of thses boards, but it's build 0365.

I downloaded the installer from the ideas.live.com site again, but it's still the same build.  I'm wondering when (or if) the 0562 build will see the light of day for the rest of the WLM folks who didn't get on through the connect site.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Phillip on 02-12-2006 at 05:26 PM

lol i ran a search in google and the new build of wlm is everywhere...

Bad Testers....!!!! (N) !!!!

Well i know i said i hated this UI but i guess im allready used to it..

RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by giken on 02-12-2006 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Triple8
quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:

Filesharing works here without a proxy

I tried to change my country in the passport profile, choosing USA "Folder sharing" works :D
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by spokes on 02-13-2006 at 08:15 AM

i cant install it, it says the package is missing a dll file :'(

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Hank on 02-13-2006 at 08:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by spokes
i cant install it, it says the package is missing a dll file :'(

are you an official tester or invitational tester?
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Spudster on 02-13-2006 at 01:44 PM

i apoligise for writing all that, i'm just a newbie i hope i didnt make too bad a first impression of myself

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by LittleK on 02-13-2006 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spudster
i am sorry for advertising this site but i am not doing it intentionally

What a load of crap, You're as bad as the leakers. IMO You should be banned, leaking should not be tollerated.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by BeerBro on 02-14-2006 at 02:48 AM

what do you guys think microsoft could've done?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by kittymew on 02-14-2006 at 03:01 AM

I hate it .. 8.0.0562..it looks rushed and doesnt look microsoftish(such a word?)..when i frst saw it I thought someone was playing a joke..:(..oh well..

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Dane on 02-14-2006 at 08:31 AM

Yes, .0562 is horrible.  It looks like they totally reverted to the old MSN engine and tried throwing crap on top of it as quickly as possible.  NOT GOOD. :(

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Hank on 02-14-2006 at 09:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
I hate it .. 8.0.0562..it looks rushed and doesnt look microsoftish(such a word?)..when i frst saw it I thought someone was playing a joke..:(..oh well..

why would it look "rushed"  IMO, this build has been made to more or less fit in with Windows Vista  not WindowsXP or 2000
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by xJ + on 02-14-2006 at 09:33 AM

quote:
why would it look "rushed"  IMO, this build has been made to more or less fit in with Windows Vista  not WindowsXP or 2000
Yeah. I can agree with you. Windows Vista suits this build well. And it looks brilliant though I don't like it, it looks like the older version of MSN Messenger with a new design.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Deansweb2004 on 02-14-2006 at 09:53 AM

I wonder if there is going to be a Glass Effect Edition of WLM :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Hank on 02-14-2006 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
Yeah. I can agree with you. Windows Vista suits this build well. And it looks brilliant though I don't like it, it looks like the older version of MSN Messenger with a new design.

it saught of is the older version of MSN ( older MSN messenger Engine anyway ) , hopefully Microsoft sticks to it an not go back to the newer Engine ,
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Exca on 02-14-2006 at 10:59 AM

I really like the design, and it works much better than the past beta.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by xJ + on 02-14-2006 at 11:17 AM

The design looks nice, and I don't like the status icons to change back to the original ones. Though it's difficult to check their status but it's better to have changes. New Name, New Icons, New everything.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Phillip on 02-14-2006 at 11:40 AM

Well i did say i hated it but now its kinda ok..

I can acctually tell who is busy and away now

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Hank on 02-14-2006 at 11:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
Well i did say i hated it but now its kinda ok..

I can acctually tell who is busy and away now
thats prolly the only thing that works properly atm, still rather unstable from what i read in the Newsgroups an see myself
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by ~INVASION~ on 02-14-2006 at 12:35 PM

i didnt like it at all at first, but once you get the settings correct and the way you like it, it becomes alot better, im actually liking it way more then before now

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Exca on 02-14-2006 at 01:19 PM

Status isn't displayed at mine yet (after the nicknames)... or is that an option?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by haydos on 02-14-2006 at 03:02 PM

I must be the only person who has loved the design of the previous Beta and the current one, The only thing which doesnt really suit for me is the return of the old (m) buddies in the contact list.

quote:
Originally posted by Exca
Status isn't displayed at mine yet (after the nicknames)... or is that an option?
I think it is meant to be like this
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Spudster on 02-15-2006 at 03:07 PM

yeah i liked the old icons too. but thank god they've got rid of that annoying thing with the scroll bar on the contact list.

one thing u have to admit tho haydn is its terrible idea getting rid of the chat logs, how dare they!!!

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Sunshine on 02-15-2006 at 03:26 PM

quote:
one thing u have to admit tho haydn is its terrible idea getting rid of the chat logs, how dare they!!!
What are you on about? :mipdodgy:

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Spudster on 02-15-2006 at 03:28 PM

on 8.0.0562 the chat logs wont work for me or my friend, thats what i'm on about

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Sunshine on 02-15-2006 at 03:59 PM

quote:
on 8.0.0562 the chat logs wont work for me or my friend, thats what i'm on about
You stated it as follows:
quote:
Wich implies they removed chat logging, wich they haven't.

That they don't work for you or your friend does not mean they intentionally did that nor does it mean they removed chat logging. You can leave feedback/report that it doesn't work so they can look into it and solve it.

Please word your sentences differently so they really say what you mean.
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Salem on 02-15-2006 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
i think they could of kept the new pictures but just throw a clock infront like they did with all the old position pictures.

Agreed. the old  buddy icons just don't fit in in WLM

quote:
I've just rechecked the application thread for MP!L and there's nothing on there about needing to be an official tester.  I'm already using WLM as I used an invite that was posted on another of thses boards, but it's build 0365.

*****Removed by Salem******

quote:
I downloaded the installer from the ideas.live.com site again, but it's still the same build.

Yes, it is not available via Windows Live Idea's only via Microsoft Connect to members of the Managed Beta
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Exca on 02-15-2006 at 05:10 PM

Maybe the old buddie icons are temporary. You know that the first beta only showed online/offline (green, light green)... now we know how it looks, i guess they are advancing them and added the old ones to make it easier to see peoples status now.

I can be wrong.

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Salem on 02-15-2006 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Maybe the old buddie icons are temporary. You know that the first beta only showed online/offline (green, light green)... now we know how it looks, i guess they are advancing them and added the old ones to make it easier to see peoples status now.

I can be wrong.

I think you may be right there.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by *Saint* on 02-15-2006 at 05:14 PM

quote:

I can be wrong.

maybe because like half of the old ones are still there... ex your signing in its the green ones. your signed out its the green ones, the top left corner is the green on and finally when you recieve email or someone signs in etc its the green guy. not the aqua guy from 7.5
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Exca on 02-15-2006 at 05:23 PM

they started off from an older version?

RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Sunshine on 02-15-2006 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:
Originally posted by Noyh
Please make sure .....

Salem, Noyh,

Can we please keep private info private? E-mails are not ment to be published!

Edit: Thanks Salem, i don't know who this Noyh person is or i would ask him personally to remove that post from his blog ...reported to Patchou instead.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Salem on 02-15-2006 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:
Originally posted by Noyh
Please make sure .....

Salem, Noyh,

Can we please keep private info private? E-mails are not ment to be published!

apologies, i have removed the info

quote:
I'm wondering when (or if) the 0562 build will see the light of day for the rest of the WLM folks who didn't get on through the connect site.

It looks like it'll be made available to all beta testers including closed beta members soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Leah at Messenger Says Blog
In just a few weeks anyone who currently has you (Windows Live Messenger) running on their computer will get to upgrade to the new & improved you. This makeover is by no means final – you’ll still be Beta  - but you’ll be a betta’ Beta.   And you know i'm not good at coming up with presents - so almost all changes came directly from the feedback from Windows Live Messenger Beta testers.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Patchou on 02-15-2006 at 06:03 PM

http://[removed].ben-tm.be/?p=16

What is that??? please remove this page immediately. The emails I send to beta testers are private and must not be shared.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by tony on 02-15-2006 at 06:07 PM

what's wrong with it?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Patchou on 02-15-2006 at 06:15 PM

What's wrong with it is that the emails I send to the beta testers are meant to stay private an not public.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Lt.Col.DraGon on 02-15-2006 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
What's wrong with it is that the emails I send to the beta testers are meant to stay private an not public.

That's right .. everything that has to do with beta-testing must not be leaked, even the emails... and that means someone already posted the email that Patchou sent to that tester.. telling me that maybe that person will leak the alpha version.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by tony on 02-15-2006 at 06:40 PM

as patchou said, it cant be leaked :).

RE: RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Salem on 02-15-2006 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Thanks Salem, i don't know who this Noyh person is or i would ask him personally to remove that post from his blog ...reported to Patchou instead.

Thanks. I just found it by doing some googling, so i dunno who it is either

EDIT: i just posted a comment asking him to remove the post. Hope this helps.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Menthix on 02-15-2006 at 07:47 PM

I know who it is, PMed him on this forum and left a comment on his site.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Lt.Col.DraGon on 02-15-2006 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

Did you report that to Patchou? or does he already know?
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Salem on 02-15-2006 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

Did you report that to Patchou? or does he already know?

Patchou knows about it, not sure if he know who the person is though.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Menthix on 02-15-2006 at 07:55 PM

I'll let Patchou know, but want to wait to see what the guy replies first. There's nothing more he can leak for now anyway.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Patchou on 02-15-2006 at 08:13 PM

Just so you know, the tester who posted this email has now been banned permanently from the beta testers list. Beta testing is a serious work, performed by people who have to be trusted. And anyway, copy/pasting the emails of others without their permission is rude.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by tony on 02-15-2006 at 08:17 PM

can i take his place patchou? you didnt read my mail :D

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Lt.Col.DraGon on 02-15-2006 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Just so you know, the tester who posted this email has now been banned permanently from the beta testers list. Beta testing is a serious work, performed by people who have to be trusted. And anyway, copy/pasting the emails of others without their permission is rude.

wow that was quick :P , good job on that Patchou.

Testing is very serious, not a game.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by user35870 on 02-15-2006 at 08:25 PM

quote:

Good Move, Fast (Y) BETA testing isn't just about getting a program before it comes out. You get selected because you are trusted  with private info and are willing to test the program.
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Salem on 02-15-2006 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
quote:

wow that was quick :P , good job on that Patchou.

Testing is very serious, not a game.

Yes that was quick
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by prashker on 02-15-2006 at 08:35 PM

quote:
;-)
See I asked for permission to post pics of these :)
www.sonicsam.net/patchousemail
uh oh :P....I didnt pm CookieRevised....pm'ing him now.

quote:
Originally posted by Chr1s
Good Move, Fast (Smilie) BETA testing isn't just about getting a program before it comes out. You get selected because you are trusted  with private info.

Complety agree with that....I didnt want to become a tester just to have the prog (well at least that wasent the highest priority :P)...but instead find bugs for when the final is released of MP!L Is released it will be bug-free.

Anyways for WLM 8.0.0562
I have been enjoying this one better than the other. Even if it was not meant to be released it is still very nice. Yet buggy. Me and few other have discovered a few bugs already

"Well everyone knows the WLM converstation text bugs, well here is a list of what I know.

* Unprased emoction text before emoction
    * Hightlight and delete/edit text
    * Copy and paste text"

I have also found...when you return to WLM after it was minimized to tray. It displays a no contact on contact list message for a little bit less than a second and then populates the list.

For design I really like it :)

So far I have a light-light-light-blue color for WLM and the message window of WLM.

Overall I think the final product will be awsome :) (when it gets released --which I forgot when it gets released:P--)

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Salem on 02-15-2006 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Complety agree with that....I didnt want to become a tester just to have the prog (well at least that wasent the highest priority :P)...but instead find bugs for when the final is released of MP!L Is released it will be bug-free.

I agree. I also think Patchou made a good decision on how to deal with this situation. It set's an example for other who are considering leaking information about a beta test process.

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
I have also found...when you return to WLM after it was minimized to tray. It displays a no contact on contact list message for a little bit less than a second and then populates the list.

I get this problem even when opening it from the notification area. It doesn't have to be minimised..

Other than that i think its a nice build. I Prefer the GUI to the previous WLM 8 one.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Eddie on 02-15-2006 at 11:49 PM

Same happens to mine Salem, but i wouldnt class it as a major bug lol ;) But yer i agree the UI is better than the original WLM 8 ;)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Trunten on 02-16-2006 at 12:17 AM

Okay, first of all, before you all get the wrong idea about me:

1. I am new around here, I don't know hardly any of you very well, I don't visit around here often, and yes I was new to your beta testing here.

2. I was just simply excited I got accepted. I wasn't even expecting to be accepted. So i was very happy and proud about it.

3. Maybe it was my fault for not asking about what to do and what not to do regarding beta testing Plus. I was not familiar with what you are and are not allowed to discuss.

4. No, I wouldn't have leaked the beta.

5. I understand how serious beta testing is. I'm not stupid, I don't leak things. I do other beta testing.

6. I do appreciate those of you who came to my blog though. The entry was removed.

7. I do think it was a bit harsh and over reacting that I've been permanently kicked of the beta for that.

Think of me what you will. I apologize, and it was a mistake. I wish I'd have another chance.  But do what you will. I'm just defending myself.

Patchou, I'm sorry. We don't even know each other. This is a misunderstanding. I'm sorry for blogging the email.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Hank on 02-16-2006 at 12:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Trunten
I understand how serious beta testing is. I'm not stupid, I don't leak things. I do other beta testing.
whats to say you didnt leak MPL4 if you say you do leak oher beta's?
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Menthix on 02-16-2006 at 12:32 AM

He didn't say that.

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Trunten on 02-16-2006 at 12:36 AM

quote:
whats to say you didnt leak MPL4 if you say you do leak oher beta's?
I've never tested any previous builds before.

I don't know what you even meant by your post.

I don't leak anything I beta test. it's not worth it.

Now I'm not continue arguing in here. For one, it's getting the topic off topic, and I don't want to make this worse for myself.

If you want to talk about this with me, do it under PM please.

Last thing I'm saying about this is it's a misunderstanding that I felt should've been handled differently.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Hank on 02-16-2006 at 12:37 AM

info on it yeah but not mpl4 beta no

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Trunten on 02-16-2006 at 12:39 AM

quote:
info on it yeah but not mpl4 beta no
I guess I'm confused...

"mpl4" is this current beta?

Anyway, it was an accident like I all ready said. I wasn't aware making the emails public was a problem.

I've had it all explained to me now.

Just let it go. If Patchou wants to talk to me about it, he will. I don't need any more arguments from anyone else.

I don't appreciate how quick some of you are to jump to conclusions when you don't know me, and just assume from that ordeal I can't be trusted.

I was at work during when this all happened. If I could've resolved it sooner, I would've.

One last thing, you other testers shouldn't have linked to my blog, since what I posted was such an issue. What you should've done is not have posted links to it, and instead had only just PM'd Patchou and I. I also would've appreciated waiting until I was online again to discuss this with me instead of going over board and removing me. (This online/away thing here confuses me, it looks like you have to set it yourself and it's not automatic. Maybe to everyone I looked online at the time when I really am not.)

Let the topic get back on topic now please.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0562 by Patchou on 02-16-2006 at 02:06 AM

Hi Trunten,

I understand this was a mistake from your part, I'm sorry if my decision looks harsh, it probably is but I've had many problems in the past with potential leakers so I don't take any chances now. Please email me and we'll talk about that.

Thread closed.